ScotlandRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4995 days ago

1468 posts - 2413 votes 
Speaks: English*, Italian, French
Studies: Spanish

Message 17 of 361
05 December 2011 at 4:28pm | IP Logged 
Of course!

French - currently my knowledge and understanding is advanced (C1 probably) but my speaking fluency and accent still need some work, so my goal is to improve these.
Italian - beginner to conversational.

They're the definites. I might also pick up some Spanish later on in the year but that very much depends on how much progress I make on the others, and since it's difficult to predict how my life's going to go for the next year it's hard to estimate how much time, opportunity, or desire I'll have for working on my languages.

Say what you like about me "cheating" with all these very similar Romance languages; guess it's just a happy coincidence that the three languages that interest me most all happen to have a lot in common!

Edited by garyb on 05 December 2011 at 4:42pm

1 person has voted this message useful

mcsice
United States
Joined 4561 days ago

13 posts - 14 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish

Message 18 of 361
05 December 2011 at 4:50pm | IP Logged 
I would like to join a team for TAC 2012.

I have been participating in the 6WC for the first time and it has been a great source of motivation for me and would love to keep the momentum going.

My target language is Spanish at a beginner level. I want to be conversational by the end of next year. I am considering Italian or French as well depending on my schedule.

Kisfroccs
Bilingual Pentaglot
Switzerland
Joined 5197 days ago

388 posts - 549 votes 
Speaks: French*, German*, EnglishC1, Swiss-German, Hungarian
Studies: Italian, Serbo-Croatian

Message 19 of 361
05 December 2011 at 4:52pm | IP Logged 
Serpent wrote:
would you guys want to join our Slavic/Romance team? :)

Kisfroccs wrote:
I'm low B1 in Hungarian, A1 in Italian and Croatian.
awww Italian and Croatian will probably be the ones I focus on from their groups:)

My main languages focus would be Hungarian and Italian. Hungarian, because I still love this language and will probably never quit it (or entirely :)), and Italian because my job requires it... soon.

Croatian, because the book I work with is really good and I really like it. But I don't think that after july I will have the opportunity to really speak it with someone... and I don't really have the utility for it. So it's really for the fun :).

To answer your question : yes, I'd like. But it would be nice if I had Hribecek as a language partner, he was really nice and supportive. Guess he will study Czech, Spanish and Hungarian, but that's up to him if he will join this year's TAC.

Kisfröccs

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6385 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 20 of 361
05 December 2011 at 5:14pm | IP Logged 
Kisfroccs wrote:

To answer your question : yes, I'd like. But it would be nice if I had Hribecek as a language partner, he was really nice and supportive. Guess he will study Czech, Spanish and Hungarian, but that's up to him if he will join this year's TAC.

Kisfröccs
isn't the tandem/partners thing different from TAC? of course you can be language partners regardless of what teams you're in, and of course Hribecek is very welcome to join the team as well!

Kisfroccs
Bilingual Pentaglot
Switzerland
Joined 5197 days ago

388 posts - 549 votes 
Speaks: French*, German*, EnglishC1, Swiss-German, Hungarian
Studies: Italian, Serbo-Croatian

Message 21 of 361
05 December 2011 at 6:02pm | IP Logged 
Serpent wrote:
Isn't the tandem/partners thing different from TAC? of course you can be language partners regardless of what teams you're in, and of course Hribecek is very welcome to join the team as well!

I meant that we are forming a team together and since the others seems to have left, I refered to him as a partner.

Chung
Diglot
Joined 6944 days ago

4228 posts - 8259 votes 
20 sounds
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: Polish, Slovak, Uzbek, Turkish, Korean, Finnish

Message 22 of 361
05 December 2011 at 6:26pm | IP Logged 
Would anyone be interested in joining a Finno-Ugric team? If not, I'll happily plow along as a lone wolf as I have so far.

a3
Triglot
Bulgaria
Joined 5044 days ago

273 posts - 370 votes 
Speaks: Bulgarian*, English, Russian
Studies: Portuguese, German, Italian, Spanish, Norwegian, Finnish

Message 23 of 361
05 December 2011 at 6:45pm | IP Logged 
Chung wrote:
Would anyone be interested in joining a Finno-Ugric team? If not, I'll happily plow along as a lone wolf as I have so far.
Yes, I'm participating with Finnish.

Chung
Diglot
Joined 6944 days ago

4228 posts - 8259 votes 
20 sounds
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: Polish, Slovak, Uzbek, Turkish, Korean, Finnish

Message 24 of 361
05 December 2011 at 7:04pm | IP Logged 
Have you joined a team yet, a3?

I'd most likely stick with Finnish and Northern Saami while Hungarian is an additional option. I'm not sure yet how to allocate the time for study in the new year.

Is there anyone else wanting to sign up for a Finno-Ugric team? Hribecek? Kisfröccs? DaraghM? Kafea?

This discussion contains 361 messages over 46 pages: << Prev 1 24 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version