Norway
lang-8.com/448715
Joined 4667 days ago

629 posts - 813 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, EnglishC2, German
Studies: Japanese, Spanish

Message 153 of 225
17 January 2013 at 4:04pm | IP Logged 
@WingSuet, as stated in the opening post, signing up is done in the sign-up thread.
1 person has voted this message useful

Sunja
Diglot
Germany
Joined 5879 days ago

2020 posts - 2295 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: English*, German
Studies: French, Mandarin

Message 154 of 225
17 January 2013 at 4:07pm | IP Logged 
WingSuet wrote:
Hello everyone! I know it's late, and it says in the sign-up thread that this group is
closed, but I thought I'd ask anyway if it's okay for me to register. I'm studying German
full-time at university, so I will definitely keep up with my German studies. I'll also
try my best to keep posting, last year I didn't post regularly but at least I kept going
through the whole year. The problem is that I lost motivation as I didn't hear much from
my team mates. I was hoping to find a bigger team this year to join.

sure! This is definitely a big team. There's a lot of members who have busy lives and may post infrequently as you say, but there's quite a few of us that come in almost every day -- even when we should be studying :p

I'll let Brun Ugle know so she can add you to the list.

Sunja
Diglot
Germany
Joined 5879 days ago

2020 posts - 2295 votes 
1 sounds

Message 155 of 225
17 January 2013 at 7:35pm | IP Logged 
@WingSuet, when you have a log give us a link here so we can get it posted in our team list (page one of the Sign-Up Thread). Brun has made the suggestion to put the name "Schnitzel" in the title of the log so it's easy to spot -- but maybe you already know that. ;)

Achtung, fellow Schnitzel-ers! Brun Ugle has brought up a good question:

Brun Ugle wrote:
OK. I added everybody.

@Sunja
If you want, I can leave Schnitzel open. I could put a message like the Vikings have: "Accepting new members only if they are willing to work hard on their languages and be active team members."

What say everybody? Should we keep "This team is officially closed." or should we follow the Vikings?

renaissancemedi
Bilingual Triglot
Greece
Joined 4152 days ago

941 posts - 1309 votes 
Speaks: Greek*, Ancient Greek*, EnglishC2
Studies: French, Russian, Turkish, Modern Hebrew

Message 156 of 225
18 January 2013 at 9:27am | IP Logged 
Follow the Vikings!

mrwarper
Diglot
Winner TAC 2012
Spain
forum_posts.asp?TID=Registered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5020 days ago

1493 posts - 2500 votes 
Speaks: Spanish*, EnglishC2
Studies: German, Russian, Japanese

Message 157 of 225
19 January 2013 at 10:04pm | IP Logged 
Sorry I had to 'drop out' to real life for a while, now I'm trying to get back on track again.

If I took the TAC as seriously* as the people posting in the voting thread, I'd say no because it's one more log to keep track of, we'd have to assess how it affects as in comparison with other teams and whatnot. Fortunately, I think most of us Schnitzlers are in a team just for the fun, so I'm all up for taking new people in.

*Seriously in the sense of being so concerned about establishing rules, etc., not in the sense of not taking my learning seriously. That, I'm serious about. Really...

Sunja
Diglot
Germany
Joined 5879 days ago

2020 posts - 2295 votes 
1 sounds

Message 158 of 225
19 January 2013 at 10:17pm | IP Logged 
Interesting Auseinandersetzung in the Voting thread there, isn't it? I don't really feel a part of all that discussion. I dropped out during the summer. I agree we should keep it as loose/locker as possible, in order to encourage and not discourage.

stifa
Triglot
Norway
lang-8.com/448715
Joined 4667 days ago

629 posts - 813 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, EnglishC2, German
Studies: Japanese, Spanish

Message 159 of 225
20 January 2013 at 10:14am | IP Logged 
Jetzt ist das OP vollständig aktualisiert, glaube ich. :)

And I thought TAC was all about the encouragement anyway. To be frank, I have pretty
much no idea how you can "win" this challenge. :p

Edited by stifa on 20 January 2013 at 10:16am

2 persons have voted this message useful

BAnna
Triglot
United States
Joined 4416 days ago

409 posts - 616 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Spanish
Studies: Russian, Turkish

Message 160 of 225
20 January 2013 at 11:06am | IP Logged 
Another vote here for follow the Vikings. Speaking of the Vikings, I went to their log and saw that they (and Team Mir) have webpages where they actually have "challenges", like write 5 sentences without using a dictionary and things like that.    I'm not saying we need anything fancy like a webpage, but if people have ideas for things we might do, that could be a fun optional activity. We could also just steal (oops, I mean borrow) their ideas and do them in our target language. Mir's is pretty funny: you start out as a serf and work your way up to Tsar/ina by doing their challenges. The Vikings have some like pick a different Scandinavian language than the one you are studying and see what you can understand.   That might be interesting for us to do for Plattdeutsch, Niederländisch, Schweizerdeutsch, usw.

For anyone who'd like to try it, here's a mini quiz on the accusative (I'll post the answers in a day or so).   Source is a Duden calendar. I think this would be about the right level for A2's or maybe even lower with help from a dictionary:

Q. Are the underlined parts of the sentence accusative objects OR accusative adverbs?

1. Max war einen ganzen Monat in den Bergen unterwegs.
2. Einen Augenblick lang stockte den Zuhören der Atem bei seinem Bericht.
3. Gespannt verfolgten sie den Pfad seines ersten Aufstiegs.
4. Jeden Tag suchte Max eine neue Herausforderung.
5. Er hat den ganzen Weg Tagebuch geführt.
6. Sein Fazit: Man soll den Morgen nicht vor dem Abend loben.

Edited by BAnna on 20 January 2013 at 11:07am

2 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 225 messages over 29 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version