Spain
forum_posts.asp?TID=Registered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5020 days ago

1493 posts - 2500 votes 
Speaks: Spanish*, EnglishC2
Studies: German, Russian, Japanese

Message 481 of 672
10 June 2012 at 4:27pm | IP Logged 
@Tarvos I can't host today because I've had a vermouth at lunch and I feel dizzy enough not to reschedule the driving and I'll actually take a nap in half an hour -- we'll see after that. If I'm done with everything at a reasonable time (just why must we keep moving things from one house to the other every weekend?!?) I'll probably join anyway.

@tecktight Still waiting for your directions : )

@Solfrid Cristin
SF wrote:
Dear friend. The only requirement to stay on the team is to show ... as long as you want to stay - you are in!!
I knew, sort of ; ) I just wanted to let you know that I'm not happy with my level of team integration and that I remind me constantly that as adults we all should always try to comply or stay off things (not the social type in any regard, but you should know that -- I'll keep trying).
That said, you exaggerate a little bit there -- as I told you in person I don't think one should strive to do better than anybody but rather than him or herself, and I think the same goes for teams. Who cares we're doing better than others? We should aim to do better than we have so far! ; )

OK, WRT to the weekly schedule idea I got it from my brother, who regularly meets some common friends without a previous appointment, they all know the place and the time and just drop by. I can't usually do that because I've always been interested in meeting concrete people with whom to discuss concrete things, but at the current level of individual binding with other team members, I think anyone is just as good for the task, so it could work for me.

I hope we can further shape the idea though.

Let me tell you that once you get me talking I don't mind switching languages at all, except for what I'm actually able to say. I.e. I'm generally 'afraid' to speak, but not specifically to do it in Russian, so I'll be more than happy to 'snap out' of dull dialogues... once I work past them ; ) I mention this because Cristina and presumably others have problems that are solved by sticking to these dialogues, which is great, but it would also imply we need some schedule-bound work materials if we are to function as a team ; )
I'd like to propose to have 'work material' posted here one week before every meeting (so everyone can work on it) and have it renewed every time it is actually worked on at the meeting (I expect we'll skip actual work a few times, especially at the beginning) Any other suggestions are of course welcome. Anyone?

Edited by mrwarper on 16 June 2012 at 2:40pm

1 person has voted this message useful

Tecktight
Diglot
Winner TAC 2012
United States
Joined 4770 days ago

227 posts - 327 votes 
Speaks: English*, Serbian
Studies: German, Russian, Estonian

Message 482 of 672
13 June 2012 at 7:47pm | IP Logged 
Once again, sorry, everyone. I lost internet last week, because the modem I had apparently sucked, and since it
was День России, most shops were closed over the last four days for the long weekend, and so I didn't get a
chance to update.

Now, however, it's blissful--I paid for the best possible modem I could get, and the internet is speedy as you
could want. I think it'll even work in a blizzard.

SO PROBLEMS SHOULD NOW BE SOLVED, LET'S PRAY. -shakes head- It's always something with me, isn't it? I've
managed to establish myself as extremely flakey on HTAL, though that's not really how I am.

Anyway, back to the Skype sessions. I can make this Sunday. . Please respond if you're able to attend/host
as a back-up, and I'll compile a list of attendees here.

@mrwarper: The 'work material' we usually use are the dialogues I post, but if you have any other suggestions,
I'm open for anything. Anyone have some ideas?

drsarvo
Diglot
Mexico
Joined 4506 days ago

143 posts - 149 votes 
Speaks: Spanish*, English
Studies: Russian

Message 483 of 672
13 June 2012 at 8:02pm | IP Logged 
Fine! Let's have skype session next Sunday! Material is fine to me.

Tecktight
Diglot
Winner TAC 2012
United States
Joined 4770 days ago

227 posts - 327 votes 

Message 484 of 672
13 June 2012 at 9:01pm | IP Logged 
Диалоги --Урок 6

1. Фотография дома
-Марк, у тебя есть фотография твоего дома?
-Да. Хочешь посмотреть?
-Конечно.
-Вот это наш дом. Здесь живу я, сестра и родители.
-Только одна семья в таком большом доме?! А сколько у вас комнат?
-Сейчас посмотрим. На первом этаже—гостиная, стодовая, кухна и туалет. А на втором—три спальни и две
ванные.
-А гараж у вас есть?
-Нет, гаража нет. Машина стоит на улице. Вот она, синяя.
-Дом у вас очень красивый.

