Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

zu verrückt für euch/Rätsel|Adv|En TAC’15

Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
812 messages over 102 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9 ... 101 102 Next >>
Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
last.fm/user/viadivaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4022 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 
Speaks: Russian*, English
Studies: German, Italian, French, Swedish, Esperanto, Czech, Greek

Message 65 of 812
02 September 2013 at 3:31pm | IP Logged 
Nothing interesting in lesson 4, only weil and sumular to them damit, dass, wenn, ob, wann plus construction , um ... zu Ven as answer to Wozu?. Not even worth be named part 2 of log or somewhat like that.
Ok, I'll try to watch Atlas Shrugged Part 2. I have not very good thoughts about this comparing to book, but still I feel that I need to watch it now.
I'll be checking for recommendations connected with my previous post... well, I'll be checking anyway :)

Music while typing: Rage - In a nameless time (Lingua Mortis version ^_^)
1 person has voted this message useful

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4022 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 66 of 812
03 September 2013 at 3:09pm | IP Logged 
3rd of September
Lesson 5 is quite simple. Somehow it could be hard to believe that Akkusativ is that simple, but these simple examples and explanations have got to me relatively easy.
But I really do not get why teacher didn't tell about difference in articles and their usage, it's not that time consuming as one might think.
Anyway, she told that we shouldn't learn articles if we have bad memory because there's always a dictionary. Also she explained that gender is marked with m/f/n though I have heard that for German it is much more effective to mark in this way r/i/s - last article letters just making more sense in all this insanity.
Having arrived at university early (hehe, just as I always do) I did daily Anki task. Yesterday I added something new (oh, Google Almighty Translate, I hope that you really know which gender should be in every case), and, of course, some words just do not fixing in my memory.
Actually, I think that I'll be using Anki for my chemical English too. I hope that it'll be easier to learn required words that way instead of writing mini-dictionary with your harsh handwriting:

original :)
Atlas Shrugged Part 2 could've been good if not 1) cast changing 2) awful effects 3)... 6/10 (7/10 for the first part)
Actually, I'm not the very big fan of Ayn Rand (also known as Алиса Зиновьевна Розенбаум, in case if you not know), but somehow her books are interest me. I do not agree with them fully, but some interesting points plus somewhat honest style make their black business...

Music while typing: Rammstein - Mehr (der Text ist fantastisch!)

prz_
Tetraglot
Poland
last.fm/user/prz_rul
Joined 4647 days ago

890 posts - 1190 votes 
Speaks: Polish*, English, Bulgarian, Croatian
Studies: Slovenian, Macedonian, Persian, Russian, Turkish, Ukrainian, Dutch, Swedish, German, Italian, Armenian, Kurdish

Message 67 of 812
03 September 2013 at 10:58pm | IP Logged 
Эти журналы потрясающие :D Действительно.

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4022 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 68 of 812
04 September 2013 at 1:27am | IP Logged 
prz_, are you talking about my log? Literally you wrote "These logs are amazing, really". I'm a doubtful person and I really need to check anything I do not fully understand :D

tarvos
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2012
China
likeapolyglot.wordpr
Joined 4495 days ago

5310 posts - 9399 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English, Swedish, French, Russian, German, Italian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Romanian, Afrikaans
Studies: Greek, Modern Hebrew, Spanish, Portuguese, Czech, Korean, Esperanto, Finnish

Message 69 of 812
04 September 2013 at 10:18am | IP Logged 
этот журнал потрясающий, в этом плане я с ним согласен.

Edited by tarvos on 04 September 2013 at 12:51pm

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4022 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 70 of 812
04 September 2013 at 10:52am | IP Logged 
*author went blush*
Well, if these posts are really tremendous/ breathtaking/ fabulous or whatever you're both thinking, I'm off to study a little bit German, hence, to get an opportunity to write whole log's post today, hehe :)
P.S. If this was ironic you better to be straight and honest. I do have sense of humour, but it easily shuts down when I'm expecting some criticism :)
P.P.S. tarvos, журнал потрясающий due to masculine gender of the noun журнал :)

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4022 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 71 of 812
04 September 2013 at 12:41pm | IP Logged 
4th of September
Another kinda fast lesson 6 was dedicated to Dativ. I suppose that the most weird thing about German cases is that they're unpredictable. Our brand Russian case with similar name дательный has two questions: кому? чему? In German we have to add где? and this exact point are making mess in our heads.
Actually, there's the same situation with Akkusativ when to our common кого? что? we add куда?...
My patience went thin and I looked into wiki to fing out about German Genetiv. Wessen?, as rapidly tells me Google Almighty Translate, is our "чье?". No extra questions.
My patience exploded and I looked into lesson 7. There will be past tense (eventually) and nothing about Genetiv. Well, Wikipedia says that "родительный падеж достаточно редко употребляется в немецком языке", but it's not the thing that should cheer me up when I'll try to translate something with noun and adjective in Genetiv.
Well, but that's not the end of the story. Since we know about Akkusativ and Dativ, we have to know the difference between. There were two exercises, but only one was about guessing right article. I stuck in wonder when checking the very first sentence.
I wrote this:

In file with answers I saw that:

But when I actually thought about what should be right, I realized that my pronunciation would make no difference between den and dem. And if I'll ever made a mistake of this type in written, I would say that it's very easy to mix up "m" and "n", hehe...
But I really want to know about that sentence - should there be Akkusativ ot Dativ?

Actually, I should just learn German on Wednesdays intensively due to the fact that in our schedule there is only Physical Chemistry on Wednesdays... Only one lection blown up my mind when our teacher decided to proof that one can get ideal gas law from kinetic theory of gases and to show the POWER of statistical thermodynamics. If I'll survive that hell of a semester...

Anyway, I should do something very English now. Only one lesson tomorrow is English (first week, hehe), and I need to be good tomorrow. I need to be good on at least one subject! *hysteria*

Music while typing: Opeth - Godhead's Lament

Josquin
Heptaglot
Germany
Joined 4632 days ago

2266 posts - 3992 votes 
Speaks: German*, English, French, Latin, Italian, Russian, Swedish
Studies: Japanese, Irish, Portuguese, Persian

Message 72 of 812
04 September 2013 at 12:48pm | IP Logged 
Accusative is correct here: "Ich frage den Mann nach dem Weg."

It's true that the genitive isn't used very often in colloquial language, but it's not like it doesn't exist at all.

3 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 812 messages over 102 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 810 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version