65 posts - 78 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: German, Russian, Modern Hebrew, French
Personal Language Map

Message 105 of 225
19 December 2012 at 5:49pm | IP Logged 
Sunja wrote:
TheGreaterFool wrote:
..."The Chatting Schnitzel"...ROTFLMAO...

*grins* I like it too, but ... do you think it's a little bit too silly? I want people
to come chat with us. Maybe we should make it more serious with a title like "The
Conversational Breaded Cutlet" ;) I can tell I'm going to have fun with this name the
whole year long..

BTW, @stifa, you can take The Real CZ out of your list on this thread. (That way none
of us will go to his log expecting to find German). I checked and he signed off the
German team.

i think in part some of the silliness will help motivate to actively participate...that
is the hope anyways...

i am having a ball telling my friends that i am on a language learning team called Team
Schnitzel...the feedback has been "wow, that is so cool"..."what a great team
name"..."if they made language learning this much fun in school, i would have stuck
with it"...

yes, i think they are jealous...

i am definitely glad to be on such a fun team...this is going to be an AWESOME year

cheers
niels
1 person has voted this message useful

Brun Ugle
Diglot
Norway
brunugle.wordpress.c
Joined 6414 days ago

1292 posts - 1766 votes 
Speaks: English*, NorwegianC1
Studies: Japanese, Esperanto, Spanish, Finnish

Message 106 of 225
19 December 2012 at 5:49pm | IP Logged 
Sunja wrote:
TheGreaterFool wrote:
..."The Chatting Schnitzel"...ROTFLMAO...

*grins* I like it too, but ... do you think it's a little bit too silly? I want people to come chat with us. Maybe we should make it more serious with a title like "The Conversational Breaded Cutlet" ;) I can tell I'm going to have fun with this name the whole year long..

BTW, @stifa, you can take The Real CZ out of your list on this thread. (That way none of us will go to his log expecting to find German). I checked and he signed off the German team.

I can see Team Schnitzel is going to be keeping us all in stitches all year long.

stifa
Triglot
Norway
lang-8.com/448715
Joined 4667 days ago

629 posts - 813 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, EnglishC2, German
Studies: Japanese, Spanish

Message 107 of 225
19 December 2012 at 6:02pm | IP Logged 
If this thread escalates into a chat thread in January, I see no reason to delete it,
unless you want control of the thread of course. This thread is a decent team thread in
my opinion as it has almost all of its useful links and stuff like that on the first
page, and it is already used as a chat thtead, kinda.

Sunja
Diglot
Germany
Joined 5879 days ago

2020 posts - 2295 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: English*, German
Studies: French, Mandarin

Message 108 of 225
19 December 2012 at 6:59pm | IP Logged 
whoa, you're right I forgot about the links!

Then we'll try to keep this thread active. I'm really excited to see what happens when things pick up after Jan 1. Brun Ugle expects things to be quiet until then....relatively quiet anyway ;)

Let's all try to get out of here and enjoy the weekend.

Frohe Feiertage wünsche ich euch!

mrwarper
Diglot
Winner TAC 2012
Spain
forum_posts.asp?TID=Registered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5020 days ago

1493 posts - 2500 votes 
Speaks: Spanish*, EnglishC2
Studies: German, Russian, Japanese

Message 109 of 225
19 December 2012 at 7:49pm | IP Logged 
Hi guys.

This is a triple, cross-team post. I've finally sat to write a bit about me and about my languages at my TAC'13 log so you all can get to know (all who don't, that is) a bit more about me, and thus have an idea of what to expect -- maybe even drop by and comment.

Over the next couple of days I'll try to hunt down all your individual logs or posts about yourselves so we're even ;)

May I recommend that those of you who have written self-introductions in the middle of team threads paste them at the beginning of their individual logs so they're easier to locate, especially for those who, like me, belong to more than one team.

Edited by mrwarper on 19 December 2012 at 7:51pm

songlines
Pro Member
Canada
flickr.com/photos/cp
Joined 5003 days ago

729 posts - 1056 votes 
Studies: French
Personal Language Map

Message 110 of 225
20 December 2012 at 6:34pm | IP Logged 
One possible link for the first page (perhaps under "Misc."?), and information for everyone here on Team
Schnitzel.   

(Cross-posting to my other team thread: Team Pax)

------

A heads up in case anyone's missed it on the General Discussion thread: Wonderful news for all language learners
who like to, or would like to do extensive reading to improve their language skills (or, just for the fun
of it!):

The Tadoku Contest is returning! http://readmod.wordpress.com/
- And in an improved form, too.

For those who don't know it, this is a (friendly) reading competition for language learners.   Anyone can take part,
and a significant number of Htlal-ers do.   (Amazing, how leaderboards can motivate people!)

The Tadoku was scheduled four times a year.

Updated to add schedule (taken from the organizer's notes in the Readmod comments section):
Quote:
Optimal
schedule would be January – May – September full rounds; March, July, November half rounds. But I really want a
a full round in the middle of the summer so I might change that.... Full round = month; half round = two weeks.
January is a full round.

For more details as they become available, check the the most recent posts on the Readmod page above (some of
the info in the sidebar, e.g. the "how to" stuff, will likely be outdated due to the technical improvements), or
follow the Readmod Twitter feed @TadokuBot.

Edited by songlines on 30 December 2012 at 8:09pm

danyal
Groupie
United States
Joined 5035 days ago

43 posts - 50 votes
Studies: German, Italian

Message 111 of 225
20 December 2012 at 6:47pm | IP Logged 
Hi everybody

here is my TAC 2013 log

TAC 2013 Log

stifa
Triglot
Norway
lang-8.com/448715
Joined 4667 days ago

629 posts - 813 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, EnglishC2, German
Studies: Japanese, Spanish

Message 112 of 225
20 December 2012 at 7:11pm | IP Logged 
@songlines @danyal

Done, and done.

EDIT: Not related, but I find it kind of hilarious that I get ads about Norwegian
classes on this forum. (Are they trying to tell me something??) :p

Edited by stifa on 20 December 2012 at 7:12pm

This discussion contains 225 messages over 29 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version