Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5128 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 441 of 672
15 May 2012 at 3:05pm | IP Logged 
I do not know how wild my birthday party the day before will be, so I am not sure I can make it on Sunday, but if you suggest a time, I will do my best.
1 person has voted this message useful

drsarvo
Diglot
Mexico
Joined 4506 days ago

143 posts - 149 votes 
Speaks: Spanish*, English
Studies: Russian

Message 442 of 672
15 May 2012 at 6:14pm | IP Logged 
Hi everyone:
I'd like to make an update of my participation in Russian team Sputnik: I keep studying it with Assimil,
euronews and simplified Russian news. Also I keep in the 6wc. I am anxious to next 20 May Skype session.

ruskivyetr
Diglot
United States
Joined 5275 days ago

769 posts - 962 votes 
Speaks: English*, German
Studies: Spanish, Russian, Polish, Modern Hebrew

Message 443 of 672
16 May 2012 at 5:17am | IP Logged 
Hi guys! I posted this very message in my own log, but just in case no one drops by there anymore, I'll post it
here, just to let my good ol' team Sputnik know that I'm still alive :).
Ruskivyetr wrote:

I am incredibly sorry for leaving without saying goodbye. I've had a rough number of months, and I've not been
able to pick myself up in many aspects of my life, much less language learning. I've been extremely depressed,
and my morale on even waking up in the morning has been waning, and it's been difficult to keep up with
school work. I apologize for not updating you guys or even saying goodbye, but I've needed to take care of
myself for a short while. Hopefully come a few weeks time I'll be back and doing what I love most, and talking to
you guys again :).

All the best.

Tecktight
Diglot
Winner TAC 2012
United States
Joined 4770 days ago

227 posts - 327 votes 
Speaks: English*, Serbian
Studies: German, Russian, Estonian

Message 444 of 672
17 May 2012 at 8:09am | IP Logged 
ruskivyetr wrote:
Hi guys! I posted this very message in my own log, but just in case no one drops by there
anymore, I'll post it
Ruskivyetr wrote:

I am incredibly sorry for leaving without saying goodbye. I've had a rough number of months, and I've not been
able to pick myself up in many aspects of my life, much less language learning. I've been extremely depressed,
and my morale on even waking up in the morning has been waning, and it's been difficult to keep up with
school work. I apologize for not updating you guys or even saying goodbye, but I've needed to take care of
myself for a short while. Hopefully come a few weeks time I'll be back and doing what I love most, and talking to

All the best.

Thanks for the update, Ruskivyetr. I'm sorry to hear that you're leaving, but I can empathize with your situation
and agree that it's important for you to take time for yourself for now. You're always welcome back and I'm sure
it's only a matter of time before you will be. Don't worry too much; you'll climb out of your slump. Many of us
have been there, myself included, and it's difficult, but it gets easier after a while. Life happens.

See you back on here soon, I hope, and best of luck in the meantime. Hugs to you. :)

Tecktight
Diglot
Winner TAC 2012
United States
Joined 4770 days ago

227 posts - 327 votes 
Speaks: English*, Serbian
Studies: German, Russian, Estonian

Message 445 of 672
17 May 2012 at 8:13am | IP Logged 
Solfrid Cristin wrote:
Solfrid Cristin wrote:
Dear team members,

I feel we are being a great team, and I have had lots of support and encouragements from others, and try to do
the same. It is however a fact of life, that a lot of people start out with lots of enthusiasm in January, and then
either the interest fizzles, or life catches up with them in some way, and they are unable to contribute, giving
their team mates any support, or keep up their own log. Traditionally 75% do not make it to the end.

Ideally I would have liked to have everyone in until the very end, but I see that there are people who have hardly
participated, and who obviously do not get anything from being on the team, nor contribute with much.

I do not want to be the one to exclude anyone, so I suggest the following: Let us all give an update in this thread
as to where we stand, have we reached any goals, seen any progress, modified goals, changed languages - in
short a status report. By doing so, we all know you are still with us. If there is anyone who has not given such a
status report within June 1st ( a month from now) or who leaves a message saying that they do not really have
the time to keep up with the TAC, I'll let Zenmonkey know which names he can delete from the team. I would also
suggest that we all try to swipe by our team mates' logs now and then. For someone who is on the verge of
falling out of the team, a little interest from the team mates might be what it takes to give them new motivation
and get them studying again. And that is what the TAC is all about, right?

