Joined 6341 days ago

734 posts - 1036 votes 
Speaks: Latvian*, English, German, Russian
Studies: Korean, Finnish

Message 81 of 236
19 March 2014 at 9:26am | IP Logged 
Stassri wrote:
Evita wrote:
maybe someone could be so kind as to write the 3 or 5 most used phrases that she says in every podcast?

오늘도 보고 싶었어요 케이비에스 쿨에프엠 볼륨을 높여요 저는 유인나입니다.

감사합니다! I'm also curious what she says after playing a song - she says the name of the show but something else as well, I think it includes the word "함께" so maybe it's the name of a guest or a product placement? I think it ends in "계십니다".
1 person has voted this message useful

Stassri
Korea, South
Joined 3887 days ago

23 posts - 29 votes
Speaks: Korean*

Message 82 of 236
19 March 2014 at 10:21am | IP Logged 
Locate the min:sec at which shy says that at this website. I could probably help you.

Evita
Tetraglot
Latvia
learnlatvian.info
Joined 6341 days ago

734 posts - 1036 votes 

Message 83 of 236
19 March 2014 at 11:28pm | IP Logged 
Stassri wrote:
Locate the min:sec at which shy says that at this website. I could probably help you.

That's exactly the website I use to listen to the podcasts but for some reason it's down at the moment. Strange. Anyway, thanks for the offer, I'll definitely look up the precise spot when the site comes back again.

And just a short update on my German. Since I have to use it at work daily, I don't feel much enthusiasm to study it at night. When I don't know a word, I use an online dictionary to look it up, or ask a colleague of mine. Basically I'm able to write what I need to even if it's not always elegant or even completely correct. One thing I try to do is to pay attention to the vocabulary used in the tickets by native German speakers. It's pretty specific and I wasn't familiar with a big part of it before I started working here. For example, I didn't know that "hinterlegen" was to enter something in a database.

druckfehler
Triglot
Germany
Joined 4657 days ago

1181 posts - 1912 votes 
Speaks: German*, EnglishC2, Korean
Studies: Persian

Message 84 of 236
20 March 2014 at 8:45pm | IP Logged 
Just listened to her first comment after a song:

2014년 2월 9일 일요일 유인나의 볼륨을 높여요 첫곡으로는 artist의 title 들으셨습니다.

Introducing the second song (a request):
그럼 우리 xx씨의 신청곡 artist의 title 듣고 오죠.
After the song she says:
커피소년 그리고 타루와 함께 "앤틱한 게 좋아" 만나 보고 계십니다.
(앤틱한 게 좋아 is the corner they're doing)

She also sometimes says artist의 title 듣고 왔어요 after the songs and 잠깐만요 before playing the jingles/advertising.

And she always introduces the listeners' messages with xxx님, referring to them with three numbers.

Hope this helps :)

The Yoo Inna podcasts on itunes haven't been updated since February. Maybe there's some technical problem. Had that situation with her podcasts once before.

Edited by druckfehler on 20 March 2014 at 8:52pm

2 persons have voted this message useful

Evita
Tetraglot
Latvia
learnlatvian.info
Joined 6341 days ago

734 posts - 1036 votes 

Message 85 of 236
21 March 2014 at 7:05pm | IP Logged 
Thanks, Renate! That's very helpful. Well, I would know 잠깐만요 in my sleep, it's a word that has two very important advantages - long enough for the brain to catch it even if you miss the first syllable and often used in dramas. But the rest is very helpful :)

Even though I know the word 곡, I've never noticed it in her podcasts. I'll keep an ear out for it now. But what kind of construction is 듣고 오다? I only know -고 있다 and -고 싶다.

I've noticed the "앤틱한 게 좋아" even though I didn't know how to spell it. I like that jingle. But what is it about? Antiques?

Quote:
And she always introduces the listeners' messages with xxx님, referring to them with three numbers.

Huh? Why? Do the listeners not want their names on the radio? At least their first name? Is this common in Korea? How does she pick the numbers then? Starting from 001 and onwards? 정말 놀라워요.

