Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

Josquin’s Language Symphony (RU, IR, 東亜)

Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
646 messages over 81 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 ... 80 81 Next >>
prz_
Tetraglot
Poland
last.fm/user/prz_rul
Joined 4654 days ago

890 posts - 1190 votes 
Speaks: Polish*, English, Bulgarian, Croatian
Studies: Slovenian, Macedonian, Persian, Russian, Turkish, Ukrainian, Dutch, Swedish, German, Italian, Armenian, Kurdish

Message 105 of 646
08 June 2012 at 12:03am | IP Logged 
Een beetje. Mijne vriend helpt me veel :) Maar kan ik niet zeggen dat mijne Nederlands communicatieve es.

Ich weiss dass vielleicht weniger Sprache zu lernen besser würde. Ich würde zwei Jahre für meiner Englisch verfeinern haben, vielleicht auch für Deutsch und dann mit andere Sprachen spielen... Aber fühle ich mich, dass Zeit auf mich nicht wartet und bereits habe ich Auftragsbestände. So... Ich werde sehen, ob es eine gute Taktik ist :)
Plus mag ich die Sprachen, einfach :)

Ah, entschulding für deines Thema verunreinigen. Ich werde es nicht mehr machen probieren :)

Edited by prz_ on 08 June 2012 at 12:04am

1 person has voted this message useful

Josquin
Heptaglot
Germany
Joined 4639 days ago

2266 posts - 3992 votes 
Speaks: German*, English, French, Latin, Italian, Russian, Swedish
Studies: Japanese, Irish, Portuguese, Persian

Message 106 of 646
08 June 2012 at 9:44pm | IP Logged 
FRIDAY, 08 JUNE 2012

There's not much to report today. Yesterday, I watched the last three episodes of Viltu læra íslensku?, and today I listened to Lenski's aria (ария Ленского) from Eugene Onegin (Евгений Онегин) by Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky (Пётр Ильич Чайковский). While I understood the Icelandic TV quite well, my understanding of Russian is not yet advanced enough to approach Tchaikovsky - although I managed to catch a word here and there, e.g. «Ах, Ольга, я тебя любил!»

I spent most of the day meeting with an old friend of mine and afterwards reading my newly acquired copy of Der Tod des Vergil by Hermann Broch, a great piece of German 20th century literature. And no, I did not watch the Euro 2012 - maybe tomorrow, when Germany will play.

@prz_: Jetzt verstehe ich, warum du gesagt hast, dass dein Deutsch ein Pidgin sei... ;)

Edited by Josquin on 08 June 2012 at 9:54pm

prz_
Tetraglot
Poland
last.fm/user/prz_rul
Joined 4654 days ago

890 posts - 1190 votes 
Studies: Slovenian, Macedonian, Persian, Russian, Turkish, Ukrainian, Dutch, Swedish, German, Italian, Armenian, Kurdish

Message 107 of 646
08 June 2012 at 10:29pm | IP Logged 
Ja, Entschuldigung für deine Muttersprache verkrüppeln. Nach den Sommerferien wird besser.

Als geht um Russisch: Keine Sorgen. Ich verstehe viel nicht immer sogar mit Slavische Muttersprache sprechen und Bulgarisch Kenntnisse. + Die Opern sind fast immer schwierigen zu verstehen :)
Und Ich habe auch kein Euro gesehen, voraussichtlich bin ich die Ausnahme in Polen.

Edited by prz_ on 08 June 2012 at 10:36pm

Josquin
Heptaglot
Germany
Joined 4639 days ago

2266 posts - 3992 votes 

Message 108 of 646
09 June 2012 at 1:29pm | IP Logged 
prz_ wrote:
Ja, Entschuldigung für deine Muttersprache verkrüppeln. Nach den Sommerferien wird besser.

'Verkrüppeln' ist gut. Ich würde aber eher von 'Vergewaltigung' reden... ;)

Scherz beiseite, es freut mich, wenn jemand meine Sprache lernen möchte, und Fehler gehören nun mal dazu.