Looking forward to the status reports :-

So, we have had status reports from Teango, Tarvos, Aloysius, Fabriciocarrero, Woodsei, Tecktight and myself,
which is not bad, that means that we are at least 8-9 who are still in, since at least two more have been active at
Skype sessions and in the 6WC. Now the rest of you have the time to the first of June to make the update and say
that you are still inn, so there is no stress, but it would be nice to know. Drsarvo, Mrwarper, everyone else - earth
to cosmonauts! Report to the mother ship!

A big thanks to Tecktight for being the driving force, muse and technical genius behind our Skype sessions. Do
you know what this team has that not other team has? We have Tecktight - which makes a lot of difference, since
talking to eachother through Skype make us know eachother better.

In case any of you have not read it yet, I would also like to point out that Teango has not only got his dream job,
but he is also getting married now! Go in his log for more details.

Pfft, don't thank me for Skype--thank the Estonians! ;D

Congratulations to Teango on the marriage! What wonderful news! I'll go check your blog now to read about your
successes for myself.

As for this Sunday, I'm free before 8PM Sun or after 7AM Mon Norway time. Otherwise, during my-time daytime,
I've got plans. :/ Is there anyone else available who can run the Skype session provided I'm not online?

Teango
Triglot
Winner TAC 2010 & 2012
United States
teango.wordpress.comRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5350 days ago

2210 posts - 3734 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Russian
Studies: Hawaiian, French, Toki Pona

Message 446 of 672
17 May 2012 at 12:42pm | IP Logged 
@Tecktight and Cristina
Thanks for your good wishes. I'm supposed to be buying shoes for the big day tomorrow, which is the only thing left on my list now, but thought I'd sneak in a quick forum fix before heading out (lol). Don't tell the missus... ;) I look forward to returning next week and really getting this show on the road with Irish. Have a great Skype session and hope to join you all soon!

Woodsei
Bilingual Diglot
Winner TAC 2012
United States
justpaste.it/Woodsei
Joined 4591 days ago

614 posts - 782 votes 
Speaks: English*, Arabic (Egyptian)*
Studies: Russian, Japanese, Hungarian

Message 447 of 672
17 May 2012 at 1:15pm | IP Logged 
ruskivyetr wrote:
Hi guys! I posted this very message in my own log, but just in case
no one drops by there anymore, I'll post it
Ruskivyetr wrote:

I am incredibly sorry for leaving without saying goodbye. I've had a rough number of
months, and I've not been
able to pick myself up in many aspects of my life, much less language learning. I've
been extremely depressed,
and my morale on even waking up in the morning has been waning, and it's been difficult
to keep up with
school work. I apologize for not updating you guys or even saying goodbye, but I've
needed to take care of
myself for a short while. Hopefully come a few weeks time I'll be back and doing what I
love most, and talking to

All the best.

So sad to seeing you leave, but remember, we all have our roadblocks in life, and it
does tend to catch up to us unexpectedly and hurtfully. There is no need to apologize
at all, and looking forward to your return when you're ready to take Russian to whole
new levels, as well as with your other languages! Best of luck to you!

Woodsei
Bilingual Diglot
Winner TAC 2012
United States
justpaste.it/Woodsei
Joined 4591 days ago

614 posts - 782 votes 
Speaks: English*, Arabic (Egyptian)*
Studies: Russian, Japanese, Hungarian

Message 448 of 672
17 May 2012 at 1:16pm | IP Logged 
Solfrid Cristin wrote:
I do not know how wild my birthday party the day before will be,
so I am not sure I can make it on Sunday, but if you suggest a time, I will do my best.

Happy Birthday, Christina! :) This is an eventful week, with both Christina's birthday
and Teango's wedding. Congratulations to the both of you, and I hope you have a great
upcoming year!

This discussion contains 672 messages over 84 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version