Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 5089 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, Norwegian, French, English, Italian, Papiamento
Studies: Mandarin, Georgian, Russian

Message 113 of 338
06 November 2012 at 9:09pm | IP Logged 
I need help from someone who has already bought digitalbok.no . I've just signed up and bought one ebook. I have yet to know if my card will deal alright with those krona, but as I joined the Mine ebøker page I downloaded the ebook at a ACSM format. Now I want to know how to handle it either at the computer (preferrably) or the iPad. Any help?

EDIT: It worked!! Much cheaper than expected. Now I only hope everything goes well with my card and the krona. If this relationship proves effective, I may get several other books from that site. When I remember that there were a lot of gratis e-bøkker there a few weeks ago!

Jeg har nettopp laste ned Kabalmysteriet fra Jostein Gaarder og ville gjerne lese dn bøken sammen med den brasilianske oversettelsen "O dia do curinga" =D

EDIT AGAIN: Digital books are not free of taxes like paperback books. I have no idea how much the Brazilian treasure will charge me for importing this book, myabe twice as much as the book's price or even more. I don't know how am I supposed to pay the tax, if I'll receive a bill or if it will be directly summed up to the card bill. It's all details that have to be solved up before I feel free to buy more ebooks from Norway. It was a thrilling but nice first experience though.

Edited by Expugnator on 06 November 2012 at 9:32pm

2 persons have voted this message useful

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 5089 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 

Message 114 of 338
12 November 2012 at 7:21pm | IP Logged 
I haven't updated for a while and I did skip a few days, being still at Assimil's lesson 75. I'm really happy about my purchase, I have to control myself not to buy the whole collection at once, because those ebooks from Norway aren't really cheap. So, I want to finish Assimil until the end of the year and then I may try another textbook while I also try to read Kabalmysteriet along with its translation. I'm sure I'm going to enjoy it as I did like Sofies Verden. Until then, only Assimil and its loads of vocabulary, which at least I start to get used to.
1 person has voted this message useful

tractor
Tetraglot
Norway
Joined 5376 days ago

1349 posts - 2292 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, English, Spanish, Catalan
Studies: French, German, Latin

Message 115 of 338
12 November 2012 at 10:46pm | IP Logged 
Expugnator wrote:

EDIT AGAIN: Digital books are not free of taxes like paperback books. I have no idea how much the Brazilian
treasure will charge me for importing this book, myabe twice as much as the book's price or even more. I don't
know how am I supposed to pay the tax, if I'll receive a bill or if it will be directly summed up to the card bill. It's all
details that have to be solved up before I feel free to buy more ebooks from Norway. It was a thrilling but nice first
experience though.

I've never had Norwegian authorities charging me VAT or any other tax for digital downloads from another country
(unless Norwegian VAT was already included in the price). I guess they haven't figured out how to enforce
Norwegian VAT and customs regulations on the Internet. If you're lucky, Brazilian Customs haven't either.
3 persons have voted this message useful

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 5089 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 

Message 116 of 338
13 November 2012 at 4:08pm | IP Logged 
While we're at it, tractor, which other libraries do you recommend? I ordered from digitalbok.no but the same book was on sale for 29kr. (compared to 125 kr at digitalbok.no) at another library, not one specialized on e-books, though. Can't remember the library now, I bookmarked its URL at home.

I also got a gratis book from digitalbok.no , they often give away some different books over there.

I just called the bank and the price charged was what I expected, no extra, obscure taxes! I just regret not having searched at another libraries first, I could have got it even cheaper. But I'm sure I'll be doing this for the next books.
2 persons have voted this message useful

tractor
Tetraglot
Norway
Joined 5376 days ago

1349 posts - 2292 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, English, Spanish, Catalan
Studies: French, German, Latin

Message 117 of 338
13 November 2012 at 5:18pm | IP Logged 
Expugnator wrote:
While we're at it, tractor, which other libraries do you recommend?

I don't know. I have never bought a Norwegian e-book....

You could try the National Library of Norway. They have scanned in lots of older Norwegian
books and offer them as free downloads:
http://www.nb.no/

Edited by tractor on 13 November 2012 at 5:18pm

3 persons have voted this message useful

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 5089 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 

Message 118 of 338
13 November 2012 at 9:17pm | IP Logged 
Jeg har nettopp lest noen sider av boken "Candide", av den franske forfatteren Voltaire. Det er ikke den norske oversettelsen, men den opprinelige franske teksten som jeg leser sammen med en portugisisk oversettelse, der jeg kaster et blikk hver gang jeg ikke er så sikkert om betydningen av en setning. Unødvendig å si, noen objekter er så spesifikke for at århundre at jeg ikke engang vet hva de betyr på portugisisk, som vanligvis er en fransk kognat uansett.

Når jeg begynte å interessere meg om språk (det var året 2000) jeg trodde ikke at jeg skulle kunne snart besøke andre land. Denne muligheten for, i flere år, å være i stand til å lese viktige litteratur på originalspråket representerte den viktigste fordelen jeg kunne få fra språklæring. Tølv år senere har jeg endelig funnet tiden for å lære språk flittig og få de første resultatene. Det var den andre bok jeg leste på fransk, men det finnes sikkert mange bøker som jeg ville snart begynne å lese i norsk, namelig Jostein Gaarders bøker jeg har kjøpt og vil holde å kjøpe og andre romaner som virker interessant.

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 5089 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 

Message 119 of 338
14 November 2012 at 4:28pm | IP Logged 
It was ark.no where I found discounts for ebooks. For some reason I can't sign in.

EDIT: I wrote to their kundesenter, in English. I got an automessage in Norwegian, which I didn't have trouble to understand =D I start to share emk's delight in practicing your target language with the customers service! On the other hand, the automated message states that I can check the progress of my request at "Din side", but how can I do so if I my complaint is exactly about the fact I can't register? =D

Edited by Expugnator on 14 November 2012 at 4:57pm

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 5089 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 

Message 120 of 338
19 November 2012 at 6:17pm | IP Logged 
[RANT] I e-mailed ark.no on Wednesday, and until now they still haven't been able to answer me with an account for me to buy from their site. I informed them what was happening and said I couldn't have my request complete at the site no matter how I tried to fill missing blanks.

Assimil's final lessons are full of less important words. I don't know their French counterparts either, and I'm already near B2 at French. They seem to make a choice for the most literary or dialectal form for ordinary concepts, specially verbs. I can't wait to finish it and use other books that will teach me more useful vocabulary. Currently at lesson 80, so I think I'll be done before Christmas. [/RANT]

Edited by Expugnator on 19 November 2012 at 6:21pm

This discussion contains 338 messages over 43 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version