Diglot
Australia
Joined 5364 days ago

766 posts - 1020 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish
Studies: Dutch, Polish

Message 113 of 126
14 October 2010 at 9:38am | IP Logged 
"Try not to do too much at once, but a little regularly. Half an hour steadily, day by day, is worth infinitely more
than a frenzied burst of an hour or two at irregular intervals. Let a little and often be your motto. - German
Without Toil 1950.

Yes I know, I'm quoting assimil. Something has gone horribly wrong with me! However they are good words which
I have heard over and over again in different fields of life. Be it in language, music, ceramics, chess... Repetition
and routine are the key to gaining a sense of confidence, understanding and feel within a
craft/art/language/instrument and so on. And despite the dull and boring overtones of those two 'R' bearing
words, they really do have the potential to hold forever rewarding and life enrichening gifts within them, if only
incorporated into the daily meanderings.

I write this as a reminder to myself, as I tend to be of the frenzied explosive burst types who will do 3 or 4 hours
in one sitting, and then hardly do anything for the next 2 or 3 days. And this needs to stop. For time is finite and
one of the most precious things that we have, therefore an understanding of how best to use and appreciate it is
essential. And I think I've finally had that mental click where you at last believe and feel something to be true,
and thus from that point on, start to incorporate that new understanding into your life. That understanding once
again being, a little and often.

So rejoice in this piece of common sense, for he who uses his time wisely, will undoubtedly become wiser with
time.
1 person has voted this message useful

Vos
Diglot
Australia
Joined 5364 days ago

766 posts - 1020 votes 

Message 114 of 126
20 October 2010 at 9:56am | IP Logged 
Mi pedazo de escritura para hoy. He estado leyendo un libro español llama 'Historias de la Artámila'. Es una
colección de cuentos sobre todos tipos de cosas. Y a lo mejor son para chicos se tiene diez a doce años. Son
cuentos muy buenos y la colección hacía (was made?) específicamente para gente que quieren mejorar sus
vocabularios, y esto es por qué todos los cuentos son sobre temas diferentes.

Todo para ahora. Hasta luego

Vos
Diglot
Australia
Joined 5364 days ago

766 posts - 1020 votes 

Message 115 of 126
06 November 2010 at 7:48am | IP Logged 
It's November already! Where did the year go? Very relaxed and peaceful today, saw some great bands last night and
happened to stumble upon a bunch of quality grammar and frequency dictionaries in a bunch of different
languages earlier this morning, so very much looking forward to getting into them at the end of the month.

Language wise my Spanish listening comprehension is slowly getting better, noticing that I'm picking up more and
more words and even a few sentences while watching el internado. Doing the usual few pages of reading everyday
and listening to SBS radio, also finished Colloquial Spanish 1, so will be moving on to Colloquial Spanish 2 at the
end of the month once I'm abound with multitudes of free time again. ¡No puedo esperar! (is there a more common
way of expressing this?).

Feeling my love for the foreign word very much today.. how it inspires.

Vos
Diglot
Australia
Joined 5364 days ago

766 posts - 1020 votes 

Message 116 of 126
09 November 2010 at 6:18am | IP Logged 
Acabo de terminar mi primer y el más difícil examen, ¡que dulce está! Estudiaba tan mucho estas semanas pasadas
y con agradecimiento hice bastante bueno. Ahora, solamente dos exámenes más. Se suena bien.

Ayer encontré un poco libros de gramática español que tienen muchos ejercicios que voy a hacer cuando termino
mi último examen. ¿Es equivocado ser entusiasmado? jaja probablemente.. pero no obstante, estoy deseando a
hacerlos.

Ahora voy a descansar un poco, mi cerebro está frito después de ese examen. Tiempo para Arrested Development
yo creo.

