Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

TAC 2009 - New Adventures (closed)

Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post Reply
200 messages over 25 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 20 ... 24 25 Next >>
patuco
Diglot
Gibraltar
Joined 6810 days ago

3795 posts - 4268 votes 
Speaks: Spanish, English*
Personal Language Map

Message 153 of 200
26 August 2009 at 1:13pm | IP Logged 
ExtraLean wrote:
This is the 150th post in this log. I think that should be commemerated. Thanks to those who have followed, and commented. If you've followed and haven't commented, why the devil haven't you?

Pues vale, aquí tienes un comentario: sigue como vas y pronto llegaras a un nivel cojonudo tio.
2 persons have voted this message useful

ExtraLean
Triglot
France
languagelearners.myf
Joined 5789 days ago

897 posts - 880 votes 
Speaks: English*, French, Spanish
Studies: German

Message 154 of 200
03 September 2009 at 10:41am | IP Logged 
No estoy muerto, solo perezoso.

I haven't done a whole lot language wise in the last little while, weddings, social occasions, museums, and drinks with friends getting in the way of the more important things. I've also been stressing about heading to Australia again, I leave Saturday so don't expect to hear from me for a while after that.

Fr: Went to a wedding, spoke with lots of people, general ease with the language means that I'm only writing this so as to add a bit more content to the post.

It: I was happy because the Wedding Ceremony was in both Italian and French (the brides side is Italian) so I got to follow along in Italian as well, and I understood it all. Sunday was a picnic with a bunch of guests as well, a grand number of which were Italian, so I sat back and eavesdropped on what they were discussing. Ninja language skills have their funside on occasion no?

Es: I managed to type out a crappy little Lang8 post today, to counter Tricoteuses Russian masterpiece.

Aside from that, I've got a 30odd hour trip to Australia, I'll finish the French book I'm reading somewhere over Russia (give or take a couple of hundred kilometers), and start another one on my stop over in Peking, or Beijing, whatever floats your boat. I find it odd that French and English have kept/changed the name but oh well.

*edit* oh y gracias Patuco, un día hablamos en español sur una playa de Gibraltar. :)**double edit** or you know, the massive cliff thing that's there, while throwing rocks at the monkeys.

Thom.

Edited by ExtraLean on 03 September 2009 at 10:43am

1 person has voted this message useful

DaraghM
Diglot
Ireland
Joined 5946 days ago

1947 posts - 2923 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish
Studies: French, Russian, Hungarian

Message 155 of 200
03 September 2009 at 11:53am | IP Logged 
SP: Ten un buen viaje.

I think I might follow your example, and start L-Ring Harry Potter in Spanish. Probably won't be for while, as I'm playing catch up on my 'otros idiomas'.

Crush
Tetraglot
ChinaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5660 days ago

1622 posts - 2299 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Mandarin, Esperanto
Studies: Basque

Message 156 of 200
03 September 2009 at 10:13pm | IP Logged 
ExtraLean wrote:
*edit* oh y gracias Patuco, un día hablamos en español sur una playa de Gibraltar. :)
Wait a sec, how did this sur thing get here?!

And wow, 30 hours? I had no idea Australia was that far away.

PS: Has your only (or main) resource for Spanish been Assimil? Your Spanish is really quite impressive...

Lizzern
Diglot
Norway
Joined 5704 days ago

791 posts - 1053 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, English
Studies: Japanese

Message 157 of 200
03 September 2009 at 10:30pm | IP Logged 
Well now. A bit demotivated, are we? I know how that is. Well, sorta. I've known it sometime. At least I distinctly recall the feeling. Where was I? Ah yes. Long story short, you need to be nerdier. Join the dark side, we have cookies and we study things we might never need to know and even if we're not travelling anywhere in particular within the foreseeable future, for the sheer glory of being able to eavesdrop on unsuspecting strangers without them ever knowing you now have the full lowdown on the sordid details of their personal lives. Surely that's motivating in itself, no? Who's going to see that coming?

Jokes aside, just find something fun to do. It should be obvious by now that I'm a total music nerd and that this has found its way into my language learning to the point that I can't learn a language without it - though I've never actually tried to learn one without, I've seen what it does for motivation, so you now have a couple of days to load your mp3 player of choice with whatever romance language noise you can get your hands on. I know there must be gold out there. And it's always a pleasant surprise to see how much you already understand... And maybe get curious, maybe just a little, about what all the rest of it means. Then by the time you're back in France you might know so much more already.

Maybe you can stock up on audiobooks or something, I got all of La Divina Commedia and a couple of other things off Librivox, quite handy, and a good companion on a long flight this summer. I had big plans for how much studying I was going to get done, but in the end did nothing except listen to random stuff, and sleep.

</miniessay> i que vagi tot molt bé. Bon viatge.

Liz

ExtraLean
Triglot
France
languagelearners.myf
Joined 5789 days ago

897 posts - 880 votes 
Speaks: English*, French, Spanish
Studies: German

Message 158 of 200
11 September 2009 at 12:11pm | IP Logged 
G'day,

I have now finished Raisins de la colere, and HP1 in French and Spanish respectively. I have also made a start on 'Relato de un náufrago'by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. So today was atleast somewhat productive. In addition to this, I read through one Assimil Perfectionmente Espagnole lesson.

Thom
1 person has voted this message useful

patuco
Diglot
Gibraltar
Joined 6810 days ago

3795 posts - 4268 votes 
Speaks: Spanish, English*
Personal Language Map

Message 159 of 200
11 September 2009 at 3:54pm | IP Logged 
Crush wrote:
ExtraLean wrote:
*edit* oh y gracias Patuco, un día hablamos en español sur una playa de Gibraltar. :)

Wait a sec, how did this sur thing get here?!

A false friend. Also, perhaps "hablaremos" would be better than "hablamos".

ExtraLean wrote:
**double edit** or you know, the massive cliff thing that's there, while throwing rocks at the monkeys.

You're referring to Mons Calpe right? The beach will do just fine, though.

P.S. You can be fined for abusing the monkeys.

Edited by patuco on 11 September 2009 at 3:56pm

J-Learner
Australia
Joined 5825 days ago

556 posts - 636 votes 
Studies: Yiddish, English*
Studies: Dutch

Message 160 of 200
11 September 2009 at 5:49pm | IP Logged 
Don't hurt the monkeys Extralean!!!

Edited by J-Learner on 12 September 2009 at 4:25am

This discussion contains 200 messages over 25 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version