Norway
Joined 5127 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 313 of 338
30 October 2013 at 10:44pm | IP Logged 
Expugnator wrote:

Cristina, may I ask you why no more Jostein Gaarder?.

Because anti semitism makes me sick to my stomach, and he wrote an article a few years ago expressing
the wish that Jews be driven out of Israel. I am violently
against any sort of discrimination, but having had a father who sat in a German concentration camp, I am
particularly sensitive to discrimination against Jews.

Edited by Solfrid Cristin on 31 October 2013 at 12:11am

2 persons have voted this message useful

stifa
Triglot
Norway
lang-8.com/448715
Joined 4666 days ago

629 posts - 813 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, EnglishC2, German
Studies: Japanese, Spanish

Message 314 of 338
30 October 2013 at 11:12pm | IP Logged 
Litt småpirk på de mest "alvorlige" feilene.

>> Det går fint med de norske studiene.
"Studiene" passer ikke helt her. Unngå å bruk dette ordet så lenge du ikke snakker om
universitetsstudier. "Norsklæringen" er det ordet jeg ville ha brukt.

>> Jeg lurer på om jeg skal slutte å bruke lærebøker deretter.
Du mener nok "fra nå av" ikke sant?

>> ... men i dag er norsken minn mye bedre enn tysk.
..."bedre enn tysken min"

>> ... - jeg har det veldig bra med disse daglige aktiviteter.
"aktiviteteNE"

--

Jeg likte den videoen du delte... og for å være ærlig trodde jeg at den Nordmøre-
dialekten bare var en parodi før jeg så den her. (Intervjuet var delt på facebook en
del ganger for en stund siden...)

Edited by stifa on 30 October 2013 at 11:25pm

2 persons have voted this message useful

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4959 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, Norwegian, French, English, Italian, Papiamento
Studies: Mandarin, Georgian, Russian

Message 315 of 338
30 October 2013 at 11:34pm | IP Logged 
I see your point, Cristina. Now he has fallen down in my concept too.

Thanks for corrections, stifa, this one has been written in a rush and thus has even more
mistakes than usual. I'm learning nevertheless =D
1 person has voted this message useful

Emme
Triglot
Italy
Joined 5140 days ago

980 posts - 1594 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English, German
Studies: Russian, Swedish, French

Message 316 of 338
31 October 2013 at 9:20pm | IP Logged 
Expugnator wrote:
Watch it while it's fresh!! (And still available).

Looks really great, though I'd need to translate subtitles to get the most out of it.

Dialektriker

That looks like a great programme for language lovers like us and reminds me of its Swedish equivalent Svenska Dialekt Mysterier that I watched last year on SVTPlay.

But just like you with Norwegian, I found that my Swedish, though fairly decent, was still lacking to truly get the most out of that series. Anyway, I’m sure that we can learn a lot even when we don’t reach 100% comprehension, so don’t worry too much if you don’t translate the subtitles. After all, we need to leave those crutches behind sooner or later!

Medulin
Tetraglot
Croatia
Joined 4461 days ago

1199 posts - 2192 votes 
Speaks: Croatian*, English, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Norwegian, Hindi, Nepali

Message 317 of 338
31 October 2013 at 9:34pm | IP Logged 
NRK dialect programs always sound to me like a ''guide to Nynorsk and its accents'' :)
It's funny the Nynorsk-host from W. Telemark calls Norway Norje (like in Swedish) instead of Noreg ;)

Edited by Medulin on 31 October 2013 at 9:41pm

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5127 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 318 of 338
31 October 2013 at 10:45pm | IP Logged 
Medulin wrote:

It's funny the Nynorsk-host from W. Telemark calls Norway Norje (like in Swedish) instead of Noreg ;)

I was a bit puzzled by that. I have never heard Norje being used in any Norwegian dialect before - but there
is such a wide variety that I could not swear that it is not Norwegian. I had so far only heard that used in
Swedish though.

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4959 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 

Message 319 of 338
08 November 2013 at 8:11pm | IP Logged 
I haven't updated my logs lately because I've been rather busy studying, but I've asked some questions
at this
thread
about my current stage of Norwegian and I'd be glad to have some feedback. In short words,
I'm about to run out of textbooks and I was already learning mostly from native resources anyway, but I
was wondering if I should start German and how it would affect my routine with Norwegian.

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4959 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 

Message 320 of 338
13 November 2013 at 5:16pm | IP Logged 
The Norwegian journey goes on! As I havr finished the podcast lessons, I decided to
start reading two grammar books at once. I read about 4 pages at each every day. It is
good to clarify some aspects and learn some more vocabulary. Then I will indeed be done
with textbook learning. So, no German for the next days, maybe not this year.

I'm also done with Framtidslandet which is a nice book with stories for children (but
not that easy). Several stories have dialectal forms and many other are in nynorsk.
That was good practice!

Now I'm reading Slottet i Pyreneene. I got the Brazilian translation standing on my
deks. I thought it would be easier and faster, but maybe I'm just being perfectionist
and don't want to miss a single idiom. I couldn't make it beyond the 10th page today,
and with 232 pages I want to make it at least 10 pages a day so that I can finish it
this year. Then I'd like to start a book with audio, I know there are many options
around even though they may not have a Portuguese translation. It is about time to be
more independent (or find a better dictionary), anyway. I wasn't using translation for
Framtidslandet and even though it slowed me down when looking words up and sometimes I
got a bit lost on some meanings, I could still understand the story comfortably almost
always.

As for the series, I'm already at Koselig med peis after having done Dag, Hellfjord and
Lilyhammer (at this order - maybe I forgot another one, as Norwegian series are all so
short). I have a few ones scheduled. It's been a lot of fun! I can say I'm already
having a great time with the little Norwegian I learned, as I have been reading nice
books and watched interesting series.

This discussion contains 338 messages over 43 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version