Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

zu verrückt für euch/Rätsel|Adv|En TAC’15

Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
812 messages over 102 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23 ... 101 102 Next >>
Mareike
Germany
Joined 6012 days ago

267 posts - 323 votes 
Speaks: German*
Studies: English, Swedish

Message 177 of 812
12 October 2013 at 1:10pm | IP Logged 
tarvos wrote:
Wie man diese Regeln beobachtet, wenn es um Kollegen dreht, weiß ich nicht, damit ich nie im Deutschland gearbeitet habe, aber es wird mir als komisch erscheinen, wenn man unter Kollegen, mit den man den ganzen Tag arbeiten soll, siezt.

Das ist auch von Unternehmen zu Unternehmen unterschiedlich. In deinem Unternehmen wird das lockerer gesehen als in dem anderen.
Man sieht seine Kollegen ja weit aus mehr als andere Personen und sie bekommen einfach auch private Sachen mit. Irgendwann rutscht einmal mal das du raus.
Ich wurde aber auch immer beim Eintritt ins Unternehmen darauf hingewiesen, welche Richtlinien verfolgt werden. Momentan duze ich fast alle und empfinde das auch als angenehmer. Viele junge Leute ziehen das du dem sie vor, warten wir nochmal 100 Jahre ab.
Quote:
Vor drei Jahren hat der damalige FC-Bayern-Trainer Louis van Gaal in Deutschland für Aufsehen gesorgt, weil er sagte, er lasse sich von seinen Kindern siezen. Was heute als ungewöhnlich gilt, war vor nicht einmal hundert Jahren in Deutschland noch völlig üblich. Friederike Vogler zum Beispiel, die heute im Sozialzentrum in Kirchheim lebt, kann sich noch gut daran erinnern: Als ihre Schwester auf einmal „Du“ zu den Eltern sagte, wollte sie selbst es nicht tun. „Ich hatte das Gefühl, dass das nicht richtig ist“, sagt die heute 93-Jährige. Erst als sie Mitte 20 war, habe sie auch „Du“ gesagt. „Aber zum Vater nicht.“

Emma Böck, die ebenfalls im Sozialzentrum wohnt, kennt das Siezen auch noch aus ihrer persönlichen Erfahrung. Ihre große Schwester habe die Eltern gesiezt, sagt die 89-Jährige, sie selbst schon nicht mehr. Dennoch: „Die eigene Mutter, der eigene Vater – das waren Respektspersonen“, erzählt sie.
Als die eigenen Eltern noch gesiezt wurden - weiter lesen auf Augsburger-Allgemeine: http://www.augsburger-allgemeine.de/mindelheim/Als-die-eigen en-Eltern-noch-gesiezt-wurden-id20082366.html

An der Uni empfinde ich es als lockerer. Ich sieze die Professoren und einen Teil des wissenschaftlichen Personals (wenn man mal direkt mit denen spricht). Im übrigen ohne Titel vor dem Namen, also nicht Herr Prof. Dr. xy, sondern nur Herr xy. Tutoren/Mentoren und vorallem studentische Hilfskräfte werden bei uns aber gedutzt.

Duzen/Siezen bezieht sich auch nicht nur auf die Distanz die man zu einem Menschen hat, sondern auch auf den Respekt.
Und ob ich Du oder Sie verwende mach ich von meinen Gefühl abhängig.
1 person has voted this message useful

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
last.fm/user/viadivaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4022 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 
Speaks: Russian*, English
Studies: German, Italian, French, Swedish, Esperanto, Czech, Greek

Message 178 of 812
13 October 2013 at 4:00am | IP Logged 
I tried to fight through 2nd lesson of 30, but there was a lot of material and, honestly, I just fell asleep. Twice. Not that it was extremely boring, I just left it on the very late evening when no one is able to concentrate, especially me, especially in the nights before Saturday and Sunday.
So, yesterday was showtime. I barely read "The Compound", I'm afraid. Having watched F1 in the morning, I played Alien Hive in every possible moment - yeah, this happens with me occasionally and I really tend to give up when these situations comes to me. I could've listen to something, but eventually I choose to finish "Injustice" - do you remember how I posted about it long time ago? So, I had to finish with 4 episodes (of 5) to watch, and today nothing was going to stop me, as it happen before. A little bit long and a little bit harsh series, but I enjoyed it much. Much enough to put 10/10.
Then my mother, which was caught by "Touch" strongly recommended me to watch it. Ok, I asked her if she downloaded series with original sound, got negative answer and downloaded them myself. While "Touch" was downloading, I remembered that I have German film Russisch Roulette, 2 episodes with total time about to 180 min. German-Russian mix as the original (since the actions take place in Russia), Russian subs. I haven't even found that on our kinopoisk.ru, but if I could, I would've put 7/10. Nice but long, and accents from those, who supposed to be native Russian speakers in the scenario, are really disturbing me much.
There was really no time and desire to come further and watch "Touch", so I shutdown my netbook and tried to read lesson 2. This was the second time when I fell asleep because of that book.
So, today I have a F1 race to watch, "Touch" to look at, "The Compound" to read, English homework to prepare... wait, and what about German?
German is still in music, but even there I feel close to music collapse. It happens to me sometimes: I just open my music folder and freeze. There are lots of things to listen, but I can't choose anything because nothing seems to be good. I truly hate these periods, but they just happens, no matter how much new music I have to listen.
Anywhere else? Well, nowhere. Yes, I'm ashamed. But I have no doubt that eventually motivation will come back to me. It has no choice :)