Anyway, perhaps you can help me out with a couple other things. Let's look at February 24th. Around the 4:10 mark she says, I suspect a telephone number, something like 8010. What exactly does she say? Asking the listeners to call the studio? I've noticed some phone calls but not very often.

And another bit I'm curious about is just after the jingle at 4:50-4:55, it sounds like "anke". Is it perhaps 앉게 or 않게 or something else entirely?

Warp3
United States
forum_posts.asp?TID=
Joined 5324 days ago

1419 posts - 1766 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish, Korean, Japanese

Message 86 of 236
22 March 2014 at 2:12am | IP Logged 
Evita wrote:
Around the 4:10 mark she says, I suspect a telephone number, something
like 8010. What exactly does she say? Asking the listeners to call the studio? I've
noticed some phone calls but not very often.

Without listening (just by reading your post) my first instinct is that it could be a text
messaging address. For example on the show Music Core, text messages to vote for
your favorite song / artist are sent to #0505, so perhaps that is #8010 instead and is
a text messaging destination. If I recall, South Korean phone numbers can be either 7 or
8 digits (xxx-xxxx or xxxx-xxxx).

Update: I just listened to that section (which is actually closer to 4:50 on the MP3) and
my guess was correct. She says "문자 번호는 #8910" there (with #8910 pronounced
as 샵팔구일공). I'm not sure when Koreans starting saying "sharp" for # instead of "정"
(which what I had originally learned as the Korean pronunciation for that symbol), but
"sharp" is how they say it on Music Core as well. Perhaps this came from the musical
term "sharp" which looks like that (as a lot of music terms are loan words in Korean).

I can't quite catch the other part you mentioned (which shows as closer to 5:30 on the
MP3) as she is talking quite fast there.

Edited by Warp3 on 22 March 2014 at 7:36pm

druckfehler
Triglot
Germany
Joined 4657 days ago

1181 posts - 1912 votes 
Speaks: German*, EnglishC2, Korean
Studies: Persian

Message 87 of 236
22 March 2014 at 7:18pm | IP Logged 
After the number she mentions the cost of sending a message, I think. I recall a part that says "...백원입니다". I'll listen out for it next time.

EDIT: gave the segment you posted a listen and this is what I came up with:
문자 번호는 #8910 한통에 50원이고 긴 건 백원. 콩이랑 플레이어 K랑 볼륨 공용 앱은 공짜입니다.
I had to google those app names or whatever they are :) I only recently started to understand this part. All the radio shows have these messages and they say them so fast...

I guess she uses the last 3 digits of the cellphones from which the messages are sent...

After the jingle she says:
케이비에스 쿨에프엠 유인나의 볼륨을 높여요 함께 하고 계십니다.

I've been wondering about the 샵, thanks for the explanation, Warp3!

And another EDIT: the -고 오다/가다 structure is quite commonly used. Here's an explanation. It doesn't have to mean that you're walking somewhere after doing something, in our case I guess it means something like "we'll be back after listening to..."

Last EDIT for the day :)
I actually misspelled the segment a bit. It's 엔틱한 게 좋아. Here's the whole song on youtube

Edited by druckfehler on 22 March 2014 at 7:52pm

Warp3
United States
forum_posts.asp?TID=
Joined 5324 days ago

1419 posts - 1766 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish, Korean, Japanese

Message 88 of 236
22 March 2014 at 7:36pm | IP Logged 
druckfehler wrote:
I've been wondering about the 샵, thanks for the explanation, Warp3
:)

You are welcome. I guess that's one of the nice things about watching TV shows with on-
screen text. Had I come across that in audio-only form, I'm not sure I'd have caught it at
all, but seeing "#0505" (I just now realized while remembering the audio in my head that
I got the numbers wrong in my post above) accompanied by one of the MC's saying "샵공
오공오" every week made it near impossible avoid noticing that link.

For reference, the explanation I heard for why that symbol was often pronounced 정 (I
think I picked this fact up from Let's Speak Korean, now that I think more about it) is
because that is the pronunciation of the Chinese character 井 (우물; a well) which looks
quite similar.

Edited by Warp3 on 22 March 2014 at 7:44pm

This discussion contains 236 messages over 30 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version