imsprachendickicht.b
Joined 4694 days ago

258 posts - 323 votes 
Speaks: German*, English
Studies: French, Swedish, Portuguese, Latin, Welsh, Luxembourgish

Message 33 of 236
03 January 2012 at 7:42am | IP Logged 
Kerrie wrote:

The best line of the day comes from lesson 11. Un jour, à Lyon, un jeune homme monte dans un bus, et commence à mâcher du chewing-gum. Il y a une vieille dame assise en face. Elle regarde le jeune pendant cinq minutes, et elle dit: C'est inutil d'articuler comme ça, jeune homme. Je suis complètement sourde!

Lovely! Old jokes are the best. :-)
Perhaps I should have a look at Assimil French with Ease, too. (If only for amusement.)
1 person has voted this message useful

kanewai
Triglot
United States
justpaste.it/kanewai
Joined 4678 days ago

1386 posts - 3054 votes 
Speaks: English*, French, Marshallese
Studies: Italian, Spanish

Message 34 of 236
03 January 2012 at 10:17pm | IP Logged 
wow, you did Spanish, French, Italian, and Portuguese all in one week! How has it been
doing so many at once?

Kerrie
United States
justpaste.it/Kerrie2
Joined 5184 days ago

1232 posts - 1740 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish

Message 35 of 236
03 January 2012 at 10:35pm | IP Logged 
I try to do the Spanish, French, Italian Assimil lessons every day. All three languages are really easy for me. The Spanish is almost all review, but I want to get all the way through the program this time.

I try to do the Portuguese and Croatian every day or two, depending on my schedule. I was off of work (one of my jobs, anyways) for the week between Christmas and New Years, so I got more accomplished than normal.

Once I get finished with my online TESOL course in the next few weeks, I am planning to hit all five every day, even if it's just reviewing an Assimil lesson. I also listen to Spanish, French, Italian, and Croatian music all day at work. I'll add Portuguese to that if/when I find some music I really like, but I still have a hard time understanding Portuguese.

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6386 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 36 of 236
04 January 2012 at 3:11am | IP Logged 
http://www.lyricstraining.com/ is good for discovering music:)
2 persons have voted this message useful

Kerrie
United States
justpaste.it/Kerrie2
Joined 5184 days ago

1232 posts - 1740 votes 

Message 37 of 236
04 January 2012 at 6:06am | IP Logged 

I had to go back to work today, after almost two weeks off. Not that I really wanted to be there or anything, but it's a nice opportunity to listen to music in my target languages. I found some new French, Italian, and Croatian music I added to my mp3 player, so that was nice.

I got 2 hours of work done on my TESOL course, and I also corrected two college essays for my friends (who are non-native English speakers). It wasn't as much language work (on my target languages) as I'd like, but at least I got a little done.

January 3, 2012

Assimil Spanish 24-25
Assimil French 12

Kerrie
United States
justpaste.it/Kerrie2
Joined 5184 days ago

1232 posts - 1740 votes 

Message 38 of 236
06 January 2012 at 6:14am | IP Logged 
January 4, 2012

Assimil Spanish 26

Reviewed:
Assimil Spanish 8-21
Assimil French 1-7
Assimil Italian 1-7

January 5, 2012

Reviewed:
Assimil BrazPort 1-4
Assimil German 1-5
Assimil S/Croat 1-7
(and worked too many hours to have
motivation for anything else!
2 persons have voted this message useful

Kerrie
United States
justpaste.it/Kerrie2
Joined 5184 days ago

1232 posts - 1740 votes 

Message 39 of 236
06 January 2012 at 6:15am | IP Logged 

Serpent - I checked out the lyrics site. It looks really cool. Can you add your own songs there? I can't seem to figure that part out!

Kerrie
United States
justpaste.it/Kerrie2
Joined 5184 days ago

1232 posts - 1740 votes 

Message 40 of 236
08 January 2012 at 2:36am | IP Logged 
I've been super busy with work the past few days, but this afternoon I sat down to learn the lyrics to a new Croatian song I found. It's by Vesna Pisarovic called Da Znaš. It's a knock off of Laura Pausini's Non C'è. Pausini also did a Spanish version of the song called Se Fue, which is the first version I found years ago.

My nine-year-old twins decided it was great dancing music, brought out their play microphones, and we had Croatian Karaoke Night at our house tonight. I learned most of the lyrics (and lots of new vocabulary), and the girls were even singing along with the refrain by the end of the night. It was a fun way to spend the evening doing something productive AND fun!

This discussion contains 236 messages over 30 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 46 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version