Josquin
Heptaglot
Germany
Joined 4639 days ago

2266 posts - 3992 votes 

Message 109 of 646
10 June 2012 at 11:33pm | IP Logged 
SUNDAY, 10 JUNE 2012

Sorry, folks. I didn't do much Russian during the last few days. I was 'busy' reading and watching films during the weekend. But today I reread lesson 11 and repeated adjective declension. I hope there will be more time for my Russian studies next week. There shouldn't be many distractions - except for the work on my dissertation and a visit from my parents next weekend.

Edited by Josquin on 11 June 2012 at 12:48am

Josquin
Heptaglot
Germany
Joined 4639 days ago

2266 posts - 3992 votes 

Message 110 of 646
11 June 2012 at 11:10pm | IP Logged 
MONDAY, 11 JUNE 2012

Today was a good day! I finished another application for a scholarship and I managed to study a great deal of Russian.

I repeated lesson 11 and managed to memorize all the adjective endings. A few days ago, I said Russian adjectives were straightforward. In fact, the system is rather complicated as one has to take into account not only 'hard' and 'soft' endings, but also adjectives whose stems end in velars or sibilants. Thank God, one can easily remember the rules for endings after velars and sibilants, so the system is not too complicated.

I reread the reading section and the dialogue, listened to the recording, repeated the grammar, and did all the exercises. I did not make any mistakes in the exercises, so I can be rather proud of myself. Tomorrow, I will continue with the next lesson. As always, I still have to memorize most of the vocabulary though.

I did another translation exercise that I want to show you here. It's the corrected version, because I made two mistakes with prepositions.

Вчера мои друзья пригласили меня в гости. Они хотели показать мне новую квартиру, которую они купили недавно. Квартира находится в старом доме недалеко от Невского проспекта, на последнем этаже. Она большая и светлая, но очень дорогая. Мои друзья говорят, что им нравится жить в таком «хорошем» районе. Каждый вечер они гуляют по Невскому проспекту.

@prz_: Ich hoffe, du bist wegen meines kleinen Scherzes nicht beleidigt!? Wie gesagt, ich schätze es, wenn jemand meine Sprache lernt, und ein paar Fehler sind nicht schlimm. Ich möchte dich ermutigen, weiter auf Deutsch zu schreiben. Dein Deutsch ist auf jeden Fall besser als mein Polnisch! :)

prz_
Tetraglot
Poland
last.fm/user/prz_rul
Joined 4654 days ago

890 posts - 1190 votes 

Message 111 of 646
11 June 2012 at 11:28pm | IP Logged 
Nein, nein, nur habe ich zu viel Examen und zu wenig Zeit.

Josquin
Heptaglot
Germany
Joined 4639 days ago

2266 posts - 3992 votes 

Message 112 of 646
12 June 2012 at 9:57pm | IP Logged 
TUESDAY, 12 JUNE 2012

Today, I diverged a little bit from my routine and had a look at several languages.

At first, I repeated lesson 11 in my Russian textbook and had a look at lesson 12, which will deal with telling the date, pronominal declensions, and the reflexive pronoun свой.

Then, I wandered a little bit in the internet and had a look at the website of Ríksútvarpið (RÚV), the Icelandic broadcasting network. I listened to some radio from RÁS 1 and 2 and watched a feature about Brennu-Njáls saga. I did not understand a lot, but I enjoyed myself.

After that, I became courageous and went to the homepage of the Faroese broadcasting network Kringvarp. Again, I listened to some radio and watched some telly, and I must say I like the sound of Faroese even over that of Icelandic. It sounds so much more adventurous with it's [ʃ] and [dʒ] and [ʊɪ] and of course the 'British' [ɹ] sound.

Finally, I revisited an old love of mine and went to the homepage of BBC Alba where I once took my first lessons in Scottish Gaelic. I opened one of the Gaelic lessons and was surprised how much I still understood and how well I could still pronounce everything - Gaelic orthography and pronounciation is a nightmare! I might one day want to return to Gaelic - it's really a fascinating language.

So, not much progress on the Russian front, but a polyglot evening nevertheless.

This discussion contains 646 messages over 81 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version