Vos
Diglot
Australia
Joined 5364 days ago

766 posts - 1020 votes 

Message 117 of 126
16 November 2010 at 8:24am | IP Logged 
Hoy tuve mi segundo examen, solamente uno más la semana próxima. Me son haciendo muy cansado y inquieto.
Anoche dormía muy malo, me desperté muy temprano y no podía volverme a dormir. Sin embargo, podía hacer
bastante bien en el examen, aunque me casi acabé el tiempo (Although I nearly ran out of time?). Sólo quedé treinta
segundos antes de tuve que terminar y dejar mi lápiz (I only had 30 seconds left before I had to finish and put down
my pen?). Pero estoy contento, definitivamente he aprobado los últimos dos examenes. ¡Qué alivio!

Vos
Diglot
Australia
Joined 5364 days ago

766 posts - 1020 votes 

Message 118 of 126
18 November 2010 at 12:23pm | IP Logged 
Hoy escuchaba muchos podcasts y audio de español, y además escribí muchas oraciónes en anki. Fue un buen día
para mi español. También solamente una semana más hasta me mudo atrás a Sydney por el verano. Está sólo para
dos meses, así que puedo ahorrar algún dinero y ¡ver mis viejos amigos! Sin embargo en febrero tengo una clase de
botánico de campo que estará en la campiña de Victoria. Suena linda. Y luego cuando todos los demás comienzan
de nuevo en marzo, ya habré hecho una asignotura y podré poner más energía en mis estudias de español. ¡Bueno!
Estoy pensando también de hacer español como una asignotura a universidad, porque tengo un hueco en mi
horario con que puedo llenar con cualquier asignotura. Parece una idea bien, me dará un azar a practicar mi
hablando.

Lo siento por el español malo, pero si ve usted cualquier equivocaciónes, corrijame por favor. Estará agradecido
muchísimo.

Edited by Vos on 20 November 2010 at 9:31am

Vos
Diglot
Australia
Joined 5364 days ago

766 posts - 1020 votes 

Message 119 of 126
21 November 2010 at 11:16am | IP Logged 
Hoy fui a la biblioteca donde hice un poco de estudio para mi último examen, y donde yo casi me dormí sobre la
mesa. Era material bastante seco y aburrido. Además había un festival de Polonia en Federation Square hoy al
que fui y eché un vistazo alrededor. Era bastante bueno con un ambiente alegre, y todo el aire fue llenado con el
sonido de polaco. Y también al festival encontré un lugar en Melbourne donde ¡dan clases de polaco! Que es
estupendo, porque con un idioma como el polaco, querría algún lugar donde podría ir cada semana y practicar el
idioma, especialmente hablando. El curso es bastante barato también, que siempre está bien. En fin, un buen
día.

Today I went to the library where I did a bit of study for my last exam, and where I nearly fell asleep at the table.
It was quite dry and borring material. Also there was a Polish festival in Federation Square today which I went to
and had a look around. It was quite nice with a live atmosphere, and all the air was filled with the sound of
Polish. And at the festival I also found a place in Melbourne where the teach Polish! Which is great, as with a
language like Polish, I would want somewhere where I could go every week and practice the language, especially
speaking. The course It's quite cheap also, which is always a good thing. All in all, a great day.

Edited by Vos on 10 December 2010 at 3:09am

sgoma
Spain
Joined 4897 days ago

4 posts - 7 votes
Speaks: English
Studies: Dutch

Message 120 of 126
09 December 2010 at 8:13pm | IP Logged 
"hice un poco de estudio" -> "he estudiado" o "estudié"

"donde yo casi me sentí a la mesa" -> ¿qué quieres decir? "where I nearly fell asleep at the table" = "donde casi me quedo dormido sobre la mesa"

"a que fui" -> "al que fui"

"Era bastante bueno" -> "estaba bastante bien"

"con un idioma como polaco" -> "con un idioma como el polaco"

"lo que es siempre bien" -> "que siempre está bien"

"Todo en todo" -> No utilizamos esa expresión. "En fin", "En conclusión"

"un día muy bueno" -> Suena mejor "un buen día"

2 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 126 messages over 16 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version