United States
Joined 5180 days ago

53 posts - 60 votes 
Speaks: English*, Japanese, French
Studies: Spanish, Russian, Arabic (Written), Mandarin, Latin, German

Message 185 of 297
01 January 2013 at 11:35pm | IP Logged 
Hello Team Sakura!

I like the name Rhadwyn, but my name is actually Rhadryn (just to prevent confusion). My Japanese level is probably around B2. I'm excited to be on this team and I look forward to reading about everyone's progress! My log can be found at http://how-to-learn-any-language.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?T ID=34813&PN=1.

よろしくお願いします!

Edited by Rhadryn on 01 January 2013 at 11:36pm

1 person has voted this message useful

Brun Ugle
Diglot
Norway
brunugle.wordpress.c
Joined 6417 days ago

1292 posts - 1766 votes 
Speaks: English*, NorwegianC1
Studies: Japanese, Esperanto, Spanish, Finnish

Message 186 of 297
02 January 2013 at 10:04am | IP Logged 
Rhadryn wrote:
Hello Team Sakura!

I like the name Rhadwyn, but my name is actually Rhadryn (just to prevent confusion). My Japanese level is probably around B2. I'm excited to be on this team and I look forward to reading about everyone's progress! My log can be found at http://how-to-learn-any-language.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?T ID=34813&PN=1.

よろしくお願いします!

Sorry. I'm just overly fond of w's I guess :-) I'm thinking of learning Welsh someday (lots of w's). Your name looks kind of Welsh-like to me, especially if you put a w in it.

Brun Ugle
Diglot
Norway
brunugle.wordpress.c
Joined 6417 days ago

1292 posts - 1766 votes 

Message 187 of 297
03 January 2013 at 8:06am | IP Logged 
How would you guys feel about taking on one new member? It would give us 17 members in total which is still under what I said earlier was our absolute max, but even so, I don't want to let any new people on without approval from the team.

Woodsei
Bilingual Diglot
Winner TAC 2012
United States
justpaste.it/Woodsei
Joined 4594 days ago

614 posts - 782 votes 
Speaks: English*, Arabic (Egyptian)*
Studies: Russian, Japanese, Hungarian

Message 188 of 297
03 January 2013 at 10:55pm | IP Logged 
I approve, of course, the more the merrier :)

あけましておめでとう、みんあ!TAC 2013 がはじめました。じゃ、がんばりましょ!

dampingwire
Bilingual Triglot
United Kingdom
Joined 4462 days ago

1185 posts - 1513 votes 
Speaks: English*, Italian*, French
Studies: Japanese

Message 189 of 297
04 January 2013 at 12:00am | IP Logged 
I'm fine with any team size: I'd certainly agree with "the more the merrier" (a
construction which happened to crop up just today in a lesson I listened to in the car!).

As I'm here, I may as well ask. As a ball-park figure, how often should one check one's
team mate's logs? I guess if I say "Hi" (or even something constructive!) in each log,
then I'll get an email each time an update happens. Is there some way of getting an
update email anyway (i.e. without posting something)? Failing that, checking 15+ logs
each day seems like it may take a good chunk of time: is once or twice a week an
acceptable schedule?

Brun Ugle
Diglot
Norway
brunugle.wordpress.c
Joined 6417 days ago

1292 posts - 1766 votes 

Message 190 of 297
04 January 2013 at 7:20am | IP Logged 
I'll let our new member know. I think "the more the merrier" has its limit, but we are still slightly under that.

dampingwire:
You can check your teammates logs as often as you want. You should probably try to do it at least every couple of weeks or so, but a lot of people do it more regularly too.

I don't know of any way to subscribe without replying to a message, but maybe someone else does. I find all these short messages saying not much more than "hello" to be a little annoying personally. I keep checking logs because I see that there are new messages, but they don't say anything. That will die down soon though.

I don't subscribe to any threads because I don't want all that mess in my inbox. I know you can put it in a separate folder, but seeing all those messages is disheartening to me. I prefer to just scroll through the forum until I get to where I was last time, or look at "active topics." Scrolling through also makes it easier to stumble across new logs that might be interesting or logs that I don't usually have time for but like to check when I do.

Speaking of which-- most of you have the name of your teams in the titles of your logs, but if you don't, could you please edit the title to show them? It makes it easier for teammates and others to find them when they are glancing over the forum.

mrwarper
Diglot
Winner TAC 2012
Spain
forum_posts.asp?TID=Registered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5023 days ago

1493 posts - 2500 votes 
Speaks: Spanish*, EnglishC2
Studies: German, Russian, Japanese

Message 191 of 297
04 January 2013 at 9:36am | IP Logged 
Brun Ugle wrote:
How would you guys feel about taking on one new member?

I approve it unless he's a victim of halitosis trying to disguise as a victim of society...

Brun Ugle wrote:
... teammates logs ... You should probably try to do it at least every couple of weeks or so, but a lot of people do it more regularly too.

Most people slow down quite a bit so it's not a problem to keep the pace in the long run -- that is, if you hold on long enough ;)

Quote:
... I don't know of any way to subscribe without replying to a message, but maybe someone else does.

Some people do. Meramarina told me long ago: just scroll all the way down to the end of the thread, click on the link that reads "watch this link for replies". If you're already subscribed, it reads "Un-watch this link for replies".

Quote:
I find all these short messages saying not much more than "hello" to be a little annoying personally [...]I know you can put it in a separate folder, but seeing all those messages is disheartening to me.
Same here, but don't tell anyone. They'll think we're weird and different...

fmmarianicolon
Diglot
United States
Joined 4143 days ago

28 posts - 30 votes
Speaks: English*, Spanish
Studies: Sign Language
Studies: Japanese

Message 192 of 297
04 January 2013 at 6:05pm | IP Logged 
おはよう ございます

Good morning! I am your new team member, Fernando. Thanks for allowing me to come on
board! I'm starting to learn Japanese almost from scratch (A-0.001?)... although my
husband and I took a Japanese I class two years ago, I did not learn much and have
forgotten everything. I'm excited to take another go at learning Japanese. So far this
week I've learned the above phrase which is more than where I started! I know most of
the team is far more advanced ... I look forward to learning from y'all and please let me
know how I can help the team succeed!

This discussion contains 297 messages over 38 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version