Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
426 messages over 54 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 48 ... 53 54 Next >>
zecchino1991
United States
facebook.com/amyybur
Joined 5061 days ago

778 posts - 885 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Italian, Modern Hebrew, Russian, Arabic (Written), Romanian, Icelandic, Georgian

Message 377 of 426
21 April 2013 at 6:50pm | IP Logged 
Expugnator wrote:
where do you get it? At your Russian TV? :)

I wish! haha,

It's like Georgian American Idol and I watch it on youtube or Rustavi 2. :)
1 person has voted this message useful

zecchino1991
United States
facebook.com/amyybur
Joined 5061 days ago

778 posts - 885 votes 
Studies: Italian, Modern Hebrew, Russian, Arabic (Written), Romanian, Icelandic, Georgian

Message 378 of 426
23 April 2013 at 3:34am | IP Logged 
I just saw this really weird video in Georgian and I have absolutely no idea wtf it was
about! (I don't think it's a language barrier problem because they hardly said
anything). I would post it here but I'm sure that would be against the rules (you'll
see, haha). So I'll just explain it.

So there were two small crowds of people standing on either side of a road, and in the
middle of the road there was this big box standing up. It was about as big as a
refrigerator, but a little smaller, and it had a cross on the front and a coin slot.
There was a person standing inside it, but you couldn't see them except for their arm
which they were sticking through a hole in the side. Then this guy walked up to it in a
camouflage wedding dress and everyone started cheering while wedding music played in
the background. When he got up to the box he put some coins (I think?) in the slot, and
then the person inside stuck their arm out and started crossing the guy in the dress
(like you do to bless someone). Then he put in more coins and they crossed him again,
and then he put more coins in...and got really angry and starting banging on the box.
Then someone started shooting him with a squirt gun, which for some reason made him
take all his clothes off and start walking down the street, and everyone clapped. Then
a couple people started following him, then a whole bunch of people. Then the naked guy
got to a short bridge above a river and climbed over the edge, and a couple other
people climbed over with him. Then he jumped off while the two people sprayed him with
a squirt gun and everyone cheered...And that's all.

Yeah...I can't figure out if it was a) performance art, b) a protest, or c) some sort
of strange baptism?? lol. I really can't think of any other ideas... But judging from
the comments everyone is very angry about this! Almost every comment has some not so
nice things to say about the people in the video's mothers...(But then again, almost
every Georgian video on youtube is like that, haha). So does anyone have any clue what
might have been going on? I'm very curious...

Edited by zecchino1991 on 23 April 2013 at 3:36am

zecchino1991
United States
facebook.com/amyybur
Joined 5061 days ago

778 posts - 885 votes 

Message 379 of 426
25 April 2013 at 3:26am | IP Logged 
Well, I wanted to do lesson V today but I got stuck at school for a while because there
was a gunman, so they told us not to leave. And tomorrow I have a Russian test. Maybe I
will start the chapter anyway, but I'm very tired so we'll see.

zecchino1991
United States
facebook.com/amyybur
Joined 5061 days ago

778 posts - 885 votes 

Message 380 of 426
04 May 2013 at 2:04am | IP Logged 
ჩემს სახლთან ახლოს დიდი ხანძარია. მთელი ცა ნარინჯისფერია! ბევრი კვამლია და თვალები მტკივა. :(

zecchino1991
United States
facebook.com/amyybur
Joined 5061 days ago

778 posts - 885 votes 

Message 381 of 426
06 May 2013 at 1:43am | IP Logged 
I'm still behind on Notadze...I am taking a ridiculously hard linguistics class and I
need to study a lot until next Monday (that's when my final is). This class is crazy, the
average grade on the midterm was an F. We tell the professor it's too hard, and he just
says, "But, I'm trying to teach you like they would at MIT!" o.O He doesn't seem to
understand how that does not really work out...

So anyway, in a week or so I will have nothing else to do but study languages! :) But
until then, I have to learn me some VP-shells and X-bar theory. Fun...

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4969 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, Norwegian, French, English, Italian, Papiamento
Studies: Mandarin, Georgian, Russian

Message 382 of 426
06 May 2013 at 6:44pm | IP Logged 
What about the fire? Is it under control?
In my opinion, studying linguistics is also about languages, so in fact you always do nothing else but study languages ;D but I'm glad you're going to have free time anyway!

zecchino1991
United States
facebook.com/amyybur
Joined 5061 days ago

778 posts - 885 votes 

Message 383 of 426
06 May 2013 at 7:07pm | IP Logged 
I think it's mostly contained. It's raining so that's probably helping a lot.

And this linguistics class doesn't feel anythin like studying languages. It feels more like math!

zecchino1991
United States
facebook.com/amyybur
Joined 5061 days ago

778 posts - 885 votes 

Message 384 of 426
12 May 2013 at 9:32pm | IP Logged 
I'm studying for my linguistics class and it got me thinking, if the dative case in
Georgian also functions like an accusative case, how come most sources call it 'dative'?
Is it because it functions more often as a dative case? Although, there are also sources
that call it dative/accusative or something like that.

This discussion contains 426 messages over 54 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version