Diglot
Australia
Joined 5376 days ago

766 posts - 1020 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish
Studies: Dutch, Polish

Message 89 of 126
25 July 2010 at 3:06pm | IP Logged 
Mañana es mi la próxima día de la universidad nueva. Empiezo a las nueve en la mañana, muy temprano para me.
Está diez y media ahora, pero no yo cansado. Estoy escuchando a 'Podcasts in Español' y escribiendo los tiempos de
las clases en mi diario de la universidad.

Eso es todo para ahora, es para me difícil a escribir en español.

Need to get into the habit of writing in Spanish more, I found that quite difficult. Yet very happy to atleast be able
write something up which makes a little sense. Probably not the best way to phrase things, but hopefully if I was in
some kind of swirling Gaudían labyrinthe on a moonless night and for some reason or another my getting out
depended on me explaining that I had uni tomorrow and that I start at 9; I'd see another day.
1 person has voted this message useful

Vos
Diglot
Australia
Joined 5376 days ago

766 posts - 1020 votes 

Message 90 of 126
27 July 2010 at 2:13pm | IP Logged 
Het heeft een lange tijd geweest sinds ik in het Nederlands geschreven heb. Unief gaat goed, hoewel ik heb er
alleen twee dagen geweest, maar alle de vaken klinkt erg interessant en ik ben zeker die ik ze spannend zal vinden.
Ook op het ogenblik lees ik een boek die noemt 'The Old Patagonia Express' van Paul Theroux. Hij is een zeer
goede schrijver, heel visueel en beschrijvelijk, en ook tamelijk grappig in een heel ruwe weg. Ik vind hem
fantastisch. Bovendien, nu dat ik op unief ben, heb ik meer mensen wie het Duits spreekt ontmoeten. Het is een
teken! Dus heb ik besloten die ik zal echt zeker het Duits leren. Warum nicht?... Het is geen wedren, ik kan maar
mijn tijd nemen, en belangrijkste, ik kan het alleen even genieten.

Mijn belang in talen groeit altijd. Wordt groter en brede. Nu en eeuwig.

Vos
Diglot
Australia
Joined 5376 days ago

766 posts - 1020 votes 

Message 91 of 126
31 July 2010 at 4:11am | IP Logged 
Goede morgen iedereen. Ik voel tamelijk triste vandaag, vanwege mijn huidige verhouding met het Nederlands is
niet zo goed. Toen ik begon heb, dacht ik dat als ik goed Nederlands leer, zouden mijn moeder en ik in het
Nederlands kunnen spreken, maar die is niet het geval. Ook, omdat ik in Australië ben, het is moelijk om mijn
motivatie hoog te houden, vooral die ik nu op Unief ben. En bovendien heb ik nu een belang in het Duits, maar
elke keer die ik een beetje Duits studeren doe, voel ik alsof ik van mijn familie en taal weglopen ben, is die niet
gek? Ik denk de reden waarom ik die voel is, is dat als ik geen meer Nederlands studeer, dan is het haast zoals
een belediging, of misschien beter gezegd een weerspiegeling van mij en mijn gezin. Maar ik denk en voel dit,
ondanks de feit die m'n familie zorgen niet of ik het Nederlands studeer of niet. Wat zou ik moeten doen? Hier in
Australië, ik voel dat ik beter op het Spaans en het Duits concentreren kan, want ik ken meer mensen wie uit
Spaanssprechende landen komt, en ik ken ook meer Duitse mensen. Bovendien beide die talen zijn meer
behulpzaam voor universiteit en ook voor onderzoek en wetenschap enz. Maar mijn leren van het Nederlands was
nooit over zulke dingen, het was alleen ooit over mij leren kennen meer over Nederland en mijn famile, zodat ik
kon dichter bij biede die dingen worden. Ik ben zo serieus vanochtend! Wat heeft gebeurt aan mij vanmorgen?

Ik moet boodschappen doen, misschien kan ik alle dit binnen mijn hoofd uitwerken.

Vos
Diglot
Australia
Joined 5376 days ago

766 posts - 1020 votes 

Message 92 of 126
31 July 2010 at 12:08pm | IP Logged 
Al fin de año, entre semestres de la universidad, tengo aproximadamente dos a cuatro meses libre, y estoy
pensando que voy a ir viajando. Pero, ¿dónde? Esa es la pregunta (una pregunta maravillosa!). ¿En algún lado en
Europa? ¿O Sudamérica? No sé nada más. ¿Alguien tiene cualquier sugerencias? Estoy pensando quizás
Argentina, o quizás en algún lado otro donde puedo practicar mi idiomas.

At the end of the year, between university semesters, I'm going to have approximately 2 to 4 months free, and I'm
thinking that I'm going to go travelling. But where? That is the question (a wonderful question!). Somewhere in
Europe? or South America? I just don't know. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm thinking perhaps Argentina,
or maybe somewhere else where I can practice my languages.

Either way it's exciting just thinking about travelling again, and I'm sure I'll find somewhere irresistibly alluring to
venture to this summer. I think I'm definitely in need of a break, I've been working too much over the past 1 and
a half years, worrying about and trying to plan the future, instead of enjoying the present. And no doubt
travelling will help me bring back and reconnect with that feeling and perspective of 'now'.

