Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4960 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, Norwegian, French, English, Italian, Papiamento
Studies: Mandarin, Georgian, Russian

Message 289 of 415
22 August 2014 at 11:12pm | IP Logged 
Tout est rentré dans l'ordre à présent. Cette semaine j'ai pu étudier tout ce que j'étude d'ordinaire et j'ai remarqué des progrès considérables en géorgien et en russe.

Вчера я закончил чтение Colloquial Russian 2. Это хороший учебник, хотя эта учиться было мне неудобно, потому что не были переводы.
K счастью, я нашел сайт с OCR и начал переводить все. Я узнал много полезных и важных слов. Теперь я буду учиться LL RUssian Advanced, а затем Assimil.

Awor ku m'a lesa kaba Colloquial Russian 2, mi tin mas tempu pa siña otro kos. Mi tabata gasta mashá tempu pa tradusí tur e palabranan i frasinan ku mi no por a komprone na ruso.Tokante di mi studionan di papiamentu, mi no a hasa nada di nobo. M'a sigui skucha videonan kortiku di notisia i mi ta lesa e novela 'Sombra di Recuerdo" di Quito Nicolaas tambe.

მიუხედევად იმისა, რომ თედის დიალოგები ძალიან სასარგებლო იყო ჩემთვის, მიხარია, რომ დაამთავრე. საბოლოდ შემიძლია ნამდვილი ქართულის ვიდეობი ვუყურო. გუშინ შუა ქალაქშის პირველე სეზონის, პირველი სერიას ხედვა დავიწყო. მგონია, ძალიან საინტერეოა. ცოტა გავიგებ, და იმედი მაქვს, რომ მალე საკმარისი მესმის მოთხრობიდან და დიალოგებიდან, იმისათვის, რომ კარგი სწავლის დრო მექნება. ახალი წიგნის წერაც დავიწყო. ეს რომანია პორტუგალიელი მწერალიდან, ამ მწერალი სარამაგო ჰქვია.

Selv om jeg skriver mer om russisk og georgisk, er jeg også fornøyd med norsken min. Det er sant at jeg ikke leser 'intensiv' på norsk og jeg ser opp ikke så mange nye ord, men jeg synes norsken min er ikke så verst nå, særlig når det gjelder å snakke. Noen ganger norske ord duker opp i hodet mitt og jeg blir overrasket at jeg kan si noe på norsk som jeg ikke trodde jeg kunne si. Jeg gleder meg til å se på andre norske filmer (jeg holder på å se på Kong Curling) og jeg håper jeg kan se og forstå noen videoer uten undertekster.

Und ich weiß noch nicht, welche von meiner Sprache besser ist, Norwegisch oder Deutsch. Norwegisch spreche ich besser, glaube ich, aber vielleicht verstehe ich besser, was ich auf Deutsch lese, weil auf Deutsch lese ich öfter aktuelle journalistische Texte.

我怎么能忘记汉语?最近我在看很有意思的中 国节目!即使《大耳朵图图第5部》的新情节 太有趣,我还喜欢看。我把中国节目越来越 楚。我希望我有很多机会练习中国!
1 person has voted this message useful

tarvos
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2012
China
likeapolyglot.wordpr
Joined 4501 days ago

5310 posts - 9399 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English, Swedish, French, Russian, German, Italian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Romanian, Afrikaans
Studies: Greek, Modern Hebrew, Spanish, Portuguese, Czech, Korean, Esperanto, Finnish

Message 290 of 415
23 August 2014 at 10:51am | IP Logged 
I just surfed round a bit on the web and found out that there are apparently Dutch-
Georgian/Georgian-Dutch dictionaries. They're not prohibitively expensive either (but are
they any good? Who knows). Maybe time to delve into Georgian someday? :O

Arnaud25
Diglot
France
Joined 3636 days ago

129 posts - 235 votes 
Speaks: French*, English
Studies: Russian

Message 291 of 415
23 August 2014 at 11:44am | IP Logged 
Что это такое LL Russian advanced?
Мне любопытно :) но не нашёл через Гугл.

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4960 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 

Message 292 of 415
24 August 2014 at 10:37pm | IP Logged 
tarvos wrote:
I just surfed round a bit on the web and found out that there are
apparently Dutch-
Georgian/Georgian-Dutch dictionaries. They're not prohibitively expensive either (but are
they any good? Who knows). Maybe time to delve into Georgian someday? :O

I'm sure you'd like it, tarvos! Georgians are among the nicest and most welcoming people
I've met! And the language is fascinating, too. What dictionary is that, i'm curious...

Arnaud25 wrote:
Что это такое LL Russian advanced?
Мне любопытно :) но не нашёл через Гугл.

