Norway
brunugle.wordpress.c
Joined 6418 days ago

1292 posts - 1766 votes 
Speaks: English*, NorwegianC1
Studies: Japanese, Esperanto, Spanish, Finnish

Message 233 of 297
13 January 2013 at 8:17am | IP Logged 
How was Skype? I would never have managed. My internet connection has been obnoxious lately. I haven't been doing much sitting in the hallway though. I just wait until it comes up. I don't have anything that is so important that it can't wait.
1 person has voted this message useful

stifa
Triglot
Norway
lang-8.com/448715
Joined 4671 days ago

629 posts - 813 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, EnglishC2, German
Studies: Japanese, Spanish

Message 234 of 297
13 January 2013 at 9:23am | IP Logged 
There were only three of us, but it was allright. We managed to speak a little bit of
Japanese (or from my part, Gaijinease), but it was kind of awkward at times - perhaps
it'll get better when there are more of us.

We agreed upon having the next meeting in two weeks.

Brun Ugle
Diglot
Norway
brunugle.wordpress.c
Joined 6418 days ago

1292 posts - 1766 votes 

Message 235 of 297
13 January 2013 at 9:29am | IP Logged 
stifa wrote:
There were only three of us, but it was allright. We managed to speak a little bit of
Japanese (or from my part, Gaijinease), but it was kind of awkward at times - perhaps
it'll get better when there are more of us.

We agreed upon having the next meeting in two weeks.

Great. The electrician said he will come Thursday or Friday. Assuming that the definition of Thursday or Friday in electrician-language is the same as in normal-people-language, that means I should have internet and heat and all sorts of nice stuff later in the week. That would give me a bit of time to figure out Skype before the meeting.

Meanwhile, I should get back to downloading stuff before my connection disappears again.

stifa
Triglot
Norway
lang-8.com/448715
Joined 4671 days ago

629 posts - 813 votes 

Message 236 of 297
13 January 2013 at 9:46am | IP Logged 
Isn't your heating working either? Isn't it bloody cold outside in Steinkjær now?

Well, the only effort you need to do with skype is being logged in, and having added
one of us so we can add you to the conversation. That's pretty much all.

Helemano
Japan
Joined 4138 days ago

31 posts - 39 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: Japanese, Portuguese

Message 237 of 297
13 January 2013 at 9:52am | IP Logged 
I hope to join the Skype chats one of these days, but it depends on my own schedule and the schedule of the chat (Japan is 8-9 hours ahead of Western Europe).

g-bod
Diglot
United KingdomRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5780 days ago

1485 posts - 2002 votes 
Speaks: English*, Japanese
Studies: French, German

Message 238 of 297
13 January 2013 at 10:48am | IP Logged 
@helemano the time difference is such a pain, isn't it? What kind of time might you be available? So long as it's not the middle of the night for me, if it's a weekend I could probably make myself available.

@stifa it wasn't that bad was it? I quite enjoyed unleashing my bad Japanese on you guys.

stifa
Triglot
Norway
lang-8.com/448715
Joined 4671 days ago

629 posts - 813 votes 

Message 239 of 297
13 January 2013 at 10:57am | IP Logged 
Nee, it was fun of course :)

And Helemano, are you okay with staying up around midnight then? Because midnight for
you means 2pm here and 6-8 in the morning in America.

Brun Ugle
Diglot
Norway
brunugle.wordpress.c
Joined 6418 days ago

1292 posts - 1766 votes 

Message 240 of 297
13 January 2013 at 12:03pm | IP Logged 
I have an oil-heater in there so I can warm up the bathroom before I take a shower. Not legal and perhaps not exactly the wisest thing to do, but at least it's warm when I need it to be. I've been here for two years without heat in there, so I'm used to it. I used to go to the gym to shower, but I have trouble making myself do that when I'm not manic. Then I was at the gym everyday for hours!

I should probably at least test out Skype once or twice before doing the real thing. I always do those kinds of things. If I have to go anywhere for example. I check the maps very carefully and then, if it isn't too far away, I take a practice trip there to make sure I know where it is.

Time differences could be a problem, but we don't all have to come to every session, so we can vary the times even if some of them don't work for some people sometimes.

Speaking Japanese might be difficult for me. It can be hard just speaking English with people I haven't talked to before.

This discussion contains 297 messages over 38 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version