Georgia
Joined 5057 days ago

113 posts - 208 votes 
Speaks: Georgian*, English, Russian

Message 329 of 426
22 March 2013 at 12:22am | IP Logged 
Quote:
What does გაეწყობა mean? It said "ra gaetsyoba, tsavidet." So I guess it means
:what are we waiting for?" or something like that but I want to know what it literally
means, and plus I could be totally wrong with my interpretation haha.

"რა გაეწყობა" means something like "what can we do", "there is nothing we can do".

ვერაფერი ვერ გავაწყვე - I couldn't manage anything; I couldn't sort anything out.

გაწყობა also means "to set/set up" (the table, the christmas tree etc).

Quote:
Zgarbze jdomaa uxerxuli!

Haven't heard it before :)
2 persons have voted this message useful

zecchino1991
United States
facebook.com/amyybur
Joined 5061 days ago

778 posts - 885 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Italian, Modern Hebrew, Russian, Arabic (Written), Romanian, Icelandic, Georgian

Message 330 of 426
22 March 2013 at 12:41am | IP Logged 
Oh, yeah. Now I remember, they explain that word multiple times in the book...Guess I
should write that
down. And I thought that saying was something they just made up. It's so silly...

By the way, Murdoc, I really appreciate your help. It's great to have a native speaker on
these forums who checks them often! So dzalian didi madloba!! :)

Edited by zecchino1991 on 22 March 2013 at 2:18am

1 person has voted this message useful

Murdoc
Triglot
Georgia
Joined 5057 days ago

113 posts - 208 votes 
Speaks: Georgian*, English, Russian

Message 331 of 426
25 March 2013 at 2:17am | IP Logged 
You're welcome zecchino, I'm glad I can help.

zecchino1991
United States
facebook.com/amyybur
Joined 5061 days ago

778 posts - 885 votes 
Studies: Italian, Modern Hebrew, Russian, Arabic (Written), Romanian, Icelandic, Georgian

Message 332 of 426
25 March 2013 at 2:25am | IP Logged 
I read most of chapter 12 in Aronson. It's pretty easy, thank God, and it has a lot of
examples. I also read a tiny bit of dialogue 9 in ACC. Now I am just going to watch
some Georgian tv. I haven't been feeling so great lately (not physically), so I'm not
really in the mood for studying. I just did today because a) I'm bored, and b) I'm
procrastinating, haha. I want to write something in Georgian. So here goes nothing...:

არ მინდა აქ ყოფნა. სადმე სხვაგან მინდა ყოფნა, სადმე აქედან შორს. იქნებ საქართველოში? ჰაჰა.
არ ვიცი, რაც კი ვიცი, აქ კმაყოფილი აღარ ვარ. ამ უნივერსიტეტში სწავლა არ მიყვარს. რაღაც
ახალი მინდა გავაკეთო. ეს ადგილი ძალიან მიყვარს, ლოს ანჯელესი ძალიან მომწონს, მაგრამ
ახალ ადგილში უნდა წავიდე, იმიტომ რომ ცხოვრობაში ცვლილება მინდა. ჩემი ცხოვრობა ძალიან
კარგია, მაგრამ პირადი პრობლემა მაქვს. სხვა ადგილში ცხოვრობაზე უნდა ვიფიქრო, იმიტომ რომ
რადიკალური ცვლილება მჭირდება.

ჩემი ოჯახი ახლა სან ფრანცისკოშია, და მეც იქ მინდა ყოფნა. სამწუხაროდ, ახლავე არ შემიძლია
წასვლა, იმიტომ რომ ამ კვირას ლექციები მაქვს. ხუთშაბათს მეც სან ფრანცისკოში წავალ და
ძალიან მადლობელი ვარ, მაგრამ მაინც უნივერსიტეტში საერთოდ არ მინდა წასვლა. იქ ვინმე
არის, ვინც მისი ნახვა არ მინდა...ახლა ძალიან ვწუხვარ, მაგრამ საბოლოოდ ყველაფერი კარგად
იქნება.
:)

Wow, that was way too long. I don't know how to write this without sounding like I'm
sad about an ex or something silly like that. That's not what I'm talking about, it's
just a long a story, and my Georgian is not sufficiently...sophisticated for it yet,
obviously!

