Diglot
Germany
Joined 6962 days ago

368 posts - 548 votes 
Speaks: English*, GermanC2
Studies: Spanish, Russian

Message 49 of 200
31 January 2010 at 9:28pm | IP Logged 
That sounds like an excellent plan to me. Focused and specific, with a realistic timetable to boot. Going through it...I like it. Well thought out!

One question and one comment: Do you have any recommendations for Spanish scientific shows/documentaries on RTVE? I wouldn't mind watching one every once in a while. And: I definitely understand about those sentences. I realized the other day that Anki is essentially making me read various texts over and over again. I don't reread books in general, so why should it be fun when I do it with Anki? So I too am planning to stop setting daily/weekly sentence input goals, and just input them as I please. If it takes me two years to get 10,000, so be it.

We're going to have a fantastic TAC month!

1 person has voted this message useful

joanthemaid
Triglot
France
Joined 5267 days ago

483 posts - 559 votes 
Speaks: French*, English, Spanish
Studies: Russian, German

Message 50 of 200
01 February 2010 at 12:45pm | IP Logged 
Ah, you're making me feel less guilty about my Spanish sentences! Then again I do want to learn vocab quickly and in context, so...
A good scientific show in TVE a la carta: Redes 2.0. Thanks for asking, it made me explore the site a little more. I found it in "ultimos 7 dias", "ayer". I don't know if it's possible to see the older ones though. I really liked the one about parallel universes

Edited by joanthemaid on 01 February 2010 at 11:12pm

joanthemaid
Triglot
France
Joined 5267 days ago

483 posts - 559 votes 

Message 51 of 200
01 February 2010 at 9:53pm | IP Logged 
После мой последный пост я очен хочу учить русский язык и писать от это здесь. Сейчас - новый месац!
Сегодня я учала урок диадцать один из Принстоного курса и урок номер десать в моя маленкая книга "я говорю по-русски"
На испанским я слушала и смотрела телевизор один час.

Я занималась русским языкoм три часа, а испанским - час.

С зачала ТАС - русским - 68
                      и сп анским - 41

After my latest post I feel really motivated to learn Russian and write about it. It's a new month!
Today I learnt lesson 21 of the Princeton course and lesson number 10 in my little book, "я говорю по-русски"
In Spanish, I listened to and watched on hour of TV. (scientific shows,"Redes")
(oh, and I also reviewed vocab on Anki, but only the Russian one)

I did three hours of Russian and one of Spanish today.

Since the beginning of TAC: 68 Russian
                                41 Spanish

Edited by joanthemaid on 01 February 2010 at 11:13pm

dantalian
Diglot
Bouvet Island
Joined 5479 days ago

125 posts - 156 votes 
Speaks: Russian*, English
Studies: German

Message 52 of 200
02 February 2010 at 1:20am | IP Logged 
Nice avatar...However, forget about thinking that you can vanquish Russian as easy as you could conquer English. It's a stronghold!:))

-------------------------------
(It is better to add -За время,(прошедшее)) после моЕГО последнЕГО постА, я ПОЧУВСТВОВАЛА(felt), ЧТО оченЬ хочу ВЫучить русский язык и писать оБ этоМ здесь. НАСТУПИЛ новый месЯц!
Сегодня я учИла ДВАДЦАТЬ ПЕРВЫЙ урок (из) ПринстонСКого курса и урок номер десЯть ИЗ моЕЙ маленЬкОЙ книгИ (better КНИЖКИ) "Я говорю по-русски".
На испанскОм я один час смотрела и слушала телевизор.

(ВСЕГО)Я занималась русским языкoм три часа, а испанским -(ОДИН) час.

С начала ТАС - русским - 68
                 испанским   - 41

Edited by dantalian on 02 February 2010 at 5:27pm

joanthemaid
Triglot
France
Joined 5267 days ago

483 posts - 559 votes 

Message 53 of 200
02 February 2010 at 6:44pm | IP Logged 
Hey, English may have been easy, but it did, after all, take me 8 years to really master (I considered myself fluent by the end of my first college year). Anyway, I'm planning on two years of intensive studying to master Russian, I've only done three months and two of those were far from intensive. And I know you don't see me progressing fast, but right now I'm gaining more in fluency and pronunciation and all that jazz than correction. I'll post again after I learn declension rules for adjectives. Taking the stronghold one stone at a time.

Edited by joanthemaid on 02 February 2010 at 6:45pm

dantalian
Diglot
Bouvet Island
Joined 5479 days ago

125 posts - 156 votes 
Speaks: Russian*, English
Studies: German

Message 54 of 200
02 February 2010 at 11:31pm | IP Logged 
Sorry, I posted the message about a stronghold just for kidding. But it was a practical joke, indeed. To be honest, I definitely think that you are moving quite fast and your latest “output” even exceeded all expectations. I must have been jealous about it yesterday to write such nonsense. I really hope one day you'll win a victory :))

joanthemaid
Triglot
France
Joined 5267 days ago

483 posts - 559 votes 

Message 55 of 200
04 February 2010 at 4:48pm | IP Logged 
LOL, Dantalian! You don't have to tell me my Russian is good when it's not, you know. I am really progressing slower now, and I'm a bit frustrated by it. But in the coming month I'll finish learning noun declensions (although my textbook really isn't clear about some of the irregularities) AND I have like five lessons coming about aspect (the difference between "I was doing such and such", and "I have done such and such"; I don't know what it's called in Russian). Anyway, I should be able to say more things by the end of the month.
Thanks for all the encouragements anyway. By the by, are you learning any language right now? How come you're on the forum? Are you taking part in the TAC?

joanthemaid
Triglot
France
Joined 5267 days ago

483 posts - 559 votes 

Message 56 of 200
04 February 2010 at 5:04pm | IP Logged 
Feb 4 2010

Haven't posted in three days, mostly because there wasn't much to say. On Tuesday I did nothing at all, I was in useless training the entire day (well, OK, maybe I glanced at my little Russian book and listen to Spanish TV for, like, 5 minutes).
Yesterday was a pretty average study day, I went through Lesson 11 in "Je parle russe" (little textbook) and one in the Princeton course, which was a review for Chapter 2. I'll have to review the one from the book though, because I did pretty poorly on the exercises. Same for Lesson 10. Princeton was easy enough, no oral exercises, but it felt pretty good going through the 150 words of vocabulary the lesson contained, even though I knew most of them before.
I like having two different sources for Russian, but I realized 23 lessons in the Princeton course meant that I would have to learn almost one a day. So far in four days I have learnt two. Ouch...
My Spanish has been laying mostly fallow since last time I posted, I really need to find a new method for learning. Spanish was always my secondary language for this year but these four days are announcing a pretty bad month. I'll try working on it this week-end, as tomorrow is going to be another busy day.
Today so far I've done 30 minutes of review on Anki. I should still have like an hour to go, as I haven't been very serious about my Anki duties.
Maybe after that I can take a look at Princeton, Chapter 3...

Spanish: 42
Russian: 70 hours

Edited by joanthemaid on 04 February 2010 at 9:48pm

This discussion contains 200 messages over 25 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 68 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version