Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5128 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 249 of 672
08 February 2012 at 12:02pm | IP Logged 
That would be lovely, Mark, just be very gentle with us :-) I am practically hyperventilating at the thought of having a live bonafide Russian listening to anything Russian I try to say, and I suspect I am not alone.

We would really love to have you on board, though, and are very grateful that you are willing to help.

Do you intend to set up your own language learning log and so become a full member of team Sputnik, or will you just come by as a friendly consultant?

Kind regards

Cristina
1 person has voted this message useful

tarvos
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2012
China
likeapolyglot.wordpr
Joined 4501 days ago

5310 posts - 9399 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English, Swedish, French, Russian, German, Italian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Romanian, Afrikaans
Studies: Greek, Modern Hebrew, Spanish, Portuguese, Czech, Korean, Esperanto, Finnish

Message 250 of 672
08 February 2012 at 12:13pm | IP Logged 
When are we going to use that beautiful set of dialogues, Tecktight?

drsarvo
Diglot
Mexico
Joined 4506 days ago

143 posts - 149 votes 
Speaks: Spanish*, English

Message 251 of 672
08 February 2012 at 8:43pm | IP Logged 
Not too much advance today. Awful day at work :(

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5128 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian

Message 252 of 672
08 February 2012 at 9:02pm | IP Logged 
I had planned for 2.5 hours of solid Russian class today, and then the teacher got sick, so I ended up doing just my regular work.:-( As it turned out, that was a good thing, because the day became so chaotic, that I would still have been there had I gone to Russian class.

Tecktight - great dialogues!

Марк
Russian Federation
Joined 4850 days ago

2096 posts - 2972 votes 
Speaks: Russian*

Message 253 of 672
08 February 2012 at 9:20pm | IP Logged 
I don't have much time to learn languages this spring, unfortunately, although I have
some plans and dreams.

Edited by Марк on 08 February 2012 at 9:29pm

drsarvo
Diglot
Mexico
Joined 4506 days ago

143 posts - 149 votes 
Speaks: Spanish*, English

Message 254 of 672
08 February 2012 at 9:35pm | IP Logged 
By comparing the dialogue's texts and audio there seems to be a couple of mistakes.
Dialogue 1 row 3: бодшой / большой.
Dialogue 3 row 4: большое / большие.

mrwarper
Diglot
Winner TAC 2012
Spain
forum_posts.asp?TID=Registered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5020 days ago

1493 posts - 2500 votes 
Speaks: Spanish*, EnglishC2
Studies: German, Russian, Japanese

Message 255 of 672
09 February 2012 at 12:14am | IP Logged 
Thank you Dr, Fabricio, Cristina, Tecktight, Teango... well everyone! for your most warm welcome. I must confess I was quite afraid of subscribing to 30+ new threads: seeing how chatty things had been just in this team log (200+ messages? WTF?) I thought keeping up with everything here might suck more time from me than actual studying! After 48 hours I can say I'm reassured, if a bit disappointed (nah just kidding!), to see that's not the case -- I'll probably manage to 'waste' not much more time than usual here in the forum, while also getting some studying done... cool!

Now there's the task to read through all of the logs... uffff :)

I remember when I was whiling away one morning at this friend's shop with his wife and she wrote a list of the members of the former USSR. When she got around fifteen I had a look and saw Romania and Bulgaria there and I was like 'uh-oh now do I tell her how wrong that is or what?' -- fortunately my friend came in just at the right moment and saved the day by telling her himself. Maybe she was listing the members of the Warsaw Pact or something... so, how many are we then? is everyone listed in the first post? What about Mapk? is zekecoma finally in? as the last -but hopefully not least- officially confirmed member of the team I thought I'd leave that for the seniors but nothing happened in these 48 hours... anyway...

@Cristina dear, don't worry, I'm not afraid of speaking even if I usually hate doing it on the phone or similar. I totally overcome my shyness when I'm on any kind of 'mission' so I'm almost completely fluent in every language I've studied, within my limits. The problem is, these limits usually consist in knowing very little words and/or grammar, and I hate consciously speaking like a caveman. So I usually end up not talking much out of impossibility and frustration, or I switch to another language in which I just can say what I want to :)

Skype: I'll give you all another 48 hours to 'befriend' me there before logging in again to confirm the links, contacts or whatever they're called. If there's anything more I should do about that, please anyone tell me now.

As far as I am concerned, posting the dialogues for minimal practice here instead of emailing them seems just perfect to me. However, someone mentioned (not exactly-) matching audio. Where can I get it?

Edited by mrwarper on 09 February 2012 at 12:20am

Tecktight
Diglot
Winner TAC 2012
United States
Joined 4770 days ago

227 posts - 327 votes 
Speaks: English*, Serbian
Studies: German, Russian, Estonian

Message 256 of 672
09 February 2012 at 12:31am | IP Logged 
tarvos wrote:
When are we going to use that beautiful set of dialogues, Tecktight?

We typically recite them at the beginning of each Skype session. I mean, that's what we did last time, so I assume
we will continue to do that.

In my Russian class, the professor had us memorize a dialogue and then recite it in front of the class. This way,
certain useful phrases would just be drilled into us, and our minds could pull them up reflexively in "crisis"
situations...i.e. when you're confronted by a native Russian and need something to say. I would propose we do the
same with these dialogues. For example, we can structure it in the following way:

Week 1 Skype Session:
-Read first set of dialogues
-Homework: Memorize one dialogue--you memorize the entire dialogue, but at the "test" you will read with a
partner

Week 2 Skype Session:
-Test: Each person is partnered up with another person who did the same dialogue, and they recite the dialogue
from memory. Native speaker or fellows will 'grade'
-Read second set of dialogues
-Continue rest of session with casual conversation.

And so on, so forth.

This discussion contains 672 messages over 84 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version