Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

TAC 2009 - New Adventures (closed)

Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post Reply
200 messages over 25 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 ... 24 25 Next >>
ExtraLean
Triglot
France
languagelearners.myf
Joined 5788 days ago

897 posts - 880 votes 
Speaks: English*, French, Spanish
Studies: German

Message 145 of 200
21 August 2009 at 10:26am | IP Logged 
Alright,

Es: I was all excited to get some LR done in Spanish today. But the audio part (for three different books) that I downloaded was in machine voice. Which well, just makes me want to stab myself. Instead I've been listening to the Mexican radio for the last 45 minutes or so. I don't understand why there are so many people who are all: 'OMFGLOL MEXICAN IS SOOOOOOO0OOOOOOOOOO FAST!11' Because, well...I'm finding it slower than some of the Spanish stations I listen to.

I'm using this nifty site which Alvinho posted in the Spanish thread: Delicast

It: I've not done anything in Italian this week, bad Thom. *edit* I have now listened to 'Radio Radicale' for an hour and forty-five minutes. Listening practice yeah!

Fr: got some corrections for my lang8 post.

De: Dead.

Thom.

Edited by ExtraLean on 21 August 2009 at 1:24pm

1 person has voted this message useful

ExtraLean
Triglot
France
languagelearners.myf
Joined 5788 days ago

897 posts - 880 votes 

Message 146 of 200
24 August 2009 at 9:48pm | IP Logged 
Captains Log,

Fr: I have now started and read 250 pages of Les raisins de la colère(Grapes of Wrath) by John Steinbeck in the train to Quiberon, will finish it this week.

Es: I have also started Perfectionment Espagnol and read through the lessons 1-3. Today I also listened to a little bit (45min) of Salvadorian radio. I have a few childhood friends who come from El Salvador, and it's partly because of them that I am sticking with Spanish.

It: I watched 20 minutes of RAI international today.

Thom.

Jiwon
Triglot
Korea, South
Joined 6230 days ago

1417 posts - 1500 votes 
Speaks: EnglishC2, Korean*, GermanC1
Studies: Hindi, Spanish
Personal Language Map

Message 147 of 200
25 August 2009 at 10:32am | IP Logged 
Aber.... aber.. wo ist DEUTSCH?!?!? NEIN!! (Der Mann weint traurig) :'-(
2 persons have voted this message useful

Johannes
Diglot
Groupie
Germany
adfc-nrw.de/
Joined 5437 days ago

76 posts - 79 votes 
Speaks: German*, Latin
Studies: Turkish

Message 148 of 200
25 August 2009 at 10:43am | IP Logged 
Jiwon wrote:
Aber.... aber.. wo ist DEUTSCH?!?!? NEIN!! (Der Mann weint traurig) :'-(

Hallo Jiwon,

die Formulierung: "Der Mann weint traurig" habe ich noch nie gehört. Ich finde sie aber sehr gut, da man ja auch vor Freude weinen kann.
Übrigens sehe ich ein neues Foto von dir. Ich bemühe mich schon seit 2 Monaten vergeblich, mein Foto hochzuladen. Aber es kommen immer nur Fehlermeldungen. Schade!!

Ich wünsche dir noch einen schöne Tag!

Gruß Johannes

ExtraLean
Triglot
France
languagelearners.myf
Joined 5788 days ago

897 posts - 880 votes 

Message 149 of 200
25 August 2009 at 10:49am | IP Logged 
Ich weiß nicht. Ich habe nicht die Motivation fuhr die Deutscher Spräche. Ich möchte lesen und sprachen Deutsch aber ich prefiert meine oder Sprache

Bah I can't even type that properly. German and I have a love hate relationship, I think it's the got something to do with speaking French, somehow I believe that they are diametrically opposed to each other. That and since I'm studying only for my own pleasure (and the GLORY), I'll take the easy route and stick with Romance languages more often than sit down and grind out some German. For me it really is a grind.

Though perhaps, just for you Jiwon, I'll listen to the German radio for a while.

I was just having a little chat with TEL (but really he should be The Gnomish Lord) and he was saying that one of the best ways of learning is with a partner. This is something I lack, for all of my languages, but I'm not in any situation where finding one will do me any good until I am sure where I'll be living in the coming months. I might try to put more effort into German, I might not.

*Edit* Und Hallo Johannes, nice of you to post in my log.

Thom.

Edited by ExtraLean on 25 August 2009 at 10:58am

Jiwon
Triglot
Korea, South
Joined 6230 days ago

1417 posts - 1500 votes 
Speaks: EnglishC2, Korean*, GermanC1
Studies: Hindi, Spanish
Personal Language Map

Message 150 of 200
25 August 2009 at 11:03am | IP Logged 
"Ich weiß nicht. Ich habe keine Motivation für die deutsche Sprache. Ich möchte Deutsch lesen und sprachen aber ich präferiere meine andere Sprachen."

Indeed. I also believe French is the linguistic opposite of German, hence my lack of enthusiasm to learn French. But I HAVE to learn Italian and Spanish. As soon as my active German gets better and I have completed TestDaF, I'll start on Spanish.

Pah, don't bother learning German then.. but you'll never be able to enjoy Die Prinzen, Herbert Grönemeyer, Goethe, Michael Ende, Erich Kästner, Rilke, usw. auf Deutsch. :P Oh.. the GLORY of learning German.. XD

ExtraLean
Triglot
France
languagelearners.myf
Joined 5788 days ago

897 posts - 880 votes 

Message 151 of 200
25 August 2009 at 11:22am | IP Logged 
Yes, well Italian and Spanish are cool. We'll see where I end up with German, I'll probably keep playing around with it.

As for the Romance languages, I have decided to post in this thread. So as to have an opportunity to write and converse with others in one of the languages I know/am learning. Lang8's good and all, but sometimes it's nice just to communicate.

*edit* I have also just LR'd the first Chapter of HP1 in Spanish. I have to force myself to read along with the speed of the speaker, though I like his Dumbledore voice. Moving on to chapter two now. Thanks Crush.

*to clarify, I have to force myself to read as slow as the reader, I keep powering along at my own speed and having to pull myself up.*

I also listened to some Bogotan Radio this morning maybe ~30min.

*double edit* This is the 150th post in this log. I think that should be commemerated. Thanks to those who have followed, and commented. If you've followed and haven't commented, why the devil haven't you?

Thom.

Edited by ExtraLean on 25 August 2009 at 5:27pm

Spanky
Canada
Joined 5750 days ago

1021 posts - 1714 votes 
Studies: French

Message 152 of 200
26 August 2009 at 8:03am | IP Logged 
ExtraLean wrote:

This is the 150th post in this log.

150 posts? Sehr gut!   (there, now you'll have to keep going at that blasted Deutsch language).

This discussion contains 200 messages over 25 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version