Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4954 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, Norwegian, French, English, Italian, Papiamento
Studies: Mandarin, Georgian, Russian

Message 641 of 758
05 April 2013 at 6:01pm | IP Logged 
I'm glad that the exercises at EGS got shorter and changed the old layout of having a dozen of sentences for each of the Georgian cases. Now there are missing pages in the next lesson about numbers, but I don't think it's that important. Still, the other lesson is about the objective version. It will be a decisive opportunity for learning it. I'm not saying I won't have the chance to meet the topic again, but still I think the method at EGS worked the best for me and I hope it is enough this time.

At Le Petit Prince, a missing page at one of the final chapters. I read it in French and catched up later on the following chapter. I'm likely to finish it next week, then we'll see.
1 person has voted this message useful

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4954 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 

Message 642 of 758
06 April 2013 at 2:10am | IP Logged 
Georgian originals of the stories at Contemporary Georgian Fiction:

Mariam Bekauri - Debi
Lasha Bugadze - The
Round Table

Zaza Burchulaze - The Dubbing NOT FOUND (available at the book ფონოგრამა)
David Dephy - The Chair NOT FOUND (yet; the author seems to have all of his works
available. I just have to figure out which novel this story belongs to)
Teona Dolenjashvili - Real
Beings

Guram Dochanashvili - The Happy
Hillock

Rezo Gabriadze - The White
Bridge

Kote Jandieri - Cinderella's Night NOT FOUND (the book is available at lit.ge)
Irakli Javakhadze - Kolia
page=14&lang=geo&author=252&composition=363">Davit Kartvelishvili - The Squirrel
Besik Kharanauli - Ladies and Gentlemen NOT FOUND
Mamuka Kherkheulidze - A Caucasian Chronicle NOT FOUND
Archil Kikodze - The
Drunks

Ana Kordzaia-Samadashvili - Rain NOT FOUND (she mentions Brazil in the text :/)
Zurab Lezhava - Love in a Prison Cell NOT FOUND
Maka Mikeladze - A Story of Sex NOT FOUND
Aka Morchiladze - Once Upon a Time in Georgian NOT FOUND
Zaal Samadashvili - Selling Books
(scroll down to post 3 at that page)
Nugzar Shataidze - November Rain NOT FOUND

I believe the odds are high that we find more works of the same authors mentioned above
which were not included in this collection available in Russian. This way, we can still
work out a bilingual reading. Besides, sometimes the stories are inside some books and
I couldn't figure out which books were those, as the titles don't always match. I did
in the case of Zaza Burchulaze, for example, but the book isn't available as an e-book.

Edited by Expugnator on 06 April 2013 at 2:14am

3 persons have voted this message useful

zecchino1991
United States
facebook.com/amyybur
Joined 5046 days ago

778 posts - 885 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Italian, Modern Hebrew, Russian, Arabic (Written), Romanian, Icelandic, Georgian

Message 643 of 758
06 April 2013 at 2:21am | IP Logged 
Wow! Thank you! Until now I had only been able to find one or two of those...

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4954 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 

Message 644 of 758
08 April 2013 at 8:45pm | IP Logged 
I applied to the fact that I was already late with other languages and decided to finish the long penultimate chapter at Le Petit Prince. Now I'm quite likely to finish it tomorrow. I have no idea what comes next, if not the textbook in Russian I already had in mind. At those final chapters I start to have a better comprehension of the sentences.

As for EGS, I managed to read the long lesson on numbers on a single day, too. That will leave me room for doing the exercises tomorrow and then starting to have the creeps about lesson 25 on objective versions =D

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4954 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 

Message 645 of 758
09 April 2013 at 9:52pm | IP Logged 
I finished Le Petit Prince! Time to update my French log as well.
I must say I had a glance at the first lines of Jules Verne's Voyage au centre de la terre, and the Georgian in there seems easier to understand so far, I mean, there is a plot. Still, I don't know if it will be my next book. I have another textbook waiting for me.

As for the EGS, I managed to finish the exercises for the lesson on numbers. Tomorrow I need a fresh mind for the lesson on the objective person. I must say the German doesn't pose much problem so far. When a writer is better at explaining things, you get the point easier even on a language you don't understand as much. It's much easier to understand Tschenkéli's explanations in German than Aronson's in English. Information is hierarchized and structured at the Tschenkéli's book, yet it doesn't sound so linguistically verbose.

zecchino1991
United States
facebook.com/amyybur
Joined 5046 days ago

778 posts - 885 votes 
Studies: Italian, Modern Hebrew, Russian, Arabic (Written), Romanian, Icelandic, Georgian

Message 646 of 758
09 April 2013 at 10:16pm | IP Logged 
I'm done with Aronson! Now we can move on to the other book if you want. :)

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4954 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 

Message 647 of 758
10 April 2013 at 7:43pm | IP Logged 
And so we did =D I just finished the first lesson. I learned about 5 new Georgian words and a lot of Russian ones. I'm starting to get used to the Russian grammatical terminology. Like I said, the most useful think about this textbook will be the extensive number of sentences we find at each lesson.

zecchino1991
United States
facebook.com/amyybur
Joined 5046 days ago

778 posts - 885 votes 

Message 648 of 758
10 April 2013 at 9:43pm | IP Logged 
Expugnator wrote:
I just finished the first lesson. I learned about 5 new Georgian
words and a lot of Russian ones.

Me too. I went over it a little yesterday, but I will go read it more thoroughly right
now. I skipped a lot of the Russian explanation and just looked at the vocabulary.

This discussion contains 758 messages over 95 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version