Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4969 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, Norwegian, French, English, Italian, Papiamento
Studies: Mandarin, Georgian, Russian

Message 385 of 426
13 May 2013 at 9:34pm | IP Logged 
I am sure I have come across the answer to that at one of the books, but I can't remember now. It does seem that the dative function is proeminent to it, as the indirect object always takes the dative, while the direct object may take the dative or the nominative.
1 person has voted this message useful

zecchino1991
United States
facebook.com/amyybur
Joined 5061 days ago

778 posts - 885 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Italian, Modern Hebrew, Russian, Arabic (Written), Romanian, Icelandic, Georgian

Message 386 of 426
13 May 2013 at 9:49pm | IP Logged 
Ah, yeah that's true. I hadn't thought of that.

zecchino1991
United States
facebook.com/amyybur
Joined 5061 days ago

778 posts - 885 votes 
Studies: Italian, Modern Hebrew, Russian, Arabic (Written), Romanian, Icelandic, Georgian

Message 387 of 426
18 May 2013 at 7:54pm | IP Logged 
დღეს ევროვიზიის ფინალია. ნახევარფინალებს არ ვუყურე, იმიტომ რომ დაკავებული ვიყავი. არ მიყვარს
ევროვიზია, მაგრამ მაინც ვუყურებ. არ ვიცი რატომ...

zecchino1991
United States
facebook.com/amyybur
Joined 5061 days ago

778 posts - 885 votes 

Message 388 of 426
19 May 2013 at 10:46pm | IP Logged 
I finally finished chapter 5 in Natadze. I skipped a couple of the notes at the bottom
because they were long and I already know the things they're warning me about.

By the way, why do they use such violent verbs as the examples, like ცემა, ჭრა, ძაგება,
კვლა? haha

zecchino1991
United States
facebook.com/amyybur
Joined 5061 days ago

778 posts - 885 votes 

Message 389 of 426
20 May 2013 at 8:01am | IP Logged 
I'm reading some ACC now because I've haven't done it in a while and I finally have free
time! It's the one where they go to Mtsxeta. So far it's not so bad, I understand most of
it. I'm really glad I have that Unilang thread of yours, Expugnator. When I can't figure
something out, I usually find that you couldn't either and asked there. And if not, I
usually figure it out eventually. So thanks!

Anyway, I want to write this here so I won't forget it: Unda+conjunctive usually means
"should," while unda+optative means "must."

Edited by zecchino1991 on 20 May 2013 at 8:31am

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4969 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, Norwegian, French, English, Italian, Papiamento
Studies: Mandarin, Georgian, Russian

Message 390 of 426
20 May 2013 at 4:48pm | IP Logged 
zecchino1991 wrote:

By the way, why do they use such violent verbs as the examples, like ცემა, ჭრა, ძაგება,
კვლა? haha

Maybe they want to emphasize some Georgian warlike nature? :| :P

I'm glad that thread at the other forum is still useful. I bet if I went through the
dialogues again I'd ask those same questions again, so it's good the answers are still
there =D

zecchino1991
United States
facebook.com/amyybur
Joined 5061 days ago

778 posts - 885 votes 

Message 391 of 426
21 May 2013 at 3:43am | IP Logged 
I am about to finish dialogue 10 in ACC, and then I'll continue with Natadze. This
dialogue wasn't as boring as some of the other ones. It's kind of funny how they know all
these random facts off the top of their heads, like the exact year when the Jvari
Cathedral was built. But I must say these dialogues actually do seem a little bit more
realistic than most. They are very good!

zecchino1991
United States
facebook.com/amyybur
Joined 5061 days ago

778 posts - 885 votes 

Message 392 of 426
25 May 2013 at 12:31am | IP Logged 
I've started keeping a dream journal because I have sleep paralysis a lot and I think
it's cool, and I want to learn how to have lucid dreams. I was thinking, maybe
occasionally I'll write some of them in Georgian and post them on Italki or something
and then post the corrected version here. I already wrote about one dream on my tumblr,
I'll go get someone to correct it. But I'll post it here just so I can compare it with
the corrected version, which I will post later. I do not feel like writing it in
Georgian script at the moment so it's in transliteration.

მე ყოველთვის ვოცნებობდი, რომ კატა ვყოფილიყავი! (That's the title of this recurring
"segment" I'm going to write over on tumblr. I found it on Google when I was trying to
figure out how to say "I dreamt." It's a Facebook page and I have no idea what it is
about haha).
Chemi ocnebebis shesaxeb minda davwero. Ocnebebi dzaan mainteresebs. Sxvata shoris,
chemi qartuli dzalian cudia da varjishoba mchirdeba. Amitom qartulad davwer. :)

Ori gamis win qartulad vocnebobdi. Magram mxolod erti qartuli sityva iyo: “giji” Chemma
megobarma mitxra, “Im gij kacs naxavo?” Magram sul inglisurad, “gijis” garda. (You see
that giji guy??). Eg giji kaci martla sashineli iyo.

Well, that's what I wrote. I will go get someone to fix it now. If anyone wants to
correct it here, feel free! By the way, my tumblr is called
Illprobablystayonplanetearth, if anyone cares :)

Edited by zecchino1991 on 25 May 2013 at 12:48am

This discussion contains 426 messages over 54 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version