Norway
brunugle.wordpress.c
Joined 6446 days ago

1292 posts - 1766 votes 
Speaks: English*, NorwegianC1
Studies: Japanese, Esperanto, Spanish, Finnish

Message 241 of 276
08 December 2012 at 1:30pm | IP Logged 
Ja. Jeg blir glad når jeg greier å finne ut av et navn på egen hånd. Hans var ganske lett. Men det er så mange navn i boka som ikke har furigana, og jeg har ikke peiling hvordan de skal uttales, og jeg gidder ikke slå dem up heller. De er nok vanlig nok navn til at japanere forstår dem, men ikke jeg. Jeg kunne skrive dem inn på data og bruke rikaisama, men så langt har jeg ikke orket.
1 person has voted this message useful

stifa
Triglot
Norway
lang-8.com/448715
Joined 4699 days ago

629 posts - 813 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, EnglishC2, German
Studies: Japanese, Spanish

Message 242 of 276
08 December 2012 at 1:45pm | IP Logged 
Boka jeg leser nå herer 愛おしい骨 (Oversettelse av Bone by Bone av Carol O'Connor.) og
der skrives alle navna med katakana uansett. (Oversatt av 務台夏子). Har bare kommet til
side 25-ish til tross for at jeg har hatt den i nesten en måned, men det blir nok masse
lesing av den på toget/flyet/hurtigbåten når jeg reiser hjemover neste søndag.

(愛 leses いと her - boktittelen tilogmed har furigana der.)

Du kan prøve å søke opp 10 most common Japanese names etc. men jeg får inntrykk av at
det ofte er kun-kun-lesninger, og jeg leser ofte ukjente navn slik. 介 brukes i -suke
navn osv... synes det er morsomt å prøve å lese navna i creditsen på filmer/animer osv.

Brun Ugle
Diglot
Norway
brunugle.wordpress.c
Joined 6446 days ago

1292 posts - 1766 votes 

Message 243 of 276
09 December 2012 at 2:47pm | IP Logged 
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Die, Landlord, Die

I know. Not exactly language-related, but I'm not in a very good mood. He's getting a loooong list on Monday and he'd better get cracking on fixing stuff.

stifa wrote:
Jeg trodde at noe hadde gått fryktelig galt i Steinkjer et øyeblikk der. :p

It might just happen!

But probably not. :}

Edited by Brun Ugle on 09 December 2012 at 5:35pm

Brun Ugle
Diglot
Norway
brunugle.wordpress.c
Joined 6446 days ago

1292 posts - 1766 votes 

Message 244 of 276
10 December 2012 at 1:16pm | IP Logged 
Yippee!

The guy from Eltilsynet (electric control) came to check the all the electric contacts, fuse box, meter, etc. It's something they are required to do every once in a while. Anyway, he found some things that needed fixing, and I got him to tell the landlord to fix the heat in the bathroom. No more freezing in the shower! Isn't that great?!

I also got the landlord to fix the light in the kitchen. There was nothing actually wrong with it besides being kind of broken, but I couldn't for the life of me get those tubes out. But he managed it and now I have good light in the kitchen.

I also convinced him that a smoke detector would be useful. He says that he is having an electrician come tomorrow or the next day. Now he [I}has to fix things since Eltilsynet says so.

He also said that someone is coming to fix the internet, but I'll believe it when I see it. He's much better at collecting rent than at fixing things.

Japanese-wise I haven't been getting a whole lot done. I've been busy with organizing TAC and being nervous about Eltilsynet coming. But I have been reading my book and using iKnow for at least 1/2 hour per day.

Brun Ugle
Diglot
Norway
brunugle.wordpress.c
Joined 6446 days ago

1292 posts - 1766 votes 

Message 245 of 276
12 December 2012 at 11:09am | IP Logged 
Why does every Japanese textbook/course think that "telegram" is such an important word? I've certainly never sent or seen a telegram before. Is it even still possible to send telegrams? Do they still exist? But apparently, even in modern Japanese courses, telegram is considered more important than mobile telephone.

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5160 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 246 of 276
12 December 2012 at 11:20am | IP Logged 
Not freezing in the bathroom seems nice :-) Otherwise I am shocked that your landlord has not provided a
smoke detector, I thought that was required by law?

Brun Ugle
Diglot
Norway
brunugle.wordpress.c
Joined 6446 days ago

1292 posts - 1766 votes 

Message 247 of 276
12 December 2012 at 12:32pm | IP Logged 
He always does everything "next week."

I told him about the smoke detector and a bunch of other stuff way back in the fall of 2010. In February 2011, he called me and asked if I had a smoke detector (as if he didn't know) and asked if he could go into my apartment to put one in. I was in Trondheim at the time and expected that when I came home, there would be a smoke detector, but no. Actually, if there were a fire, I'd have to jump from the balcony on the third floor anyway and that probably wouldn't be fun. There isn't any ladder, which I also told him.

When I figure out where I'm going to be working, I will move, but there is no point in moving now since I might end up working in Levanger and then I would want to live there. I love trains, but commuting everyday takes up a lot of time. I've done it before and it's tough. I've been spoiled these past few years with having a four minute walk to work.

Unfortunately, I just found out that all my neighbors on this floor moved, so I don't know what kind of people will move in. I hope he doesn't get anyone like those boys that lived there before with their pounding music at all hours of the day. These past months there were some Spanish girls living in that apartment. They never played music. They just talked all the time, but I can deal with that. I really don't know how they can understand each other the way they talk. They all talk at the same time. Is that a Spanish thing? If so, I'm in trouble. I often can't even squeeze my way into a Norwegian conversation.

I heard from my old boss at Customs today. She's moving to Bodø unfortunately, but I will stop to visit her in Trondheim before she leaves. She was a great boss. She liked my work and that I worked quickly and accurately. My only problem was that after I had cleared through all the cases that had piled up over the course of a year when the person who worked there before me was on sick leave, I had nothing to do half the day. Still, I shouldn't have left that job, but I didn't know that then.

tractor
Tetraglot
Norway
Joined 5279 days ago

1349 posts - 2292 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, English, Spanish, Catalan
Studies: French, German, Latin

Message 248 of 276
12 December 2012 at 1:24pm | IP Logged 
Yes, having a smoke detector is required by law, and so is having a fire extinguisher. If the house burns down, your
landlord will be in trouble. So will of course you, but not because you broke the law but because your life will be in
danger and you'll lose your home.

This discussion contains 276 messages over 35 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version