Edit: I just noticed it's supposed to be "ცხოვრება..."

Edited by zecchino1991 on 13 April 2013 at 3:11am

zecchino1991
United States
facebook.com/amyybur
Joined 5061 days ago

778 posts - 885 votes 

Message 333 of 426
25 March 2013 at 7:14am | IP Logged 
(Warning: I'm just going to rant for a while because I am bored and I like to write! ;)

Sorry about the depression up there. When I have assignments due I get a little
neurotic (if you read all that, you know that I don't like school!). I'm just lonely
because my family is having fun without me, haha.

Anyway, I just found something on my Hebrew log that kind of relates to this log. It's
really silly so I won't post it here, but it got me thinking. Basically, it's about
Georgian food, but it also talks about Israeli perceptions of Georgian people. This is
very interesting to me because I don't know any Georgian people in Israel (or anywhere
really...), and they way they are portrayed there seems so completely opposite of the
Georgians in Georgia (not that I know much about them either). But they have all these
really strange stereotypes about them! It's kind of hilarious because they (the
stereotypes) seem so backwards to me. I kind of understand why they are seen the way
they are, because I have a basic understanding of the views on ethnicity in Israel (I
can explain it if you're interested...), but it's still really funny and weird to me!

It got me thinking about this show I like to watch. It's called Ramzor ("traffic
light"). There is also a Russian version called, you guessed it, Светофор! Anyway,
there is this Georgian character on the Israeli version, his name is Shalva and he owns
a falafel place. He is very, very friendly, too friendly actually. In fact, there is a
whole episode dedicated to that! It's my favorite episode for so many reasons. Partly
because I can understand all the Georgian that is spoken, which they don't always
translate in the Hebrew subtitles (most Israeli shows have Hebrew subtitles even if the
show is in Hebrew). And some of it is kind of vulgar/hilarious! Like the time when
Shalva tells some girl who works at a club to go fuсk herself because she won't let him
in, haha!

Well, I don't know what my point was with this, it was just on my mind. I'm bored more
than I usually am because I'm home alone! I wish I could find this show with English
subtitles or something, because it's so funny! And it's extra funny if you understand
Russian and/or Georgian, which most people reading this log do. If you wanna look it up
anyway, it's called רמזור. Although you might just get a bunch of pictures of traffic
lights. ;)

Edited by zecchino1991 on 25 March 2013 at 8:57am

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4969 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, Norwegian, French, English, Italian, Papiamento
Studies: Mandarin, Georgian, Russian

Message 334 of 426
25 March 2013 at 9:08pm | IP Logged 
I'm impressed that you can write so much in Georgian, zecchino! And it's so easy to folow through. I'm writing a bit, just not at my log.

zecchino1991
United States
facebook.com/amyybur
Joined 5061 days ago

778 posts - 885 votes 

Message 335 of 426
26 March 2013 at 3:42am | IP Logged 
მერე სად წერ, Expugnator?

Today I listened to some Beginner's Georgian in my car. I wanted to listen to Gruzinskii
Yazyk c Mamoi, but I couldn't find it on my iPod. It was a good review. I want to go
through that book again because I haven't looked at it for a while.

Edited by zecchino1991 on 26 March 2013 at 3:56am

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4969 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, Norwegian, French, English, Italian, Papiamento
Studies: Mandarin, Georgian, Russian

Message 336 of 426
26 March 2013 at 4:38pm | IP Logged 
მეილი ქართული ქალისთვის დავწერე.
სხვათა შორის, უნდა Beginner Georgianს წინადადები ჩემი ანკი დეკში დავაყენო.

This discussion contains 426 messages over 54 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version