United States
justpaste.it/Kerrie2
Joined 5176 days ago

1232 posts - 1740 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish

Message 1 of 319
14 December 2013 at 2:54am | IP Logged 
This will be our team thread for the Spanish TAC 2014 team. Anyone who is learning Spanish is welcome!

If you want to be on the team, feel free to introduce yourself, your experience with Spanish, and what your goals are for 2014!

Does anyone have any ideas for a team name?

What exactly is the TAC, you ask? TAC stands for Total Annihilation Challenge. The idea is to study your target language as much as possible throughout the year. You can see the 2013 TAC thread, and you can check out how it all started back in 2007. Make sure to stop by the 2014 TAC Signup thread and let them know you want to be on the Spanish Team this year. :D

There is certainly something cool about making huge strides in your language learning, but we all know life sometimes throws curve balls at us and our languages studies cannot always be our only priority. Martin Luther King Jr once said "If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward." So do as much as you can. Keep moving forward, and by the end of the year, you will be surprised by how far you've come. And if you fall down, get back up again. :)

Please start a log for the challenge (or use one that you've already started). Post a link to your log in this thread, so we can keep track of everyone. The great thing about being a team is that we can learn from each other and support each other. Read your teammates logs, comment, help out, encourage, and motivate where you can. After the first few months of the year, most TACers have traditionally fizzled out. Let's stick it out as a team this year and be an inspiration to all the other teams!

We'll try to have monthly challenges. If you have any suggestions for challenges, please post ideas here. If no one has started a challenge for a new month, then you can get the ball rolling if you have an idea. You don't have to participate in challenges, but the more people who do, the more fun it will be!

Edited by Kerrie on 27 December 2013 at 4:47am

1 person has voted this message useful

Kerrie
United States
justpaste.it/Kerrie2
Joined 5176 days ago

1232 posts - 1740 votes 

Message 2 of 319
14 December 2013 at 2:54am | IP Logged 
Team Members

Kerrie
sillygoose1
BaronBill
tastyonions
PointsDotsLines
James29
Stelle
Warp3
garyb
LeadZeppelin
slikew
AmyinBrooklyn
Olis89
kanewai
Emme
dbag
DamesdesLangue
BAnna
Emily96
MithradatesG
Cavesa
JIK
July
suzukaze
ryanl321
nj24
tomgosse
Vos
Ironic
Komma

Observers
Bjorn

Godfather
mrwarper

Edited by Kerrie on 13 April 2014 at 5:59am

Kerrie
United States
justpaste.it/Kerrie2
Joined 5176 days ago

1232 posts - 1740 votes 

Message 3 of 319
14 December 2013 at 2:59am | IP Logged 
#placeholder for resources

Kerrie
United States
justpaste.it/Kerrie2
Joined 5176 days ago

1232 posts - 1740 votes 

Message 4 of 319
14 December 2013 at 3:00am | IP Logged 
#placeholder

for anything else we might need :)

sillygoose1
Tetraglot
United States
Joined 4417 days ago

566 posts - 814 votes 
Speaks: English*, Italian, Spanish, French
Studies: German, Latin

Message 5 of 319
14 December 2013 at 3:45am | IP Logged 
I'd like to signup.

I've been studying for around a year, and my goal is to be able to read as well as I can in French & improve them both together. I'd also like to be able to understand the majority of series & films without subs. Hopefully this year I get there!

BaronBill
Triglot
United States
HowToLanguages.comRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4470 days ago

335 posts - 594 votes 
Speaks: English*, French, German
Studies: Spanish, Mandarin, Persian

Message 6 of 319
14 December 2013 at 5:45am | IP Logged 
I'll give it a go. I have been formally learning Spanish for about 6 Months, but prior to that, I had quite a bit of exposure to Mexican Spanish co-workers in the restaurant business. A few years ago, I spoke pretty decent Spanish (of the fairly slangy variety) but I lost some of it.

I believe myself to be at a comfortable A2 with aspirations to reach B2 by the end of 2014.

My Spanish plan this year will be an experiment in sentence mining. Everyday, I plan to learn 10 new sentences. Each of them will contain either a new structure or a new vocabulary word. I will put them into ANKI and review everyday. This will be the extent of my formal study. I will toss in a few Skype conversations a month as well as 2 live Spanish meetup groups per month. I am curious how this will work for me as I already have a reasonable foundation in grammar and vocab.

Cheers!

tastyonions
Triglot
United States
goo.gl/UIdChYRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4446 days ago

1044 posts - 1823 votes 
Speaks: English*, French, Spanish
Studies: Italian

Message 7 of 319
14 December 2013 at 6:41am | IP Logged 
I'll sign up!

Soy principiante en Español. Tuve clases en liceo pero he olvido casi todo de lo que he aprendido -- y los clases no fueron muy buenos tampoco! Hace dos meses que estudio Español de nuevo. Me gustaría tener al fin del 2014 un nivel intermedio en todos los aspectos del idioma. :-)

Edited by tastyonions on 14 December 2013 at 6:42am

PointsDotsLines
Diglot
Groupie
United States
Joined 3787 days ago

76 posts - 110 votes 
Speaks: Mandarin*, English

Message 8 of 319
14 December 2013 at 6:49am | IP Logged 
¡Hola a todos! Me llamo Charles. Empecé a estudiar español en 2012 en un colegio comunitario (por un semestre) y en una escuela privada (por approximadamente cinco meses). Y ahora lo aprendo por mi cuenta. Me falta prática;-)
Otras cosas sobre mí… nací en Chengdu, China. Actualmente vivo en Texas, EE.UU. En mis ratos libres soy un guía voluntario de arquitectura, un maestro voluntario de ESL y un corredor amateur.

###

Hi! I'm Charles. I started learning Spanish last year – one semester at a community college and another five months in a private language school. Right now I study it on my own. I don’t have a specific goal at this moment.... just continue to improve the overall comprehension:)
Other things about me…. I grew up in Chengdu, China, now I call Texas home. In my spare time, I’m also an architecture walking tour docent, an ESL volunteer and an avid runner.

I’ll establish a log in a few days. Looking forward to sharing study skills, tips, and resources with y'all!

Edited by PointsDotsLines on 14 December 2013 at 6:53am

This discussion contains 319 messages over 40 pages: 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version