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4022 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 179 of 812
13 October 2013 at 6:36am | IP Logged 
oh, and something for fun. Comparative handwriting:
German original, block letters, lots of attention while writing VS Russian translation, harsh cursive, my usual lack of attention, etc to make it nearly impossible to read

2 persons have voted this message useful

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4022 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 180 of 812
13 October 2013 at 10:57am | IP Logged 
I feel that it's kinda bad to post here in a row so often during one day, but...

Bye, Iron Maiden, hallo, Letzte Instanz.
And I was thinking that I got addicted to Die Apokalyptischen Reiter too fast and too soon, hehe.
And if it's not helping my German, I'm ready to do something awfully stupid. Start learning Esperanto, for example. Because it should work. Slow, maybe, but it should help. I hope that it is helping, anyway.

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4022 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 181 of 812
13 October 2013 at 5:29pm | IP Logged 
Ok, summary for today: NOTHING.
I had to review material for reference work "Non-finite verb" (? - I meant Gerund, Participle, Verb Infinitive and their constructions) - didn't.
I wanted to look at lesson 2 of 30 for my poor German - didn't.
I planned to read "The Compound" - well, I think I'll do it in order to fall asleep. But I'm not sure.
I intended to watch something - I didn't watched anything, except F1 race.
Well, I wrote in Russian blog and it seems that the readers really like that post more than other ones:

But apart from that - nothing. University is long forgotten, languages in passive stage, books and movies are waiting.
I can try to defend myself from myself once again, pointing at amount of music in German for today, but... that's the point, pessimistic me are always stronger than optimistic me.
But tomorrow I will be complaining about lack of time, desire for German learning and whatever. A vicious circle.
Once I go out of it, I'll add Swedish to studies as a reward. But I think that I sooner will freeze in German and add Swedish as an ass-kicker. Or maybe it won't be Swedish, who knows what will happen with me in some looong years? :)

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4022 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 182 of 812
14 October 2013 at 1:16pm | IP Logged 
Well, I did read "The Compound" yesterday. I ended up after midnight, having finished the book. I was interested in plot, but I couldn't sleep, so that should be added up to the mix.
Today I started "The Fallout", which is a "long-awaited sequel" to "The Compound". Nothing really hard, I just enjoy it, skipping unknown words most of a time. 10% already :)
Now to my poor German. Having looked at sole vote to my yesterday's posts, I was thinking about handwriting and stuff. I haven't managed to learn English cursive. *author takes pen and gives it a try*:

But I really need to try to learn it with German.
I think that one important goodness of cursive is that at least in the process of learning you are to write the whole word without pauses. It's hard for me to write down something in German because I'm not at all familiar with the words. I can write a half and stuck in wonder, thinking: "how the hell it ends?".
Of course, I was in the same situation with English, but I have no time for blind hope "it will work out".
One of the reasons why I consider myself "Grammar Nazi" in Russian is that I have good visual memory and, therefore, have no problems with orthography. Well, to be honest, it's fading away, but it worked perfectly while I was in school. I can notice and fix mistake without actual remembering the rule. And that exact principle works in English, but - alas! - not with every single word.
But that isn't my target anyway.
Another reason for studying German cursive is that I'll make an artificial difference between them. While I'll be writing English in block letters, they will be associated with English only. When I'm to write something German, I'll be using cursive. I'm not sure if that really will be useful, but why not?
Russian is no point of worrying here because of it's alphabet. Plus, my Russian handwriting is so weird that I'll never dare to write in German with the same manner in order not to harm Ordnung. I hope so, anyway.
And, finally, I want to have my own script at least in one language. Why not German?!
P.S. Yes, I have no script at all. Daily proof (one day, one lection):

if you don't see much of a difference, I'll find more expressive proves.

Edited by Via Diva on 14 October 2013 at 1:18pm

tarvos
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2012
China
likeapolyglot.wordpr
Joined 4495 days ago

5310 posts - 9399 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English, Swedish, French, Russian, German, Italian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Romanian, Afrikaans
Studies: Greek, Modern Hebrew, Spanish, Portuguese, Czech, Korean, Esperanto, Finnish

Message 183 of 812
14 October 2013 at 1:32pm | IP Logged 
That to me is proper cursive writing. I like it.

Via Diva
Diglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4022 days ago

1109 posts - 1427 votes 

Message 184 of 812
14 October 2013 at 1:38pm | IP Logged 
Are you talking about my English cursive or Russian one? :)
It may seem beautiful on photos, but I mostly end up deciphering my lections when preparing to some control points. Mind that I chose pieces that are understandable to show the difference in scripts.

This discussion contains 812 messages over 102 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version