Germany
Joined 5878 days ago

2020 posts - 2295 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: English*, German
Studies: French, Mandarin

Message 98 of 225
19 December 2012 at 11:48am | IP Logged 
okidoki, that's good enough for me! ^^ I'm willing to yield the captain's chair at any time to anyone else who comes in and wants to be team leader :)

Until that time, I've come up with a few ideas:

TEAM LIST:

I’ll coordinate with Brun-Ugle to keep the list on page one of the sign-up thread as up-to-date as possible. Everybody’s logs will be there too. I don’t want to keep an updated list here because I’m pretty sure this team thread will drop like a lead balloon after a few months. Most everyone on Team Schnitzel is on another team, and we’re all going to be in our logs working, or visiting other peoples’ logs. Updating a double list in this team log will be complicated and time-consuming. My guess is, this team thread has done its job of introducing everybody and it probably won’t be very active once half a year rolls by.

ORGANIZING CHAT

Once we get nice and settled in the New Year, I suggest we start a new team thread with an emphasis on coordinating chat. We could call it “The Chatting Schnitzel” or “Team Schnitzel German Chat” something eye-catching. We can all group there and hopefully that will help keep the team active. Let me know if you DON’T want me to organize / author the new thread, otherwise I’ll plan to do it 2nd or 3rd week of Jan.

SIGNING UP OR OUT OF TEAM SCHNITZEL

If anyone who is new gets directed to this team thread and tries to post here, there’s a good chance I may miss it (unless it stays active). I try as best I can to catch everything with a “Schnitzel” attached to it, but this TAC has over 100 members and a -giant- amount of log traffic, so I suggest new members please go directly to my log or you could just keep screaming in your own log, “I do/don’t want to be a Schnitzel!” That would work, too. ;)

I'm open to suggestions to any of my ideas.

girlonthewing and tecktight signed in, but they're pretty busy right now. Their logs aren't very active. I suggest we move Ignis Fatuus and Aelstome (They're German Team 2) to Schnitzel. Is that okay with everybody?

Edit: ups, hold on. According to the sign up thread, the waiting list/Team 2 stays in place until Jan 1. After that we can add Team 2.

Edited by Sunja on 19 December 2012 at 2:31pm

1 person has voted this message useful

Bjorn
Diglot
Norway
Joined 4661 days ago

244 posts - 286 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, English
Studies: German, French

Message 99 of 225
19 December 2012 at 12:21pm | IP Logged 
Do whatever you want, boss :-)

TheGreaterFool
Pro Member
Canada
Joined 4165 days ago

65 posts - 78 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: German, Russian, Modern Hebrew, French
Personal Language Map

Message 100 of 225
19 December 2012 at 2:42pm | IP Logged 
Sunja wrote:
okidoki, that's good enough for me! ^^ I'm willing to yield the
captain's chair at any time to anyone else who comes in and wants to be team leader :)

Until that time, I've come up with a few ideas:

TEAM LIST:

I’ll coordinate with Brun-Ugle to keep language.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=34418&PN=1&TPN=1">the list on page one of the
sign-up thread
as up-to-date as possible. Everybody’s logs will be there too. I
don’t want to keep an updated list here because I’m pretty sure this team thread will
drop like a lead balloon after a few months. Most everyone on Team Schnitzel is on
another team, and we’re all going to be in our logs working, or visiting other peoples’
logs. Updating a double list in this team log will be complicated and time-consuming.
My guess is, this team thread has done its job of introducing everybody and it probably
won’t be very active once half a year rolls by.

ORGANIZING CHAT

Once we get nice and settled in the New Year, I suggest we start a new team thread with
an emphasis on coordinating chat. We could call it “The Chatting Schnitzel” or “Team
Schnitzel German Chat” something eye-catching. We can all group there and hopefully
that will help keep the team active. Let me know if you DON’T want me to organize /
author the new thread, otherwise I’ll plan to do it 2nd or 3rd week of Jan.

If anyone who is new gets directed to this team thread and tries to post here, there’s
a good chance I may miss it (unless it stays active). I try as best I can to catch
everything with a “Schnitzel” attached to it, but this TAC has over 100 members and a -
giant- amount of log traffic, so I suggest new members please go directly to
TID=30366&PN=1&TPN=16">my log or you could just keep screaming in your own log, “I
do/don’t want to be a Schnitzel!” That would work, too. ;)

girlonthewing and tecktight signed in, but they're pretty busy right now. Their logs
aren't very active. I suggest we move Ignis Fatuus and Aelstome (They're German Team 2)
to Schnitzel. Is that okay with everybody?

