Italy
Joined 5164 days ago

980 posts - 1594 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English, German
Studies: Russian, Swedish, French

Message 138 of 150
07 November 2013 at 8:49pm | IP Logged 
Cavesa wrote:
I'm already in my new appartment but i'm still waiting for the internet connection. So, ill log my 6wc activity
later. I am so excited!!!!!!!!

[...]

Grattis!
Hoppas att du trivs i din nya lägenhet!
(And I hope I didn’t mess up my best-wishes message to you)

1 person has voted this message useful

tarvos
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2012
China
likeapolyglot.wordpr
Joined 4524 days ago

5310 posts - 9399 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English, Swedish, French, Russian, German, Italian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Romanian, Afrikaans
Studies: Greek, Modern Hebrew, Spanish, Portuguese, Czech, Korean, Esperanto, Finnish

Message 139 of 150
07 November 2013 at 9:04pm | IP Logged 
Så vitt jag kan se har du skrivit det bra. Men det är nog bättre att en svensk skulle
korrigera dina fel, hahaha...

Cavesa
Triglot
Czech Republic
Joined 4826 days ago

3277 posts - 6779 votes 
Speaks: Czech*, FrenchC2, EnglishC1
Studies: Spanish, German, Italian

Message 140 of 150
02 December 2013 at 7:25pm | IP Logged 
So, a totally unexpeded thing has happened, as usual. I am more active in the second half of the 6wc than in the first. School and everything was an interference. And I am spending more time in the gym nowadays and I rediscovered a long missed hobby:playing the flute. But I am trying to catch up and I have still got about two weeks left. OK, a bit less.

What am I up to:

Swedish! I have dived in. I am still a horrible beginner but it does get better. My previous slow and thorough work on the Swedish pronunciation is paying off. While I am far from perfect, especially when it comes to the accent and melody of the sentence, I have no trouble with the basics of pronunciation. I've still got trouble believing the easiness of Swedish grammar, it feels like a trap. Vocabulary isn't that hard, considering my experience with English and to lesser extent German. But there is still so much work to be done!

ASCs:

French movies: 10 episodes of Profilage = +5 movies
French books: Ch. Harris: Les Sorcieres de Shreveport +3,7 (and I need to finish those five books I am in the middle of)

Cavesa
Triglot
Czech Republic
Joined 4826 days ago

3277 posts - 6779 votes 

Message 141 of 150
03 December 2013 at 2:59am | IP Logged 
ASC French books: Marc Levy:Le premier jour +4,9

ASC count:
French movies: 100/200!
French books: 53,3/200
English books: 78,3/200

hmm. it looks like I really cannot finish on time. However, I could finish a month or two later and it would still mean the same accomplishment for me. Let's see how far can I get before this year ends. :-)
2 persons have voted this message useful

Cavesa
Triglot
Czech Republic
Joined 4826 days ago

3277 posts - 6779 votes 

Message 142 of 150
11 December 2013 at 1:08pm | IP Logged 
I'm giving up on this one! Yes, I am going to pay the horrible late return fees without finishing it but I really cannot! One of the worst books I have ever opened! Les Oubliés de Kilmore by Jamet and Le Pezenec. Really, the first book (Dolmen) was an average crime/mystery story which was quite amusing. Nice thing for light reading even though nothing to return to every now and then. This is a sequel (Dolmen obviously earned some money, got a tv series etc) and I hated every chapter. Every cliché is there, including mysterious (probably evil) dead twin, someone masked to look like someone else (like Fantomas), mysterious past of a mother with Alzheimer, strange family relations most of which are predictable but still don't make much sense. Really, the "low" genres are not as easy to write as some people believe.

so: ASC French books: +2,3. Not going to read the other half.
ASC French movies: +0,5 (an episode of Profilage. I love this series)

I am reading a few more books, much better than Les Oubliés.

This 6wc didn't go well. I need to study for my university subjects :-( But I have progressed a bit with my Swedish, that is true. :-) ANd slow progress is still progress.

Suzie
Diglot
Belgium
Joined 4046 days ago

155 posts - 226 votes 
Speaks: German*, English
Studies: French, Dutch

Message 143 of 150
11 December 2013 at 6:55pm | IP Logged 
Cavesa, I am still following your entries with awe - I am really impressed how much you manage to achieve in parallel! Even though it is not as quick as you hoped for - you are right, slow progress is still progress. I believe with your spirit, you will achieve your language goals!

Emme
Triglot
Italy
Joined 5164 days ago

980 posts - 1594 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English, German
Studies: Russian, Swedish, French

Message 144 of 150
11 December 2013 at 9:47pm | IP Logged 
Cavesa wrote:
[...]

hmm. it looks like I really cannot finish on time. However, I could finish a month or two later and it would still mean the same accomplishment for me. [...]

Same here: No way I can finish my mini-SuperChallenge in German by the end of December, but maybe with a couple of more months I too could reach my objective. And as you rightly said, it’s still a worthwhile goal even if spread over a little more time.

This discussion contains 150 messages over 19 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version