ReneeMona
Diglot
Netherlands
Joined 5145 days ago

864 posts - 1274 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, EnglishC2
Studies: French

Message 93 of 126
31 July 2010 at 1:06pm | IP Logged 
Hey Vos, how exciting that you'll have that much time to travel! I think South America sounds like a good idea to practice your Spanish. (Not to mention a great place to visit!) And if you go somewhere north like Venezuela it's only a short trip to Suriname to practice your Dutch. ;-P Have you encountered/looked into the Surinamese accent in your studies?

Or you could come to Europe of course. Have you ever been there before? I guess the logical places in Europe for you to go would be Spain, the Netherlands and Belgium. You could try visiting multiple places (depending on how much travelling you can afford, I guess) or you could choose one place that you think will benefit your studies more. Is there one language out of the two you’re studying that you’re more comfortable in and feel you’re at a level good enough to interact with native speakers?

Vos
Diglot
Australia
Joined 5376 days ago

766 posts - 1020 votes 

Message 94 of 126
01 August 2010 at 7:43am | IP Logged 
ReneeMona wrote:
Hey Vos, how exciting that you'll have that much time to travel! I think South America
sounds like a good idea to practice your Spanish. (Not to mention a great place to visit!) And if you go somewhere
north like Venezuela it's only a short trip to Suriname to practice your Dutch. ;-P Have you encountered/looked
into the Surinamese accent in your studies?

Or you could come to Europe of course. Have you ever been there before? I guess the logical places in Europe for
you to go would be Spain, the Netherlands and Belgium. You could try visiting multiple places (depending on
how much travelling you can afford, I guess) or you could choose one place that you think will benefit your
studies more. Is there one language out of the two you’re studying that you’re more comfortable in and feel
you’re at a level good enough to interact with native speakers?

Hey Renee, I'm most definitely looking forward to it! Somewhere in South America would ceratainly be a good
choice, but I've been there a few years ago and kind of got the idea into my head that the next time I go back, it
would be for a year or so. But perhaps I should ignore that inhibiting little agreement I made with myself and just
go back this summer, and again for a year at a later date? Why not. And no I have never heard the Suranaamse
accent. I'd imagine it's quite unique, and possibly rather difficult to understand also, no? Simply due to the fact
that Spanish and Native languages are also spoken there, so I'm guessing that they would have shaped the way
that Dutch is spoken in Suriname quite considerably. Or am I completely off on this one?

At this stage which language am I more comfortable in, definitely Nederlands. I've been pondering about perhaps
coming over this year, but I'd really like to spend say three months or so riding all over Nederland by bike, and
I'm thinking that during December, January and February may not be the best time to do that, considering all the
wind, rain, snow and ice. But it would still be fantastic to be there simply because of those reasons (atleast the
snow and ice anyway). I went to Europe when I was around 10, only for a month to see family and do a bit of
travelling, but I still remember how much I loved it and how I didn't want to come home. And I was there briefly
in 2008 (Italy, Madrid and Nederland). So really want to come back over at some point for a decent amount of
time, but I think after I finish my degree I'm going to be moving to Europe for a couple of years anyway. So I
know I'll get over there and be able to explore eventually. How was your trip to France by the way? What did you
get up to?

Vos
Diglot
Australia
Joined 5376 days ago

766 posts - 1020 votes 

Message 95 of 126
02 August 2010 at 2:34pm | IP Logged 
Had to post these here so as not to forget. Warsaw Village Band. Awesome. A reason right there to learn the great
Polish language. Wonderful to hear the traditional music of a land vital and strong.

Żurawie

Śtyry konie

Cóżeś ty kasiu robiła

ReneeMona
Diglot
Netherlands
Joined 5145 days ago

864 posts - 1274 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, EnglishC2
Studies: French

Message 96 of 126
02 August 2010 at 3:33pm | IP Logged 
Vos wrote:
And no I have never heard the Suranaamse
accent. I'd imagine it's quite unique, and possibly rather difficult to understand also, no? Simply due to the fact
that Spanish and Native languages are also spoken there, so I'm guessing that they would have shaped the way
that Dutch is spoken in Suriname quite considerably. Or am I completely off on this one?

Surinaams Nederlands has some of its own vocabulary and expressions and it has a different pronunciation but it’s perfectly understandable. Some of the vowels are different and they have a stronger r but I’ve never had any problems communicating with Surinamers.
This is a part of the show "Rayman is laat" where the host dresses in traditional Surinaams (woman’s) clothing and pretends to be a woman called Tante Es. She/He is interviewing Dutch-Morrocan comedian Najib Amhali. Tante Es speaks with quite a strong accent. Most Surinamers I know speak with a weaker but still distinctive version.

Vos wrote:
At this stage which language am I more comfortable in, definitely Nederlands. I've been pondering about perhaps
coming over this year, but I'd really like to spend say three months or so riding all over Nederland by bike, and
I'm thinking that during December, January and February may not be the best time to do that, considering all the
wind, rain, snow and ice.?

You’re right, that’s not the best time to go out period, let alone on a bike. ;-) I try to ride my bike to school every day but during those months I usually can’t resist the free public transport.

Vos wrote:
How was your trip to France by the way? What did you
get up to?

I stayed at a campsite in a small village near Orléans but I was there for only five days so I didn’t do much. I visited Orléans, which is a beautiful city, ate a lot of pizza and walked along the Loire. I had to travel back to my hometown by train alone and since for some weird reason there is no direct connection through Paris, I had to take the underground through the city. I was terrified I would get stranded somewhere surrounded by unhelpful arrogant Parisians all refusing to speak English with me despite my panic suddenly rendering me incapable of understanding the simplest French. That didn’t happen though. ;-)

This discussion contains 126 messages over 16 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version