Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

TAC 2009 - New Adventures (closed)

Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post Reply
200 messages over 25 pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 7 ... 24 25 Next >>
ExtraLean
Triglot
France
languagelearners.myf
Joined 5789 days ago

897 posts - 880 votes 
Speaks: English*, French, Spanish
Studies: German

Message 49 of 200
05 March 2009 at 9:57am | IP Logged 
Readers Mine,

After being a member of Polyglot Learn any Language for a fair while, I finally got around to going to one of their meetings here in Paris. With one of my collegues at my side, I went to the Tuesday Night Polyglot Meeting in a nice little bar next to Chatelet.

I met a couple of interesting people, though not with languages that I am interested in, for the moment anyway. And even though I didn't dare talk to the Spaniards in their closed off little circle, I did work my French muscle, which was good. I also had a genuinely ok time, and I imagine that I might become a bit of a regular. I may even go this saturday to see if the crowd changes, and just to have something to do.

French study wise, I have been going through the C1/C2 exams and sussing out the vocab that I don't understand, I was happily surprised that it isn't much at all. I will now make a start on the essays, and probably post them up on lang8 or something. Seems like the logical thing to do, then I can be 'marked'.

It is hard for me to sit down and study French, so I have really decided to aim for the DALF tests. Otherwise I will be content with my current level and probably never improve. As it stands, I've no reluctance to speak, and I feel at ease doing so; even though I know I make some mistakes sometimes, has anyone else felt this, and how did you combat it?

With regards to my actual Spanish and German study, it has tailed off the last week or so. But, my girlfriend is going skiing for the next week with her family, so I am thinking of doing a bit of AGATT at home. And I'll aim to get a couple of Lang8 posts out in each language. I trust the #lalers to hound me until I do...

For those of you who took the time to read this, and those of you who have taken the time to follow my log(s) thankyou it serves as a fair motivation for me.

I remain,
Thom.

Edited by ExtraLean on 05 March 2009 at 10:45am

1 person has voted this message useful

Spanky
Canada
Joined 5751 days ago

1021 posts - 1714 votes 
Studies: French

Message 50 of 200
05 March 2009 at 9:12pm | IP Logged 
ExtraLean,

I always read your posts and, IMEHO, you are one of the most supportive people on the forum.   I generally find your advice to be very useful and your conclusions to be sound.    Having said all of that, however, I question the sanity of your passing up a week of skiing in Europe with your girlfriend.   Maybe you can go with them for a week of ASIGATT (all skiiing in German all the time). Just a thought ....

Spanky

Edited by Spanky on 05 March 2009 at 10:35pm

2 persons have voted this message useful

tricoteuse
Pentaglot
Norway
littlang.blogspot.co
Joined 6473 days ago

745 posts - 845 votes 
Speaks: Swedish*, Norwegian, EnglishC1, Russian, French
Studies: Ukrainian, Bulgarian

Message 51 of 200
05 March 2009 at 9:39pm | IP Logged 
Je n'ai jamais l'impression de progresser en français et je suis plutôt maladroite quand je parle, mais je pense que je m'y suis un peu résignée... Je sais que je suis assez maladroite quand je parle en suédois aussi, donc disons que ça fait partie de ma personnalité.

Et alors, Ombre sultane ? Je pense qu'il coûte 5,5 €, si c'était le prix qui te faisait peur. Sinon ils l'auront sûrement à la bibliothèque !
2 persons have voted this message useful

ExtraLean
Triglot
France
languagelearners.myf
Joined 5789 days ago

897 posts - 880 votes 

Message 52 of 200
06 March 2009 at 9:51am | IP Logged 
Spanky : Je dois travailler et je ne peux pas prendre une semaine entière pour faire du ski. De plus, je n'ai pas l'envie de dépenser +300€ pour un weekend quand il y aura 12+ heures dans le train et pas grand temps sur la piste. Je vais donc profiter de ma semaine à moi et ferai ce que je ne peux pas faire quand ma copine est là.

Tricours : Ouais, ouais, je vais passer à la fnac demain et je vais prendre ce livre. Je t'en jure. Par ailleurs, je suis étonné d'apprendre que tu ne penses pas que tu parles bien en français ! Ayant vu ce que tu écris je crois que tu es plus capable que tu réalises. Pour moi, je vois que je fais du progrès avec la langue française, c'est juste qu'en même temps je vois qu'il y a encore grandes pas à faire pour arriver à mon but.

Thom.

Edited by ExtraLean on 06 March 2009 at 9:52am

ExtraLean
Triglot
France
languagelearners.myf
Joined 5789 days ago

897 posts - 880 votes 

Message 53 of 200
07 March 2009 at 7:29pm | IP Logged 
Mes chers lecteurs et lectrices,

French: Wrote a little lang 8 post, you know where to find it if you're interested.

Have started reading Ombre Sultane, and got to page 23 earlier this morning, I'm a bit disappointed that it is such a small book. Only 200 odd pages, and they're not exactly packed with words. But then, I've found a few already that I didn't know.

I then did some AGATT.

German:

While at the FNAC tracking down my book in french, I picked up a bilingue of Der Tod In Venedig/La Mort à Venise. Or for those of you who know it by it's English name Death in Venice. I'll make a start on it during the week after I have finished Ombre Sultane.

I've had Deutsche Welle playing all day, the more I listen, the more I am understanding. Good thing is that the news is repeated. :)

I worked my way up to Assimil Lektion 20 this evening. Tomorrow I will try to get to 30.

Spanish: Nada para hoy, pero mañana queiro escribir un post para Lang-8

I was going to go to the polyglot thing tonight, but I woke up early today, and I am feeling in the mood for a night at home reading. I'll try to go to the one on Tuesday instead, seeing as though it starts in half an hour.

I remain,

Thom.

Edited by ExtraLean on 07 March 2009 at 7:34pm

ExtraLean
Triglot
France
languagelearners.myf
Joined 5789 days ago

897 posts - 880 votes 

Message 54 of 200
09 March 2009 at 10:40pm | IP Logged 
All,

Didn't get anything done on Sunday *edit* LIES: I did a couple of busuu things**, I'm lazy and went and watched a movie at the cinemas.

Today:

Lang-8 post in Spanish.

up to Lektion 25 of Assimil Allemand sans peine.

That is all,

Thom.

Edited by ExtraLean on 09 March 2009 at 10:44pm

ExtraLean
Triglot
France
languagelearners.myf
Joined 5789 days ago

897 posts - 880 votes 

Message 55 of 200
11 March 2009 at 10:46pm | IP Logged 
Evening Everyone,

French:

Finished Ombre Sultane, wrote a post about it. Put it on lang-8 to be corrected.

Spanish:
Nada

German:
Did a couple more assimil lessons.

Thom.

ExtraLean
Triglot
France
languagelearners.myf
Joined 5789 days ago

897 posts - 880 votes 

Message 56 of 200
14 March 2009 at 12:15am | IP Logged 
Just a quick update before bed.

Today I went through the notes I took from my 6 hours of presentations in french yesterday. I am happy that from all of it, I only jotted down a half a dozen vocab points which I needed to look up. I figure that that isn't bad at all.

Spanish Wise:

Did five Assimil Espagnole sans Peine units. Some I think I did before, n) 15 atleast, and I am now upto number 21.

I was pointed to this website which seems quite interesting for resource gathering...

That's all for now.

Thom.

This discussion contains 200 messages over 25 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 68 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version