Joined 4591 days ago

614 posts - 782 votes 
Speaks: English*, Arabic (Egyptian)*
Studies: Russian, Japanese, Hungarian

Message 299 of 672
16 February 2012 at 12:58pm | IP Logged 
Tecktight wrote:
Euronews is a great tool.

Personally, I love practicing languages by reading news/books, because it knocks two daily tasks down with
one
stone. Rather than spending one hour reading the news in English later, I can rather invest that time into
reading
news and practicing a target language.

:-)

Can't second that more :). Definitely have to work to get there! Reading news in Japanese and
Russian....ahhhhh, can't wait ;)

And thank you, aloysius. Team Sputnik seams to be doing great so far. Good luck to you all, and great job,
Christina, aloysius, Teango, drsarvo, fabriciocarraro, everyone!

Edited by Woodsei on 16 February 2012 at 1:00pm

1 person has voted this message useful

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5128 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 300 of 672
17 February 2012 at 10:00am | IP Logged 
Woodsei wrote:
   Team Sputnik seams to be doing great so far. Good luck to you all, and great job,

No, you are wrong. We are not doing great, we are doing absolutely amazing!!!

And you are the prime reason for that, Woodsei! When I suggested us having an internal Sputnik competition, I never imagined we would have one of ours actually at the very top. A big hurrah to Woodsei for having put in an inhuman amount of study hours this week! I do not know how you do it, I am studying Russian in every free moment, and you are still almost doubling my scores. You are however proving to be a wonderful inspiration, so whenever I feel like just reading the paper or whatnot, I think of you and grab my Russian grammer instead.

I would also like to mention Teango, who has been racing up the charts over the last week, and is getting ready to get in among the 10 best. Honorable mention also of Drsavo, who is already there! If we manage to get 4 from team Sputnik among the 10 best, we are really doing fantastic.

On quite another note, I will be in a foreign country for a week, and have to unfollow all your logs, or my company will take my phone away from me due to costs. I will follow this thread however, so I'll still see what happens. I will not have Skype access this Sunday, but I wish you all the best if you others do the Skype session. I am available next Sunday, if that is an option.

Teango
Triglot
Winner TAC 2010 & 2012
United States
teango.wordpress.comRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5350 days ago

2210 posts - 3734 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Russian
Studies: Hawaiian, French, Toki Pona

Message 301 of 672
17 February 2012 at 11:46am | IP Logged 
Thanks Cristina. I fell miserably behind in the first week but am starting to pick up speed now. Seeing so many other members of our team rising up the ranks and pursuing their language goals with vigour is really motivating. So having Woodsei, you and drsarvo trailblazing in the top 10 is an enormous morale boost. I'm now inspired more than ever to push forward and raise that total to a 4th team member this week. Go Team Sputnik!

Edited by Teango on 17 February 2012 at 12:34pm

Teango
Triglot
Winner TAC 2010 & 2012
United States
teango.wordpress.comRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5350 days ago

2210 posts - 3734 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Russian
Studies: Hawaiian, French, Toki Pona

Message 302 of 672
17 February 2012 at 11:55am | IP Logged 
I'd also like to give a special shout out to Aloysius - I'm loving the weekly graphs. :)

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5128 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 303 of 672
17 February 2012 at 12:01pm | IP Logged 
Teango wrote:
I'd also like to give a special shout out to Aloysius - I'm loving the weekly graphs. :)

Yes me too, it goes well beyond my expectations on that!

Woodsei
Bilingual Diglot
Winner TAC 2012
United States
justpaste.it/Woodsei
Joined 4591 days ago

614 posts - 782 votes 
Speaks: English*, Arabic (Egyptian)*
Studies: Russian, Japanese, Hungarian

Message 304 of 672
17 February 2012 at 2:23pm | IP Logged 
Solfrid Cristin wrote:
Woodsei wrote:
   Team Sputnik seams to be doing great so far. Good luck to
you all, and great job,

No, you are wrong. We are not doing great, we are doing absolutely amazing!!!

And you are the prime reason for that, Woodsei! When I suggested us having an internal Sputnik competition,
I never imagined we would have one of ours actually at the very top. A big hurrah to Woodsei for having put
in an inhuman amount of study hours this week! I do not know how you do it, I am studying Russian in every
free moment, and you are still almost doubling my scores. You are however proving to be a wonderful
inspiration, so whenever I feel like just reading the paper or whatnot, I think of you and grab my Russian
grammer instead.

I would also like to mention Teango, who has been racing up the charts over the last week, and is getting
ready to get in among the 10 best. Honorable mention also of Drsavo, who is already there! If we manage to
get 4 from team Sputnik among the 10 best, we are really doing fantastic.

On quite another note, I will be in a foreign country for a week, and have to unfollow all your logs, or my
company will take my phone away from me due to costs. I will follow this thread however, so I'll still see what
happens. I will not have Skype access this Sunday, but I wish you all the best if you others do the Skype
session. I am available next Sunday, if that is an option.

Awww, thank you, Christina! I'm having some time off these few weeks, so I'm trying to do as much as I can
before school picks up again. Actually, I'm the one amazed at how you put in all these hours with a family, a
full-time job, and everything else in between. :). Awesome work, Christina. Everyone in Team Sputnik is such
an inspiration.....I think I'm going to cry, lol :) I always think of you guys whenever I feel burn-out approaching,
and then suddenly, I'm on fire :)

I hope you have an enjoyable and safe trip!

I have to agree with Teango, those charts are just beautiful. Keep it up Aloysius! And to quote the Twitter
bot, Team Sputnik rules! (well, it didn't exactly say that, but you get my point:). )

Edited by Woodsei on 17 February 2012 at 2:25pm

This discussion contains 672 messages over 84 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version