Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

TAC09 Russian & Hungarian (#lal) (+Nor.)

Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
172 messages over 22 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 ... 21 22 Next >>
tricoteuse
Pentaglot
Norway
littlang.blogspot.co
Joined 6466 days ago

745 posts - 845 votes 
Speaks: Swedish*, Norwegian, EnglishC1, Russian, French
Studies: Ukrainian, Bulgarian

Message 97 of 172
08 April 2009 at 11:52am | IP Logged 
HUNGARIAN

I still haven't finished Assimil 43, but I think I have Anki:ed all the words I wanted from it now, so it ought to be rather easy by now. I've read the second FSI Easy Reader text, which was one of those annoying family connection texts (I believe it's a Mark Twain text) that I have trouble understanding in any language. "My father married my step-daughter so now she is my… "etc. I know like 3 different words for "to get married" now -_- It contained lots of good linking words though, and overall it was easy to understand! Way easier than the first text was when I started with that one.

RUSSIAN

A new penpal, reading (other log) and a few grammar exercises.

FRENCH

I've been reading "L'Amour, La fantasia" and "Segou", as well as "Catherine II". And writing. Sometimes I feel like French is running away from me.

NORWEGIAN

Ah that poor thing. :|

Edited by tricoteuse on 08 April 2009 at 11:55am

1 person has voted this message useful

tricoteuse
Pentaglot
Norway
littlang.blogspot.co
Joined 6466 days ago

745 posts - 845 votes 

Message 98 of 172
11 April 2009 at 11:22pm | IP Logged 
HUNGARIAN

Assimil 43 is really annoying me, so I decided to do something else :) I have finished it though… I think. I started reading Mondókák készségfejlesztő versikék. Just a little bit though. I've also been chatting a bit on Sharedtalk.

RUSSIAN

Some more reading for my essay, grammar exercises (I've done 1/4 of the book) and some online grammar exercises, plus some e-mails and such.

FRENCH

Reading and writing on my essay.

tricoteuse
Pentaglot
Norway
littlang.blogspot.co
Joined 6466 days ago

745 posts - 845 votes 

Message 99 of 172
20 April 2009 at 7:47am | IP Logged 
HUNGARIAN

Seems I forgot to update! I did Assimil 44, but now Hungarian is on hold for a while until I come home from Russia. I need to finish all my essays and consolidate my Russian, so Hungarian will have to wait for a bit ;)

RUSSIAN

I've continued with some grammar exercises and they arrived at the MOTION VERBS part. My eternal nemesis. All of a sudden I have several Russian penpals as well, so I'm writing quite a lot of emails these days.   
Last Sunday and yesterday was Article Day (now revived) so I've read 1,5 articles. I'll finish yesterday's article today.

FRENCH

I've read 220 pages of Segou so far and a bit more than half of Catherine la Grande. Essay wise I'm at 18/20-something pages for one essay, 6/5-8 pages for another and at almost 6 pages for my 8-12 pages one. On Friday I presented my Gaston Miron poem analysis at an online seminar and it went really well. What I have left to do is record an exposé and prepare another live one that I haven't even thought about yet, and answer three questions about Assia Djebar's L'Amour, La Fantasia (that I also finished).

tricoteuse
Pentaglot
Norway
littlang.blogspot.co
Joined 6466 days ago

745 posts - 845 votes 

Message 100 of 172
23 April 2009 at 11:07pm | IP Logged 
RUSSIAN

Hmm… I've been reading some, writing 2 Russian e-mails, thinking to myself in Russian while walking ;)   

FRENCH

I'm at page 300 for Segou and 75% or so for Catherine, plus I've been working on my essays and other course works. Nothing very revolutionary ;) I'm oddly looking forward to start working with a improved writing course in French. I will do that AFTER I finish my essays though. I know I don't need it for the classes, my written French is just fine for University level, but I sometimes feel like I repeat myself a bit too often and I'm starting to doubt some phrases I use. Do they really exist or have I made them up?

tricoteuse
Pentaglot
Norway
littlang.blogspot.co
Joined 6466 days ago

745 posts - 845 votes 

Message 101 of 172
06 May 2009 at 6:01pm | IP Logged 
RUSSIAN

Reading! Lots of reading! But that's in the other log, as usual. I've been doing some grammar exercises, but not many at all. And very little writing since my left elbow seems to have invited tendinitis right back in.

FRENCH

Catherine is done since a while back and I have finished all my essays. Did some speaking today at an online seminar, but it mostly felt really really bad. Meh.
I started a language blog, and I wrote one entry in French in it.

NORWEGIAN

I'm working on a very bad lang-8 post.

tricoteuse
Pentaglot
Norway
littlang.blogspot.co
Joined 6466 days ago

745 posts - 845 votes 

Message 102 of 172
13 May 2009 at 8:28pm | IP Logged 
RUSSIAN

I've been trying to do at least three exercises a day. I really hope they are working, but I can't tell yet. So far I've done half the book. I can't really decide what to do with Russian right now, I feel a bit lost, so I'm just continuing with my books. I hope that after Russia I will have a clearer idea of what to do.

FRENCH

Just a blog post some days ago.

tricoteuse
Pentaglot
Norway
littlang.blogspot.co
Joined 6466 days ago

745 posts - 845 votes 

Message 103 of 172
02 June 2009 at 2:35pm | IP Logged 
So I went away for a bit, to Samara and Moscow. I'll be writing a bit about it on my blog and on lang-8. Speaking Russian sure was hard, but I did manage! I will post a list of all the books I bought in the other log, and one of these days I'll make some sort of study plan for the summer. For Russian, it will mostly be reading. I have lots of stuff to catch up with now that I'm home though (although I only had ca 1000 reps in Anki waiting thanks to some planning :) and then I'll get back on track. Hopefully.

tricoteuse
Pentaglot
Norway
littlang.blogspot.co
Joined 6466 days ago

745 posts - 845 votes 

Message 104 of 172
03 June 2009 at 8:54pm | IP Logged 
HUNGARIAN

Yay, I caught up with my Hungarian Anki as well. It was much harder than the Russian though, I had forgotten many words. Today and yesterday I repeated and finished Assimil 44 and started on 45. I've also done some reviewing around lesson 20-->. I feel like I have forgotten a whole lot, so I need to study it quite intensively now. French is on BIG HOLD for at least a month.

RUSSIAN

Nothing much. I wrote a blog post about the immersion trip.

This discussion contains 172 messages over 22 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version