Germany
Joined 5890 days ago

2020 posts - 2295 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: English*, German
Studies: French, Mandarin

Message 73 of 292
18 May 2012 at 11:49pm | IP Logged 
I think we're close to the half-way mark in the 6wc and I've studied 23 hours and I have 176 to go, roughly. I made it my goal to reach 200 hours. I don't think I'll make it but it will be interesting to see when I reach 200 hours. If I play my French cards right I should boost myself up a notch higher in the realm of intermediate.

I got some great stuff for Anki from my Turkish film. I like the actress' voice who plays Reese Witherspoon. I plan to load as much from the films as I can and just review it for fun.

Muhteşem!
Amazing!

çabuk televizyonu aç!
Turn on the TV!

Tatlım, alarmı kapatır mısın?
Honey, can you hit the snooze?

Gördüğün gibi beyni de yok.
As you can see he has no brain.

Aman beyni ne yapacağim? Bence abartılıyor!
'Turns out you don't need one. Totally overrated!

vay canına şuna bak.
Hey, look at you!

Sırtım! --şaka yaptım! Benim sırtım yok.
My back! -- just kidding! I don't have a back.

Harika değil mı?
Isn't that great?

Yok artık.
No way.

That's just a few. The rest are in Anki. I might be mispronouncing those (ı/i) but I'm a bit tired. I've done a lot of rewinding and pausing the past two hours..

1 person has voted this message useful

Woodsei
Bilingual Diglot
Winner TAC 2012
United States
justpaste.it/Woodsei
Joined 4602 days ago

614 posts - 782 votes 
Speaks: English*, Arabic (Egyptian)*
Studies: Russian, Japanese, Hungarian

Message 74 of 292
19 May 2012 at 5:01pm | IP Logged 
Yeah, I do that too :) But for Japanese. I'd loop and reloop whatever I'm watching and
review the audio and sentences in Anki, which seems to do wonders to my Japanese
listening and comprehension, as well as reading. I think you know about D-addicts, that's
where I get the drama subs from. And I'm just curious, do you use sub2SRS for your
Turkish films? I got some pre-made Anki decks for that, but haven't yet made my own
through that program. But I will now, since it really helps my Japanese by leaps and
bounds. I also really love the spoken language, it's just so beautiful.

Love your log! I had fun reading about tous/tout/toute :) I love French, even with its
sticky points :) Looking forward to your posts!

Sunja
Diglot
Germany
Joined 5890 days ago

2020 posts - 2295 votes 
1 sounds

Message 75 of 292
19 May 2012 at 5:33pm | IP Logged 
Woodsei wrote:
And I'm just curious, do you use sub2SRS for your Turkish films?

sub2? Does that have to do with the subtitles? I'm not too technically inclined when it comes to Anki. The hard part is toggling back and forth between Turkish and English to get all the accents. That takes a long time. I never can remember where ç ş ğ   are and I have to punch around a bit before I finally hit the right key.

Thanks so much for reading my log I feel like it's such a mess sometimes it would never surprise me if no one read it -- so I'm genuinely happy when someone does :)))

g-bod
Diglot
United KingdomRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5787 days ago

1485 posts - 2002 votes 
Speaks: English*, Japanese
Studies: French, German

Message 76 of 292
19 May 2012 at 7:37pm | IP Logged 
Ah Sunja, I always follow your log too! The only reason I don't comment so much is because I don't feel particularly qualified to talk about studying Turkish or French (although I'm hording some tips from you for when the time comes for me to tackle French properly again!)

Sunja
Diglot
Germany
Joined 5890 days ago

2020 posts - 2295 votes 
1 sounds

Message 77 of 292
19 May 2012 at 8:12pm | IP Logged 
French is great fun. I really want to achieve something higher than just basic. Reading about Brun Ugle watching Tonari no Totoro really makes me want to watch all of my Miyasaki films again, but I keep thinking if I just work a little bit harder, a little bit longer to get to that cosy spot in French I can devote myself again to Japanese. I'm looking forward to it!

g-bod
Diglot
United KingdomRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5787 days ago

1485 posts - 2002 votes 
Speaks: English*, Japanese
Studies: French, German

Message 78 of 292
19 May 2012 at 8:27pm | IP Logged 
Haha yes, I'm still trying to reach a cosy spot in Japanese so that I can pick up French again! I wonder how the French dubs are for Miyazaki anime...

Sunja
Diglot
Germany
Joined 5890 days ago

2020 posts - 2295 votes 
1 sounds

Message 79 of 292
19 May 2012 at 9:01pm | IP Logged 
I only have German, Japanese or English for my Miyasaki films. Robert Stadlober who does the sychronized voice for the German Howl in "Howl's Moving Castle" is gorgeous, but I don't care for Christian Bale's voice (English) at all - he's a good Batman, but not a good Howl.

All this talk about Miyasaki (Brun Ugle just watched Kiki's Delivery Service) makes me want to watch "Spirited Away". Just like the Cheshire Cat helped to inspire the cat bus in "Totoro", The Yubaba character looks like another one of those figures out of Alice in Wonderland -- either Mad Hatter or the Queen of Hearts -- but her head reminds me of those 100-year-old book illustrations (creepy!) The voice acting is so good in that film that it's so hard for me to watch it in any other language other than Japanese. It's a brilliant film.

Sunja
Diglot
Germany
Joined 5890 days ago

2020 posts - 2295 votes 
1 sounds

Message 80 of 292
20 May 2012 at 4:42pm | IP Logged 
I like Zaz and I'm writing out all her songs today -- just an excercise. I've done about three of them so far. I'm watching all the L'express videos. oh and C'est pour ZEIT-Online

This discussion contains 292 messages over 37 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version