Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

TAC 2009 - New Adventures (closed)

Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post Reply
200 messages over 25 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 8 ... 24 25 Next >>
ExtraLean
Triglot
France
languagelearners.myf
Joined 5789 days ago

897 posts - 880 votes 
Speaks: English*, French, Spanish
Studies: German

Message 57 of 200
15 March 2009 at 7:17pm | IP Logged 
Dear all,

Today I pounded out 20 assimil lessons in Spanish. Basically means that I sat down in the sun and worked my way through them over the space of a few hours this morning/afternoon. I am now up to Number 41.

I am enjoying learning it through French because it highlights the differences, and the similarities as well. It's also great to be making some progress again.

Aside from that, not much.

*edit* Oh, I am now about 30 pages into Sangre Y Arena. I'm starting early, because I figure it is going to take me a while to work my way through it.

Thom.

Edited by ExtraLean on 15 March 2009 at 7:58pm

1 person has voted this message useful

ExtraLean
Triglot
France
languagelearners.myf
Joined 5789 days ago

897 posts - 880 votes 

Message 58 of 200
21 March 2009 at 4:02pm | IP Logged 
Afternoon everyone,

Update time:

I have been reasonably busy the last few days: went to Antwerp for work, and thus didn't get a whole lot of language study done. But nevertheless.

French:
Lots of talking, with my boss, with collegues, and what not. I'm happy, because I managed to impress some belge, bilingue Dutch/French that they are, with my French. I'm just that cool.

Spanish: Read a bit more of Sangre y Arena. I think I am about 45 pages into it now. It's a bit of a slog. I had a very odd English/French/Spanish conversation with an old mexican in Antwerp Centraal station about how he was supposed to get from paris to rome via train. I really need to work on my speaking in Spanish. But considering that reading is my goal, I'm not too fussed. *edit* I worked my way through a few Assimil lessons last night, I am now up to lesson 45.*

German: Nothing but music. oh and one or two assimil lessons.

Dutch: Bit of immersion, and a six hour long presentation in it. Picked up a bit, but really, I tried not to.

'avagoodweekend.

Thom.

Edited by ExtraLean on 22 March 2009 at 11:02am

ExtraLean
Triglot
France
languagelearners.myf
Joined 5789 days ago

897 posts - 880 votes 

Message 59 of 200
29 March 2009 at 12:01pm | IP Logged 
Dear all,

This week hasn't been the most successfull language study wise. Went to London for two days for work, was knackered afterwards, and spent yesterday out and about.

The only language stuff that I did was:
Spanish.
I picked up El Pais newspaper at the airport, and read it on the flight. I also read a few pages of Sangre Y Arena.

However, I aim to rectify that with a fair bit of study this afternoon.

Thom.

ExtraLean
Triglot
France
languagelearners.myf
Joined 5789 days ago

897 posts - 880 votes 

Message 60 of 200
17 April 2009 at 10:14pm | IP Logged 
Readers mine,

Language wise: not a whole lot to report despite the large period of time which has passed. Work's taking up more and more of my life, and the weekends I just kind of want to do nothing.

The desire to keep learning is there, just getting back on the wagon is a bit hard. I should probably replace the music on my mp3 player with some lessons for next week. Work my way back into a groove.

It's good to see that I fell to half the way down the third page, it shows that there are alot more people less lazy than I.

Thom.

ExtraLean
Triglot
France
languagelearners.myf
Joined 5789 days ago

897 posts - 880 votes 

Message 61 of 200
22 April 2009 at 12:32pm | IP Logged 
Dear all,

Not too long after my last post I sat down and did a couple of chapters in my little Anaya grammar book. I am now upto Chapter 16 or so, of 34, so almost half way.

I also installed anki and downloaded a couple of decks. I figure I can try to work through that a little bit at a time.

It looks as though I will have to go back to Australia this weekend, to sort out visas and all that jazz. I'm thinking I will Airplane test my french and orstudy for the flight, given that it is about 26hrs long. Given that I will be there for a couple of weeks, p'raps longer, I will pound out some language study. Even if I will be working as well. I'll have nothing else to do.

Thom.

ExtraLean
Triglot
France
languagelearners.myf
Joined 5789 days ago

897 posts - 880 votes 

Message 62 of 200
01 May 2009 at 5:14am | IP Logged 
Hello everyone,

Have landed in Australia, and have been working my little fingers off since I got here. Work wise, not language wise.

I managed to watch three Spanish films on the flight over and have worked my way through another couple of chapters. I've got a few hour long train rides to make in the next few days. So I might MT/Pimsleur it up for a change.

In short I am still alive, still studying. What about you?

Thom.

zenmonkey
Bilingual Tetraglot
Germany
Joined 6347 days ago

803 posts - 1119 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: EnglishC2*, Spanish*, French, German
Studies: Italian, Modern Hebrew

Message 63 of 200
08 May 2009 at 4:33pm | IP Logged 
ExtraLean wrote:
What about you?

Alive, and back in the saddle.
Como va tu alemán? Qué sitios han resultado ser los más útiles?
2 persons have voted this message useful

ExtraLean
Triglot
France
languagelearners.myf
Joined 5789 days ago

897 posts - 880 votes 

Message 64 of 200
10 May 2009 at 10:44am | IP Logged 
Good evening everyone,

So it is about time that I updated again.

TAC is back on track.

FR: Just been reading, trying to get as much done whilst in Australia while here; I pulled around 150 words of vocab out of Candide by Voltaire. Most of which are either probably out dated or of a rediculously high register, some of which I didn't know in English either. So I am pleased with that

The other day some people came around to look at the apartment we are moving out of. One of them was Swiss, so I had a chat to him for a fair little while in French which was nice, keeping me from having a solely English environment here.

EN: Adding to my vocab ;)

DE: I've just finished Assimil Allemand sans Peine Lektion 25, and for once I am enjoying the German. I restarted at 21 because I couldn't remember where I was up to, and I hope to work my way through a few more. I was a bit disappointed to find that the audio for a few lessons was missing. But I'll get by.

ES: Not much, kinda just changed it in for German. Might try to find a nice easy book to read instead of Sangre y Arena, because that's just a bit too much.

Hope that you're all well,

Thom.

This discussion contains 200 messages over 25 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 79 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version