это Living Language Ultimate Russian Advanced =D
2 persons have voted this message useful

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4960 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 

Message 293 of 415
25 August 2014 at 10:50pm | IP Logged 
Last weekend I made my first phone call in English ever. My cousin had some issues with her Amazon account and I tried to sort it out. Looks like the orders have been shipped, so...Only the volume was ok, but this is due to my phone being VoIP. The girl from Amazon also wouldn't allow me to talk much, but I could understand her like fluent and make myself understood, almost as if I were having a conversation in Portuguese.
I still haven't done this for any other languages which are even worsee than my English, but I hope I will. I know phone calls are among the most difficult listening situations and I'm glad it worked out.

kujichagulia
Japan
Joined 4641 days ago

1031 posts - 1571 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Japanese, Portuguese

Message 294 of 415
26 August 2014 at 5:44am | IP Logged 
Expugnator wrote:
Last weekend I made my first phone call in English ever. My cousin had some issues with her Amazon account and I tried to sort it out. Looks like the orders have been shipped, so...Only the volume was ok, but this is due to my phone being VoIP. The girl from Amazon also wouldn't allow me to talk much, but I could understand her like fluent and make myself understood, almost as if I were having a conversation in Portuguese.
I still haven't done this for any other languages which are even worsee than my English, but I hope I will. I know phone calls are among the most difficult listening situations and I'm glad it worked out.

Awesome!

I've made several phone calls in Japanese, in many varied situations, from asking about a problem with my credit card, to setting up a clinic appointment, to ordering a pizza. And I can't really say that I understood the other person as if I was fluent, even though I was able to get by with no major problems. So if you felt like that, that is very, very good in my opinion.

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4960 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 

Message 295 of 415
26 August 2014 at 9:50pm | IP Logged 
If you managed to get by with no major problems then it's about time you update your language status... ;)

Russian got considerably improved in the past weeks. I may be close to a B1 now, even though I know next to nothing about cases, actively speaking. Russian seems like the language of the year - I'm closer than ever to my goal of reading with a dictionary.

Basic Course in Estonian teaches you a lot, even though I think I'm a bit overwhelmed. I even considered dropping Estonian. Currently at lesson 26 and I already feel I can learn with the help of a translation and learn the new words in a not so overwhelming way (a stage that took much longer to achieve in Russian). Though no clues about the cases, which are much harder than the Georgian or the Russian ones. So many subtleties.

I seriously need to insert an activity of short, intensive reading for Georgian - news items, for example. Georgian reading is lagging behind at the SC. As for watching the TV series, I hope I can understand more and more.

Now Norwegian...I started watching Død Snø and it looks promising. Found Norwegian subtitles. I'm more and more convinced that my speaking skills are better than I assume they are. I'm quite often surprised at how I can say something in Norwegian I thought I wouldn't know. Even when I mistake one word for another, I can unpuzzle it on my own, like today with pust and støv. Just like with French. my main source of anxiety is not knowing which level I am at exactly. Today I read my Norwegian excerpt quite fast, nearly 1 page a minute. The problem with Norwegian is that the words I miss are few, less than 5% maybe, but they are essential for the meaning. It's all a matter of working on looking them up and I will soon see a boost in comprehension, but I'm still too lazy to do it for my current resource. Maybe when I find a more interesting or familiar novel. Finishing the SC for Norwegian involves budget planning, since even the ebooks are so expensive. I'm planning on finishing what I've gathered through the internet - which may account for almost 1000 pages plus the 790 I've already read - then I will buy a novel that seems interesting and up-to-date and then when I'm done with the SC I will stick to reading the news.

Finished reading my first book in German ever! It was a non-fiction. I will keep working or non-fiction, on themes I'd be reading in Portuguese or English, for a while. I have to take advantage of the sheer amount of books on my hitlist which have been translated into German from English or even from Portuguese. I've seen a considerable improvement from this book. Like I said, German reading seems better than Norwegian, while I speak Norwegian better. It is much harder to manage to speak German, though, as I know next to nothing about cases actively.

tarvos
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2012
China
likeapolyglot.wordpr
Joined 4501 days ago

5310 posts - 9399 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English, Swedish, French, Russian, German, Italian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Romanian, Afrikaans
Studies: Greek, Modern Hebrew, Spanish, Portuguese, Czech, Korean, Esperanto, Finnish

Message 296 of 415
26 August 2014 at 10:32pm | IP Logged 
I don't remember the name of the dictionary unfortunately, but there are actually two and
I found them on www.intertaal.nl (they sell loads of language stuff for Dutch people).

This discussion contains 415 messages over 52 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version