Helemano
Japan
Joined 4138 days ago

31 posts - 39 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: Japanese, Portuguese

Message 241 of 297
14 January 2013 at 3:16am | IP Logged 
@Brun Ugle - If you saw my reactivated kujichagulia log, please disregard it and do not make any changes. I'm sticking with my Helemano account. My kujichagulia account was reactivated (thanks to the great admininstrator and moderators), however it is now somewhat buggy.

@stifa - Midnight is past my bedtime, so go ahead and enjoy the Skype sessions without me. Besides, I can probably get some Japanese speaking practice here in Japan. :)
1 person has voted this message useful

Brun Ugle
Diglot
Norway
brunugle.wordpress.c
Joined 6418 days ago

1292 posts - 1766 votes 
Speaks: English*, NorwegianC1
Studies: Japanese, Esperanto, Spanish, Finnish

Message 242 of 297
14 January 2013 at 8:44am | IP Logged 
Helemano wrote:
@Brun Ugle - If you saw my reactivated kujichagulia log, please disregard it and do not make any changes. I'm sticking with my Helemano account. My kujichagulia account was reactivated (thanks to the great admininstrator and moderators), however it is now somewhat buggy.

How did you get them to reactivate it!? I have a friend who's tried twice to join and each time, his account has been inactive. I wrote to Iversen, and while he did what he could to check, he can't reactivate the account. And my friend wrote twice to the administrator, but he doesn't even answer.

Helemano wrote:

@stifa - Midnight is past my bedtime, so go ahead and enjoy the Skype sessions without me. Besides, I can probably get some Japanese speaking practice here in Japan. :)

I think the only solution is to vary the times the sessions are held. Some people will be able to come and others won't, but hopefully we can organize it so that everyone can make at least some of the sessions.

Helemano
Japan
Joined 4138 days ago

31 posts - 39 votes

Message 243 of 297
14 January 2013 at 1:13pm | IP Logged 
Brun Ugle wrote:
How did you get them to reactivate it!? I have a friend who's tried twice to join and each time, his account has been inactive. I wrote to Iversen, and while he did what he could to check, he can't reactivate the account. And my friend wrote twice to the administrator, but he doesn't even answer.

I PM'd you.

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5132 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 244 of 297
14 January 2013 at 1:34pm | IP Logged 
stifa wrote:
There were only three of us, but it was allright. We managed to speak a little bit of
Japanese (or from my part, Gaijinease), but it was kind of awkward at times - perhaps
it'll get better when there are more of us.

We agreed upon having the next meeting in two weeks.

It is perfectly normal that it is a bit awkward in the beginning. You do not know eachother, you are speaking a foreign language, you can't see eachother and then there is the technical stuff.

It took us at least 5-6 sessions before we were even moderatly relaxed. You have made the first step though, which is half the journey :-)

stifa
Triglot
Norway
lang-8.com/448715
Joined 4671 days ago

629 posts - 813 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, EnglishC2, German
Studies: Japanese, Spanish

Message 245 of 297
14 January 2013 at 1:43pm | IP Logged 
I'm availible between approximately 7 and 23, at least on quiet Saturdays.

Helemano wrote:
@stifa - Midnight is past my bedtime, so go ahead and enjoy the Skype
sessions without me. Besides, I can probably get some Japanese speaking practice here
in Japan. :)

Could you please state at what times you might be availible on the 26th (saturday)?

Edited by stifa on 14 January 2013 at 2:45pm

Brun Ugle
Diglot
Norway
brunugle.wordpress.c
Joined 6418 days ago

1292 posts - 1766 votes 
Speaks: English*, NorwegianC1
Studies: Japanese, Esperanto, Spanish, Finnish

Message 246 of 297
15 January 2013 at 8:30am | IP Logged 
Helemano wrote:
Brun Ugle wrote:

I PM'd you.

I didn't get any PM. Did you get a message saying my mailbox was full? It's only about 50%, but I've heard there were problems with that. I did get one from g-bod and from Takato recently though. But there was another PM that I didn't get until a couple weeks after it was sent. Very odd. Maybe you should try again. Then I'll probably get two all of a sudden.

kujichagulia
Japan
Joined 4645 days ago

1031 posts - 1571 votes 

Message 247 of 297
15 January 2013 at 2:10pm | IP Logged 
Brun Ugle wrote:
I didn't get any PM. Did you get a message saying my mailbox was full? It's only about 50%, but I've heard there were problems with that. I did get one from g-bod and from Takato recently though. But there was another PM that I didn't get until a couple weeks after it was sent. Very odd. Maybe you should try again. Then I'll probably get two all of a sudden.

It turns out that my PM situation was due to my having two accounts, so my temporary account (Helemano) was deleted. I'll PM you again in a second.

By the way, because that account was deleted, I'm back to posting in my old kujichagulia thread. Could you change the link in the first post once again? (I'm so sorry!) The direct link to the beginning of my TAC 2013 entries is right here.

kujichagulia
Japan
Joined 4645 days ago

1031 posts - 1571 votes 

Message 248 of 297
15 January 2013 at 2:13pm | IP Logged 
@stifa - The 26th is a no-go for me; I have quite a busy weekend coming up. Weekends are usually not as busy as this one, but the main problem is that seldom am I in a situation where I am completely alone in front of the computer and able to chat out loud in Japanese.

This discussion contains 297 messages over 38 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version