Winner TAC 2012
United States
Joined 4770 days ago

227 posts - 327 votes 
Speaks: English*, Serbian
Studies: German, Russian, Estonian

Message 209 of 672
03 February 2012 at 4:28pm | IP Logged 
Alright, well, 17h Norwegian time seems to work best for everyone again. It's fine for me, as well.
So I'll talk to you all on Sunday!
1 person has voted this message useful

Tecktight
Diglot
Winner TAC 2012
United States
Joined 4770 days ago

227 posts - 327 votes 
Speaks: English*, Serbian
Studies: German, Russian, Estonian

Message 210 of 672
03 February 2012 at 4:38pm | IP Logged 
drsarvo wrote:
fabriciocarraro wrote:
drsarvo wrote:
Great news: I have just had a nice conversation
with a
gentleman from Kazakhstan via sharedtalk. @Tecktight: you are right, it is a very useful tool for finding
people and practicing your language skills with them.
Although he detected that I am not an English native speaker, he said that my Russian pronuntiation was
OK.

Can you already maintain a conversation? Wow! Congratulations! =) I can barely do that, only when I'm
drunk =P

It was not a fluent Russian conversation, I guess because Of lack Of practice, and because at first it was
hard to find a theme of conversation. That is why we need a previous plan for the skype sessions.
As for the Russian letters, I think that it would be a good idea if someone could get a sample of handwriting
from a native Russian speaker, so we could compare. Yes, I am more fluent when I am drunk, too :)
About the skype session, 17 hr Norwegian time is Ok to me.

I'm no expert, but this is how mine looks like:
2 persons have voted this message useful

playadom
Diglot
United StatesRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5747 days ago

18 posts - 18 votes
Speaks: English*, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 211 of 672
03 February 2012 at 7:02pm | IP Logged 
Aww, I was hoping you would have switched the time. What a shame.

In other news, my Д's always look like 口's. Perhaps it's from studying Japanese in the
past? My handwriting in English is almost illegibly bad, no matter how hard I try, so I'm
not too keen on putting in the effort for making good looking Cyrillic.

Edited by playadom on 03 February 2012 at 7:14pm

Woodsei
Bilingual Diglot
Winner TAC 2012
United States
justpaste.it/Woodsei
Joined 4591 days ago

614 posts - 782 votes 
Speaks: English*, Arabic (Egyptian)*
Studies: Russian, Japanese, Hungarian

Message 212 of 672
03 February 2012 at 8:16pm | IP Logged 
Your cursive writing's looking pretty good, Techtight! I apologize for skipping on the
Skype sessions, I just decided to study a bit of Russian on my own first before joining
you all in a few months. Although the conversation sheets do look interesting. Mind if I
get a copy, Techtight? It would definitely help supplement my studies, and so I'd be able
to follow where all of you are in Skype once I start joining. I hope it isn't too much
trouble.

On a side note, good luck to everyone in the 6WC! Let's all do our best!

Gambare yo!

drsarvo
Diglot
Mexico
Joined 4506 days ago

143 posts - 149 votes 
Speaks: Spanish*, English

Message 213 of 672
03 February 2012 at 8:51pm | IP Logged 
Tecktight: your cursive writing is just beautiful. I wonder how Russians cope with their alphabet, I mean, it gives me the impression that it was not designed for handwriting. Do they write always in cursive?

On a related subject, I have just added one hour to the 6WCBot (I composed a couple of emails in Russian) but it's like hell, I need to keep in mind where is each letter in the board. Don't you find it difficult, too? It reminds me when I learned typing. But at that time I could see the board and look for the letters. Now I can't.

А сейчас я спешу на работу. До встречи!

fabriciocarraro
Hexaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Brazil
russoparabrasileirosRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4509 days ago

989 posts - 1454 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, EnglishB2, Italian, Spanish, Russian, French
Studies: Dutch, German, Japanese

Message 214 of 672
03 February 2012 at 11:19pm | IP Logged 
drsarvo wrote:
On a related subject, I have just added one hour to the 6WCBot (I composed a couple of emails in Russian) but it's like hell, I need to keep in mind where is each letter in the board. Don't you find it difficult, too? It reminds me when I learned typing. But at that time I could see the board and look for the letters. Now I can't.

Try www.translit.ru

It's REALLY helpful!

drsarvo
Diglot
Mexico
Joined 4506 days ago

143 posts - 149 votes 
Speaks: Spanish*, English

Message 215 of 672
04 February 2012 at 2:02am | IP Logged 
fabriciocarraro wrote:
drsarvo wrote:

Try www.translit.ru

It's REALLY helpful!

Thanks! It's really helpful. At first I was a little confused because I was used to the Russian configuration of the board, but with some practice I am sure I will be able to type Russian at a faster rate.
Translit.ru is my candidate for the Nobel Prize (really useful inventions).

jellyfish
Triglot
Groupie
Japan
Joined 4579 days ago

50 posts - 70 votes 
Speaks: English, German*, Japanese
Studies: Thai, Persian, Russian

Message 216 of 672
04 February 2012 at 6:11am | IP Logged 
Tecktight wrote:
I don't quite understand why д is so difficult for people to write. Unless, of course, they are writing it in print.
Personally, I was taught to always write in cursive, in which д is written like a simple 'g.'

Yeah, of course in cursive it's no problem to write, just the print version (which I don't use much, either). In print it's remarkably difficult though.

Regarding typing, you can download a modified Russian keyboard layout here that's basically phonetic except for some odd ones out (ж is on v, for example), and much more intuitive than the standard Russian one.

Edited by jellyfish on 04 February 2012 at 7:13am

This discussion contains 672 messages over 84 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version