Norway
brunugle.wordpress.c
Joined 6418 days ago

1292 posts - 1766 votes 
Speaks: English*, NorwegianC1
Studies: Japanese, Esperanto, Spanish, Finnish

Message 177 of 297
31 December 2012 at 9:58am | IP Logged 
Rhadwyn is now a member of our team, I think.

And could everyone whose logs aren't linked, make logs and send me the links? Even if you are just renaming an old log, I still need the link. (I know. I should talk. I haven't even made my own log yet :-}
1 person has voted this message useful

g-bod
Diglot
United KingdomRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5780 days ago

1485 posts - 2002 votes 
Speaks: English*, Japanese
Studies: French, German

Message 178 of 297
31 December 2012 at 4:47pm | IP Logged 
My log for 2013 is here: http://how-to-learn-any-language.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?T ID=34785&PN=1

Brun Ugle
Diglot
Norway
brunugle.wordpress.c
Joined 6418 days ago

1292 posts - 1766 votes 

Message 179 of 297
31 December 2012 at 6:43pm | IP Logged 

songlines wrote:

A heads up in case anyone's missed it on the General Discussion thread: Wonderful news for all language learners who like to, or would like to do extensive reading to improve their language skills (or, just for the fun of it!):

The Tadoku Contest is returning! ....

For those who don't know it, this is a (friendly) reading competition for language learners.   Anyone can take part,
and a significant number of Htlal-ers do.   (Amazing, how leaderboards can motivate people!)

Update: The Tadoku Bot is now open for registration, and the contest begins at midnight tonight, your timezone. Registration and other details here: http://readmod.com/manual

Note: Please update links and bookmarks: The home page address has been changed (not "Wordpress" any longer) to http://readmod.com/. (Once you register and sign in, this will flip to the "Rankings" page. )

Quagles
Norway
Joined 4153 days ago

3 posts - 3 votes
Speaks: Norwegian*

Message 180 of 297
01 January 2013 at 2:08pm | IP Logged 
Took me a while before I noticed this thread. Either way, never year begins, another year
of intense studying.

Short introduction, been learning for a year and took some classes at University, current
Japanese level is around JLPT3 and will be aiming to pass JLPT2 by this summer. At some
point I think ill just make a blog (just need to figure out which to use) and post my log
there and the progress and methods I use. Currently I use a very lax method with mostly
just a lot of immersing rather than active studying. Also just started mandarin last
month, so I hope it won't interfere too much with the studies.

Will also be studying abroad for a while in Japan this year, so I hope to improve my
talking and understanding the most.

Brun Ugle
Diglot
Norway
brunugle.wordpress.c
Joined 6418 days ago

1292 posts - 1766 votes 

Message 181 of 297
01 January 2013 at 2:41pm | IP Logged 
Hi Quagles!

Making a log is kind of important as a central part of the TAC is to read and comment in each other's logs. To start one, you just go to the "language learning log" part of this forum (ie the section where we are noe). At the top right is a button for "new topic." Click that and start writing. It's easy.
3 persons have voted this message useful

Jaseur
Groupie
United Kingdom
Joined 5877 days ago

50 posts - 51 votes 
Speaks: English*

Message 182 of 297
01 January 2013 at 4:57pm | IP Logged 
あけおめ!

TAC13がやっと始まりました!

ちょっと興奮してきました!

Edited by Jaseur on 01 January 2013 at 4:59pm

Brun Ugle
Diglot
Norway
brunugle.wordpress.c
Joined 6418 days ago

1292 posts - 1766 votes 

Message 183 of 297
01 January 2013 at 5:24pm | IP Logged 
Silly me! I almost forgot to link to my own log. There are a few other logs that I'm missing links to too. If you haven't made your log yet, you should do it. And it would be helpful if you post the link here in case I don't find it myself.

This is for people who were also members in 2012:
I posted about this on last year's thread, but I don't know how many have read it. On the voting thread, they want links to a year-end summary for your TAC-2012. So if you haven't written a year-in-review post on your 2012 log, you should try to do that soon and let me know so I can update the links on that thread. So far the only ones I know who've done it are g-bod and me. Come on guys! We could win this! (Well, we all know it will be the Russian team again, but we might come in second.)

yuhakko
Tetraglot
FranceRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4430 days ago

414 posts - 582 votes 
Speaks: French*, EnglishB2, EnglishC2, Spanish, Japanese
Studies: Korean, Norwegian, Mandarin

Message 184 of 297
01 January 2013 at 9:48pm | IP Logged 
みんな 明けまして おめでとう ございます~! 今年は 一緒に 頑張りましょうよ!

This discussion contains 297 messages over 38 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version