Diglot
Italy
Joined 4010 days ago

308 posts - 414 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English
Studies: German, Swedish

Message 113 of 145
29 October 2014 at 7:37pm | IP Logged 
I'd like to hear your opinion on Lingua Latina per se Illustrata when you'll finish
it. I was interested in starting studying latin myself since it would be quite
useful for me (I study philology and linguistics, amongst other things), but having
little time to dedicate on a 3rd language I was wondering what the best method
could be.

Anyway, good luck!
1 person has voted this message useful

tristano
Tetraglot
Netherlands
Joined 3842 days ago

905 posts - 1262 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, Spanish, French, English
Studies: Dutch

Message 114 of 145
29 October 2014 at 9:26pm | IP Logged 
thanks!
sure, I'll let you know :)

tristano
Tetraglot
Netherlands
Joined 3842 days ago

905 posts - 1262 votes 

Message 115 of 145
01 November 2014 at 10:58am | IP Logged 
What is happening right now.
Well, something really good. Thanks to the ton of input I'm consuming in Spanish every day, I caught myself to think
in Spanish without even make it on purpose, and this night I had a dream in Spanish! Also my book "Gramática del
uso del español B1/B2" arrived and I started to study it (and do the exercises).
I finished the podcast "Notes in Spanish Intermediate" and I'm already deep inside "Notes in Spanish Advanced". I will
proceed with SpanishPod101 beginner seasons the fastest I can to get the information I'm not able to pick alone
(but skipping the grammar explanations) in order to be able to start the Intermediate seasons as soon as I finished
with Notes in Spanish Advanced. The beginners contain too much English and there is much more Spanish in the
Intermediate. Notes in Spanish * is, instead, completely in Spanish but they don't provide a lot of explanations.

I'm continuing with Lingua Latina for Latin. I'm dedicating myself to understand the text more than to understand
the grammar. I will probably go through the whole book (maybe even the second one) before to study grammar
more actively.

With Dutch, I'm playing with Lyricstraining to improve my listening abilities. There are lyrics that are simple to
understand and lyrics that are more difficult because they contain a lot of words that I don't know. Can be
interesting sometimes working with the lyrics and the translation.

French: I need to study more grammar in order to do well at the oncoming grammar test (and improve my grammar
obviously).

tristano
Tetraglot
Netherlands
Joined 3842 days ago

905 posts - 1262 votes 

Message 116 of 145
01 November 2014 at 6:31pm | IP Logged 
Also. I tried to watch Destinos but I gave up. Too easy and unchallenging, even the last episode. I don't doubt that I
can still learn different things but it would be rather boring.
I'm literally eating Notes from Spanish so I guess I need something else because the beginner serie of
SpanishPod101 is very long and I cannot make it to go trough it all before finishing Notes from Spanish Advanced.

tristano
Tetraglot
Netherlands
Joined 3842 days ago

905 posts - 1262 votes 

Message 117 of 145
01 November 2014 at 11:50pm | IP Logged 
Just discovered that in addition to Notes In Spanish Intermediate and Advanced there are also Notes in Spanish (I
don't know why I wrote it "Notes FROM Spanish" several times... well.) Gold and Notes from Spain. So other material!

I'm also having fun with "Que vida mas triste" :) And discovered que también me gusta mucho una band qui se llama
"Héroes del silencio", in addition to "Mago de Oz" and "Celtas cortos".
2 persons have voted this message useful

ijsn
Diglot
Brazil
Joined 3539 days ago

12 posts - 19 votes
Speaks: Portuguese*, English
Studies: Spanish

Message 118 of 145
02 November 2014 at 12:05am | IP Logged 
Maybe you could try to listen to Spanish Podcast episodes. I've listened to some of them back in 2012 and they are good. They speak only in Spanish.
www.spanishpodcast.org

As a matter of fact, I'll start to listen to them again.

tristano
Tetraglot
Netherlands
Joined 3842 days ago

905 posts - 1262 votes 

Message 119 of 145
02 November 2014 at 10:38am | IP Logged 
Hi ijsn, thank you for the advice. I gave it a try, unfortunately it is painfully slow.
I prefer to use full speed material as I have already a good comprehension of the language. What I love of Notes in
Spanish is that every time there is an unusual word they explain what does it means, but they talk at normal speed.

tristano
Tetraglot
Netherlands
Joined 3842 days ago

905 posts - 1262 votes 

Message 120 of 145
08 November 2014 at 2:40am | IP Logged 
So it seems that Notes from Spain is in English (but not Notes in Spanish Gold).
I will pass directly to the intermediate podcast of Spanishpod101 to listen during my
moves.

Today I spoke for the first time in Spanish with an Italian friend and I discover that
I'm already quite comfortable to pronounce Spanish and to use high frequency vocabulary
(thanks to all my listening). Much more than I'm comfortable with Dutch. :(

I'm having some vacation days in Italy and I should study French. And Spanish. And Dutch.
The truth is that I'm never at home so I'm not studying at all and next Thursday I have
the French grammar test at the Alliance :(

This discussion contains 145 messages over 19 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version