2. Фотография общежития
-Джанет, ты живёшь в общежитии?
-Да. Хочешь посмотреть фотографию?
-Да, хочу. Ты жтвёшь одна?
-Нет. У меня есть соседка по комнате. Видишь, на фотографии две кровати, два стола.
-Какая красивая мебель! А это что такое?
-Это холодильник, а рядом шкаф.
-А телевизор?
-В комнате телевизора нет. Телевизор у нас есть только на этаже. Ванные и туалеты тоже на этаже.

3. Можно посмотреть квартиру?
-Добрый вечер, Саша. Я не опоздала?
-Нет-нет, Джоанна. Проходи в большую комнату, Мамы и папы ещё нет, но обед готов.
-А можно посмотреть квартиру?
-Конечно. Правда, она небольшая, всего 32 метра.
-Но, очень уютная.
-Вот в той маленькой комнате живу я. А здесь живут родители.
-Какие большие окна! О, я вижу, что у вас иконы висят.
-Да, мы верующие.

4. Ковёп на стене
-Валера, какая красивая комната!
-Да что ты?! Она такая маленькая.
-Но, уютная. Я вижу, что у тебя на стене висит ковёр. Это русская традиция?
-Да, а что? У вас такой традийии нет?
-Нет. Дома у меня такой же ковёр, только он лежит на полу.

5.Хотите поехать на дачу?
-Хотите, в воскресенье поедем на дачу?
-На дачу? У вас есть дача?
-Да, в пригороде.
-Она большая?
-Два этажа, четыре комнаты. Хотите посмотреть фотографию?
-Это ваша дача? Жёлтая?
-Да.
-Какая красивая! Почему вы живёте здесь, в городе, когда есть такой дом?
-Понимаете, у нас на даче нет ни газа, ни горячей воды.
-Тогда понятно.

tarvos
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2012
China
likeapolyglot.wordpr
Joined 4501 days ago

5310 posts - 9399 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English, Swedish, French, Russian, German, Italian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Romanian, Afrikaans
Studies: Greek, Modern Hebrew, Spanish, Portuguese, Czech, Korean, Esperanto, Finnish

Message 485 of 672
13 June 2012 at 10:44pm | IP Logged 
This Sunday is fine for me. Given that we're out of Euro 2012 anyway, I am going to not
give a crap anymore, haha....

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5128 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 486 of 672
13 June 2012 at 11:31pm | IP Logged 
I think I can make it too!

mrwarper
Diglot
Winner TAC 2012
Spain
forum_posts.asp?TID=Registered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5020 days ago

1493 posts - 2500 votes 
Speaks: Spanish*, EnglishC2
Studies: German, Russian, Japanese

Message 487 of 672
15 June 2012 at 12:23am | IP Logged 
I'm perfectly OK with those materials, I was just trying to plan our 'work method' ahead to keep it as little chaotic as possible :)

BTW, good timing with the new material -- now there's no excuse to attend and not be ready, something I am known for...

I've put all the dialogues together in this page so you don't have to chase them up and down the thread, and I'll be updating it as necessary. I'd suggest that all members grab a copy and keep it handy so we have more stuff to read from, just in case -- Last time I saw you do it for real we were done like in under 60 seconds and yes, that's more than I have done lately, but I still think it's too little.

I don't know yet whether I'll attend. Whatever I say it'll probably be the opposite, so this is the only way not to lie I have ;)

Edited by mrwarper on 16 June 2012 at 2:28pm

2 persons have voted this message useful

Tecktight
Diglot
Winner TAC 2012
United States
Joined 4770 days ago

227 posts - 327 votes 

Message 488 of 672
15 June 2012 at 1:58pm | IP Logged 
mrwarper wrote:
I'm perfectly OK with those materials, I was just trying to plan our 'work method' ahead to
keep it as little chaotic as possible :)

BTW, good timing with the new material -- now there's no excuse to attend and not be it ready, something I am
known for...

I've put all the dialogues together in this
page
so you don't have to chase them up and down the thread, and I'll be updating it as necessary. I'd
suggest that all members grab a copy and keep it handy so we have more stuff to read from, just in case -- Last
time I saw you do it for real we were done like in under 60 seconds and yes, that's more than I have done lately,
but I still think it's too little.

I don't know yet whether I'll attend. Whatever I say it'll probably be the opposite, so this is the only way not to lie I
have ;)

Thanks! That compilation is a great thing to have, and makes things much easier! I'll go ahead and post the
dialogues from future chapters, then--you can just put them on that sheet.

Also, if you're interested, I now have a wealth of materials from my Russian class that we could use...I'll sift
through it and see what would be compact/easy enough for us to go through (i.e. something that doesn't have
some ridiculous and non-useful words)

This discussion contains 672 messages over 84 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version