FIA: L14
Fluenz: niveau 3, L10
FSA MF Level 1: L4
Hugo: revue
Linguaphone All talk: CD9
FC's: j'ai perdu plus ou moins 750 cartes,
J'ai eu 6000 cartes avant, et 5250 après,
et cette semaine maintenant j'ai encore ajouté beaucoup
de cartes, Alors maintenant j'ai 5574 cartes.
Je pense que je peux traduire 95% de ces cartes.

PM
1 person has voted this message useful

enrdbrow
United Kingdom
Joined 4322 days ago

19 posts - 30 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: French

Message 18 of 451
19 January 2014 at 1:35pm | IP Logged 
Hi PM,
That's quite an extensive list of material you're going to be working on this year. I like an ambitious plan! I'm sorry to hear about the button mishap with Flashcard Deluxe but I can relate to that as I had a similar problem recently with my ANKI app when my phone decided to update and sync to the web account automatically. All my recently input decks were lost. Like yourself and Jeffers, I'm a bit of a course collector myself. I have a nasty habit of spending too much time planning what to do and not actually doing it.

How would you rate your experience with the Paul Noble course? Would you say it was worth doing as well as the Michel Thomas courses or do they cover similar content? I'm only asking because my local library has a copy of the course so I wouldn't need to buy it.

Thank you for the recommendation of the Hugo course in my log. I do have access to both that and the advanced edition so I may consider going down that route after my whirlwind tour with TY French.

I wish great success this year!
DB

PeterMollenburg
AustraliaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5226 days ago

821 posts - 1273 votes 
Studies: FrenchB1

Message 19 of 451
19 January 2014 at 11:16pm | IP Logged 
enrdbrow wrote:

How would you rate your experience with the Paul Noble course? Would you say it was worth doing as well
as the Michel Thomas courses or do they cover similar content? I'm only asking because my local library has
a copy of the course so I wouldn't need to buy it.
DB

Hey DB,

Good question...

I wouldn't recommend Paul Noble if you've already done some work with Michel Thomas. To be more specific
if you've completed Perfect French (which if you have an older version of MT is basically the first 9 CDs of MT
plus a couple vocab CDs) then I wouldn't bother with Paul Noble. It's very similar. You will literally get a
handful of new words out of it if that. To a complete beginner i'd recommend Paul Noble as it's very clearly
spoken (including the English instructions) as opposed to MT which i think can be slightly unclear at times.
Then move onto MT which moves faster imo. But for yourself if you want to save time don't bother. If you
want to reinforce material that you feel isn't sticking or you have time anyway then ok, it's a good course but
you won't come across anything new. If you can get your hands on Linguaphone french all talk you will get
more out of that as the way you interact, the way the course is laid out and the vocab is different enough for
you to not be wasting your time (and that's coming having completed MT perfect French, Total French &
Masterclass, plus Paul Noble & PImsleur 1 & 2) ie there's still a fair amount of new stuff in Linguaphone all
talk.

PM

Edited by PeterMollenburg on 19 January 2014 at 11:19pm

PeterMollenburg
Joined 5226 days ago

821 posts - 1273 votes 

Message 20 of 451
19 January 2014 at 11:25pm | IP Logged 
I've just calculated it's 57 days until I can sit a B1 French test or 58 for B2 (B2 prob too ambitious) at Alliance
Française de Melbourne...
----------------------------------
Alors maintenant je fais Assimil NFWE 60ème Leçon. Si je fais une leçon par jour
je finirai le cours trois ou quatre jours avant l'examen... Donc, maintenant, je dois finir une leçon de Assimil
chaque jour avant que je fasse les autres cours (chaque jour)...
-----------------------------------
EN translation:
Well, now I'm doing Assimil NFWE 60th Lesson. If I do one lesson per day I will finish the course three or four
days before the exam. So, now, I should finish a lesson of Assimil each day before I do the other courses
(each day)

Edited by PeterMollenburg on 01 February 2014 at 4:04am

Jeffers
United Kingdom
Joined 4659 days ago

2151 posts - 3960 votes 
Studies: Hindi, Ancient Greek, French, Sanskrit, German

Message 21 of 451
20 January 2014 at 1:13pm | IP Logged 
Wow! I'm looking forward to hearing how the AF exam goes.

Stelle
Bilingual Triglot
Canada
tobefluent.com
Joined 3894 days ago

949 posts - 1686 votes 
Speaks: French*, English*, Spanish
Studies: Tagalog

Message 22 of 451
20 January 2014 at 10:36pm | IP Logged 
Bonne chance getting ready for your test! I think that if you're going to sit an official test, you really do need to do
some conversation practice. I wouldn't want my first real conversation to take place during a test. Yikes!

And once you get your B1, maybe you'll feel confident enough to add some native materials to your study routine. ;)

Bon courage! Continue le beau travail!

Mohave
United States
justpaste.it/Mohave1
Joined 3757 days ago

291 posts - 444 votes 
Studies: French

Message 23 of 451
20 January 2014 at 11:53pm | IP Logged 
PeterMollenburg wrote:
I've just calculated it's 57 days until I can sit a B1 French test or 58 for B2 (B2
prob too ambitious) at Alliance
Française de Melbourne... Alors maintenant je fais Assimil NFWE 60ème Leçon. Si je fais une leçon par jour
je finirai le cours trois ou quatre jours avant l'examen... Donc, maintenant, je dois finir une leçon de Assimil
chaque jour avant que je fasse les autres cours (chaque jour)...

Best of luck on your exam! Can't wait to hear your results! I've started following your log.

PeterMollenburg
Joined 5226 days ago

821 posts - 1273 votes 

Message 24 of 451
21 January 2014 at 1:24am | IP Logged 
Stelle wrote:
Bonne chance getting ready for your test! I think that if you're going to sit an official test, you
really do need to do
some conversation practice. I wouldn't want my first real conversation to take place during a test. Yikes!

And once you get your B1, maybe you'll feel confident enough to add some native materials to your study
routine. ;)

Bon courage! Continue le beau travail!

Tu as raison Stelle. En ce moment on a installé l'internet chez nous aujourd'hui. (j'utilise l'internet sur mon
portable normalement puisque nous avons récemment acheté cette maison, alors aucune connection pour
l'internet). Si ça marchera très bien, je commencerai à parler avec les Français (quelqu'un qui sache parler
français au même niveau que mon anglais) avec un programme comme Skype ou italki.

Merci Stelle,

PM

This discussion contains 451 messages over 57 pages: << Prev 1 24 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version