Edit: ups, hold on. According to the sign up thread, the waiting list/Team 2 stays in
place until Jan 1. After that we can add Team 2.

..."The Chatting Schnitzel"...ROTFLMAO...

Sunja
Diglot
Germany
Joined 5878 days ago

2020 posts - 2295 votes 
1 sounds

Message 101 of 225
19 December 2012 at 3:12pm | IP Logged 
TheGreaterFool wrote:
..."The Chatting Schnitzel"...ROTFLMAO...

*grins* I like it too, but ... do you think it's a little bit too silly? I want people to come chat with us. Maybe we should make it more serious with a title like "The Conversational Breaded Cutlet" ;) I can tell I'm going to have fun with this name the whole year long..

BTW, @stifa, you can take The Real CZ out of your list on this thread. (That way none of us will go to his log expecting to find German). I checked and he signed off the German team.
2 persons have voted this message useful

Maïwenn
Diglot
Groupie
FranceRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4162 days ago

56 posts - 72 votes 
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: German, Mandarin, Breton

Message 102 of 225
19 December 2012 at 4:36pm | IP Logged 
Aye aye Captain Sunja! :) Thanks for taking the lead!

I think The Chatting Schnitzel is the perfect level of silly and I can't wait to chat with you all!

songlines
Pro Member
Canada
flickr.com/photos/cp
Joined 5002 days ago

729 posts - 1056 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: French
Personal Language Map

Message 103 of 225
19 December 2012 at 4:54pm | IP Logged 
Sunja wrote:

ORGANIZING CHAT

Once we get nice and settled in the New Year, I suggest we start a new team thread with an emphasis on
coordinating chat. We could call it “The Chatting Schnitzel” or “Team Schnitzel German Chat” something eye-
catching. We can all group there and hopefully that will help keep the team active. Let me know if you DON’T
want me to organize / author the new thread, otherwise I’ll plan to do it 2nd or 3rd week of Jan.

If anyone who is new gets directed to this team thread and tries to post here, there’s a good chance I may miss it
(unless it stays active). I try as best I can to catch everything with a “Schnitzel” attached to it, but this TAC has
over 100 members and a -giant- amount of log traffic, so I suggest new members please go directly to
my
log
or you could just keep screaming in your own log, “I do/don’t want to be a Schnitzel!” That would
work, too. ;)

girlonthewing and tecktight signed in, but they're pretty busy right now. Their logs aren't very active. I suggest
we move Ignis Fatuus and Aelstome (They're German Team 2) to Schnitzel. Is that okay with everybody?

Thanks for taking on the captainship, Sunja.

"Chatting Schnitzel" sounds delightfully amusing, though I won't be able to chat till later in the year when my
German's at a decent level. Right now, a conversation composed of (for my part) only greetings and random
prepositions wouldn't be very fruitful.

Sunja, one suggestion/question about keeping tabs on this thread for later signups/signouts: If you just "follow"
the thread, won't the system e-mail you if there are any new posts?

You could also - if you prefer - just keep this thread, but re-name it to indicate its additional use as an
avenue for organizing chat.   (I expect you know this, but if the first post is edited, it allows the thread title to be
edited too.)

Sunja
Diglot
Germany
Joined 5878 days ago

2020 posts - 2295 votes 
1 sounds

Message 104 of 225
19 December 2012 at 5:22pm | IP Logged 
songlines wrote:
Sunja, one suggestion/question about keeping tabs on this thread for later signups/signouts: If you just "follow"
the thread, won't the system e-mail you if there are any new posts?

you're right, of course. I'm just wondering if new members would even find this thread if it drops. If we change the name though, like you suggest, then we'd have a better chance of keeping it alive. Meaning: changing the name and using the thread for an active chat group.   

songlines wrote:
You could also - if you prefer - just keep this thread, but re-name it to indicate its additional use as an
avenue for organizing chat.   (I expect you know this, but if the first post is edited, it allows the thread title to be
edited too.)

This is stifa's thread so he'd be the one changing the title. It's up to him if he wants to keep it going, or I can start a new one :)

Edited by Sunja on 19 December 2012 at 5:23pm

This discussion contains 225 messages over 29 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version