Japan
Joined 3796 days ago

10 posts - 26 votes
Speaks: English*, Irish
Studies: French, German, Persian

Message 65 of 94
05 March 2014 at 2:38am | IP Logged 
Irish, Persian, and Russian.

I adored learning Irish at school. I love the sounds, the structure of the language,
and all its little quirks. I just wish that the orthography was more logical.

I developed a strong interest in Iranian history and culture. When I started exploring
the Persian language I fell in love with it. It sounds beautiful, has a long literary
tradition, and studying it is more of a joy than an effort.

I always liked Russian writers and Russia is a fascinating country. I started working
on Russian with a lot of trepidation, but now I could not imagine stopping. It has been
a hard fought battle to get to my current low level but there is no chance of me giving
up on Russian.
2 persons have voted this message useful

Henkkles
Triglot
Finland
Joined 4049 days ago

544 posts - 1141 votes 
Speaks: Finnish*, English, Swedish
Studies: Russian

Message 66 of 94
05 March 2014 at 2:35pm | IP Logged 
The more I learn about any language ever the harder it is for me to resist it. I would love to learn every language ever. I can not resist one of them, so I have to use various factors to define which ones I should learn.

tristano
Tetraglot
Netherlands
Joined 3843 days ago

905 posts - 1262 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, Spanish, French, English
Studies: Dutch

Message 67 of 94
05 March 2014 at 8:38pm | IP Logged 
Persian is an incredibly beautiful language and the more I learn about their way to express feelings and courtesies
the more I'm enchanted.
At the end of december I decided to commit myself in language studies and I started to listen to different languages
and I found myself involved in a terribly difficult decision: choose two languages to study until fluency. I decided for
Mandarin and Persian.
- Mandarin is a huge load of fun, I cannot describe it in a different way.
- I found Arabic even more charming than Persian but I decided to study Persian because it's easier. I've never
regretted my choice since I discovered I really love Persian, but now I have a fire burning inside me for Arabic!!!

Another language that I'm loving it's French, I found both the written and spoken form so elegant and sweet... and I
have the possibility to use it everyday in my workplace with native speakers that it represent a huge plus (and I'm
doing it the more I gain confidence.

Another language that I cannot resist to is Japanese. I have a crush for Japanese culture since I was 5 and I found it
to be one of the sweetest languages of Earth. I therefore decided that I'll wait until June to study it (more I cannot
resist, sorry).

After the list can be really long... but for the moment these are my most beloved.
1 person has voted this message useful

ScottScheule
Diglot
United States
scheule.blogspot.com
Joined 5024 days ago

645 posts - 1176 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish
Studies: Latin, Hungarian, Biblical Hebrew, Old English, Russian, Swedish, German, Italian, French

Message 68 of 94
05 March 2014 at 9:46pm | IP Logged 
There are many, many languages that I couldn't resist starting to learn. There are no languages that I couldn't resist learning to fluency.

oldearth
Groupie
United States
Joined 4691 days ago

72 posts - 173 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish, Esperanto

Message 69 of 94
05 March 2014 at 10:11pm | IP Logged 
I feel as if Mandarin is seducing me, and I've begun gather materials even though I still have a lot of work to do on
my Spanish; I want to stay focused on Spanish to push to higher levels for as long as I can. But Chinese opens up so
much in terms of number of speakers, travel opportunities, culture, food, etc that I feel that it is definitely in my
future. I guess I should say that travel is my top reason for studying languages. French is also on my hit list
because of its colonial spread, and even though it's lower hanging fruit for a learner of Spanish it just doesn't have
the same allure for me as Mandarin.
1 person has voted this message useful

Medulin
Tetraglot
Croatia
Joined 4464 days ago

1199 posts - 2192 votes 
Speaks: Croatian*, English, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Norwegian, Hindi, Nepali

Message 70 of 94
05 March 2014 at 11:38pm | IP Logged 
Assamese, Korean, Japanese, Vietnamese
Cape Verdean Creole

AliceM
Poland
Joined 3714 days ago

4 posts - 7 votes
Speaks: Polish*

Message 71 of 94
06 March 2014 at 2:36pm | IP Logged 
I adore french language and french coulture as well. I'm inspired french women's fashion
and style.I watch french movies just to have an occasion to listen this beautiful
language :)

Mooby
Scotland
Joined 5901 days ago

707 posts - 1219 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Polish

Message 72 of 94
06 March 2014 at 6:32pm | IP Logged 
My heart says 'Polish'
My head says 'German'
My ears say 'Portuguese'
My stomach says 'Turkish / Persian'

5 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 94 messages over 12 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 810 11 12  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version