Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

TAC 2009 - New Adventures (closed)

Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post Reply
200 messages over 25 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 ... 24 25 Next >>
ExtraLean
Triglot
France
languagelearners.myf
Joined 5788 days ago

897 posts - 880 votes 
Speaks: English*, French, Spanish
Studies: German

Message 73 of 200
26 May 2009 at 2:42pm | IP Logged 
Today:

Went into town, picked up the answer key to one of my workbooks from the post office, which I had to order over the net. Also rummaged through the second hand bookshop in town and found "living German" which is just a little book with readings, grammar and vocab. Which is what I like, and it was only 10 bucks after I haggled it down a bit. Did the first section of that once I got home. I also did half a German assimil lesson.

I think that's it.

Thom.
1 person has voted this message useful

Crush
Tetraglot
ChinaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5659 days ago

1622 posts - 2299 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Mandarin, Esperanto
Studies: Basque

Message 74 of 200
27 May 2009 at 11:25pm | IP Logged 
Half an Assimil lesson?
2 persons have voted this message useful

ExtraLean
Triglot
France
languagelearners.myf
Joined 5788 days ago

897 posts - 880 votes 

Message 75 of 200
28 May 2009 at 3:40am | IP Logged 
Crush wrote:
Half an Assimil lesson?

Half a post?

Yeh, half an assimil lesson consists of opening the book, finding the lesson, copying out the sentences cos they were a bit harder than normal, then giving up and watching tv. ;)

Thom.

Spanky
Canada
Joined 5750 days ago

1021 posts - 1714 votes 
Studies: French

Message 76 of 200
28 May 2009 at 8:28am | IP Logged 
ExtraLean wrote:

Yeh, half an assimil lesson ...

Sorry ExtraLean, but I checked with the ref.   Two minutes in the penalty box for slacking.

ExtraLean
Triglot
France
languagelearners.myf
Joined 5788 days ago

897 posts - 880 votes 

Message 77 of 200
28 May 2009 at 1:46pm | IP Logged 
Honestly now, I still haven't finished that assimil lesson, just to spite Spanky. Penalty boxes don't exist on my continent, it's a Canadian thing I suppose. We've got Sin Bins though.

I did sit through two CDs of MT German Basic, as that was lagging behind everything, and I didn't really feel the desire to sit down and do the assimil tpday. I'm sure I'll be punished some how by someone.

I did an online placement exam for my Spanish, and I was placed as a high A2. Which is ok, puts me on track for B1/B2 by the end of the year which I believe was my stated goal. I should probably sit down and get around to the more complex Spanish grammar and learn it, instead of just guessing at what it is.

I joined ##francais on freenode, it is sometimes good, sometimes dead, though we need some actual french speakers as most of us are just learners, dispite the rather high level shared between us. Donc s'il y a des français qui lisent mon journal, dites moi ou passez visiter #learnanylanguage et ##francais sur freenode en IRC.

Thom.

ExtraLean
Triglot
France
languagelearners.myf
Joined 5788 days ago

897 posts - 880 votes 

Message 78 of 200
29 May 2009 at 4:32pm | IP Logged 
I had a decidedly non language learning day today. Had work to do, went out for lunch. I did listen to a bunch of German music, if that counts. It will have to.

Thom.

Edited by ExtraLean on 29 May 2009 at 4:32pm

Crush
Tetraglot
ChinaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5659 days ago

1622 posts - 2299 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Mandarin, Esperanto
Studies: Basque

Message 79 of 200
30 May 2009 at 12:05am | IP Logged 
ExtraLean wrote:
Crush wrote:
Half an Assimil lesson?
Half a post?

Yeh, half an assimil lesson consists of opening the book, finding the lesson, copying out the sentences cos they were a bit harder than normal, then giving up and watching tv. ;)
Haha, I thought that it seemed a bit incomplete after hitting post, but didn't want to embarrass myself editing such a short post.

Also, what test did you take online?

ExtraLean
Triglot
France
languagelearners.myf
Joined 5788 days ago

897 posts - 880 votes 

Message 80 of 200
30 May 2009 at 4:06am | IP Logged 
Crush wrote:
Also, what test did you take online?

This website does multiple choice placement tests for a bunch of languages: http://www.esl.ch/fr/sejour-linguistique/informations/tests- online/index.htm

Thom.

Edited by ExtraLean on 30 May 2009 at 4:07am

This discussion contains 200 messages over 25 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version