Mage
Japan
Joined 5730 days ago

8 posts - 8 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: Japanese

Message 177 of 197
15 July 2008 at 9:29pm | IP Logged 
Dude, why no posts for so long? It seems to have been over 16 days, have you stopped recording your progress? This is possibly the best progress log i have ever seen!!! Please keep going, it has inspired me to begin kanji at at least 50 per day and im going to order assimil and a copy of RTK. Don't stop recording if you can. (^-^)

Edited by Mage on 15 July 2008 at 9:30pm

1 person has voted this message useful

sheetz
United States
Joined 6127 days ago

270 posts - 356 votes 
Studies: Japanese, French, Mandarin

Message 178 of 197
16 July 2008 at 2:29am | IP Logged 
Thanks, Mage! I haven't been posting much cause I'm just doing the same thing and it seems kind of boring to be constantly repeating, "I've read [blank] more pages of Harry Potter..." But, I think I can start adding more sentences from DIJG now that I've mostly digested the ones I've already entered into Anki.

I've also bought HP book 5, so I'll begin that once i finished book 4.

sheetz
United States
Joined 6127 days ago

270 posts - 356 votes 

Message 179 of 197
25 July 2008 at 5:14pm | IP Logged 
I'm now 1/4 of the way through Goblet of Fire. It's such a long book that it's been taking a long time to get to the meat of the story, so I haven't exactly been devouring the pages like I might. Nevertheless, I've come to be able to comprehend many portions of the text quite easily, although I'm not always completely sure of the kanji readings. Still, it's quite amazing that even though I've gone through so many pages already that, in terms of volume of material, even after finishing this book I won't be halfway through the HP series.

I've been meaning to continue working my way through DIBJ, but that just seems so tedious. I need to just suck it up and do it...

Edited by sheetz on 25 July 2008 at 5:15pm

sheetz
United States
Joined 6127 days ago

270 posts - 356 votes 

Message 180 of 197
12 August 2008 at 10:07pm | IP Logged 
I'm probably going to bail on this year's TAC. Although I still spend time every day on Japanese, I just have other things to take care of and I simply can't devote more than an hour per day on language study. I still intend to finish the Harry Potter series and eventually finish working my way through the Dictionaries of Japanese Grammar, and will keep updating my progress periodically.

tpiz
Diglot
Groupie
United States
cvillepayne.blogspot
Joined 6114 days ago

77 posts - 79 votes 
Studies: Portuguese, English*, French
Studies: Mandarin, Japanese

Message 181 of 197
13 August 2008 at 9:14am | IP Logged 
Well hey congrats on how for you got, I finished RTK and ever since I´ve been behind, and I haven´t even looked at a japanese charecter in 2 months so I got a LOT of work to do haha.

sheetz
United States
Joined 6127 days ago

270 posts - 356 votes 

Message 182 of 197
26 September 2008 at 3:45pm | IP Logged 
Wow, it's been awhile since I last posted. Just finished Goblet of Fire. Great book, lots of twists and turns. Will be starting book 5.

Also updated the list of audiobooks.

vtedin
Argentina
Joined 5760 days ago

2 posts - 2 votes
Speaks: Spanish*

Message 183 of 197
20 October 2008 at 11:57am | IP Logged 
I hve just bought a copy of Kawabata´s Snow Conuntry meant to be read with T-Time book reader. This program allows you to read the book in your computer but it is not possible to print or change the format. I want to convert into txt and upload the book into my Casio XD-GW9600 so I can use its built in dictionaries. ¿Anybody knows how can I do this?

Virgilio

oggthegoblin
United Kingdom
Joined 5655 days ago

3 posts - 3 votes
Studies: Japanese

Message 184 of 197
29 October 2008 at 12:34pm | IP Logged 
can i ask where you got the harry potter audeo?

This discussion contains 197 messages over 25 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version