Poland
languagewanderer.com
Joined 4202 days ago

62 posts - 77 votes 
Speaks: Polish*, English
Studies: Russian, Norwegian

Message 321 of 553
29 January 2013 at 8:17pm | IP Logged 
Hi, I was offline for some time due to my exams at university but now I plan to get down to Norwegian and do
challenges:)) I'll be more active here in a few days once I deal with the last exams!:))
1 person has voted this message useful

Julie
Heptaglot
PolandRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6691 days ago

1251 posts - 1733 votes 
5 sounds
Speaks: Polish*, EnglishB2, GermanC2, SpanishB2, Dutch, Swedish, French

Message 322 of 553
29 January 2013 at 9:20pm | IP Logged 
I would love to join you for a little Skype session!

I would like to speak at least some Swedish, too. Well, if you're patient enough to listen to me or wait for me while I'm looking for words :). I'm not sure if I would understand what you're talking to me, though, especially if it's in Norwegian :). In any case, we could try to say basic stuff in Scandinavian languages, and switch to English or other languages for more complex discussions. Let's see how it's gonna work, and we can always change our approach in the middle of the session.

By the way, I've just realized I won't probably be scared to death by the prospect of actually speaking Swedish (or trying to do so, at least). However, I'll probably be quite stressed while speaking English with you. You know, I'll be proud of pretty much everything I'll say in Swedish (the mere fact of actually speaking it will make me happy, as just a few months ago I didn't even know how to say "Jag heter Julie" :)). I won't probably be proud of my English accent, though, or all the grammar mistakes I'll inevitably make... The longer I learn a language / the better I know it, the more difficult it is for me to meet my own expectations, if you know what I mean.

OK, you've been warned :).

Edited by Julie on 29 January 2013 at 9:33pm

sans-serif
Tetraglot
Finland
Joined 4347 days ago

298 posts - 470 votes 
Speaks: Finnish*, English, German, Swedish
Studies: Danish

Message 323 of 553
29 January 2013 at 9:30pm | IP Logged 
Kez wrote:
I was also wondering, maybe we could organize a Skype chat soon? We don't have to speak our TL right away but maybe just speak English to get to know eachother and we could always switch do a TL.

I'm game if the time is right, but I will need to get a new headset first, as my previous one recently fell victim to a life-related accident. Swedish is the only Scandinavian language I'm comfortable participating in.

jeff_lindqvist
Diglot
SwedenRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6697 days ago

4250 posts - 5710 votes 
Speaks: Swedish*, English
Studies: German, Spanish, Russian, Dutch, Mandarin, Esperanto, Irish, French
Personal Language Map

Message 324 of 553
30 January 2013 at 12:08am | IP Logged 
Solfrid Cristin wrote:
I can join you if you like. I think any sort of communication in any of the three Scandinavian languages would benefit the other two, and if Jeff joins too, we can have one of the situations which is normal to us, but mind boggling to most foreigners, of a Norwegian and a Swede talking to each other in their respective languages. And if we really want a giggling session the two of us could speak in Swedish only or in Norwegian only.

Haha, my "Norwegian" (at this stage) would be Swedish sentence structure, semi-Norwegian vocabulary and some fake Bergen accent (the icing on the cake...), and I don't want anyone but the five walls in my (pentagonal) study room to hear that... Moreover, I haven't done any of my challenges yet. I'd better do those first.

All this being said, as soon as anyone suggests a day/time, I'll check my schedule.

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5122 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 325 of 553
30 January 2013 at 12:12am | IP Logged 
jeff_lindqvist wrote:
Solfrid Cristin wrote:
I can join you if you like. I think any sort of communication in any of the three Scandinavian languages would benefit the other two, and if Jeff joins too, we can have one of the situations which is normal to us, but mind boggling to most foreigners, of a Norwegian and a Swede talking to each other in their respective languages. And if we really want a giggling session the two of us could speak in Swedish only or in Norwegian only.

Haha, my "Norwegian" (at this stage) would be Swedish sentence structure, semi-Norwegian vocabulary and some fake Bergen accent (the icing on the cake...), and I don't want anyone but the five walls in my (pentagonal) study room to hear that... Moreover, I haven't done any of my challenges yet. I'd better do those first.

All this being said, as soon as anyone suggests a day/time, I'll check my schedule.

Hence the giggling session :-) And a Swede with a Bergen accent sounds too cute for words. Besides, if I can waltz in speaking "Swedish" with almost no practice, I am sure you can do Norwegian.

tarvos
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2012
China
likeapolyglot.wordpr
Joined 4495 days ago

5310 posts - 9399 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English, Swedish, French, Russian, German, Italian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Romanian, Afrikaans
Studies: Greek, Modern Hebrew, Spanish, Portuguese, Czech, Korean, Esperanto, Finnish

Message 326 of 553
30 January 2013 at 12:37am | IP Logged 
The only thing I know about the Bergen accent was something a Norwegian told me a while
back: jeg kommer fran Bergen as if he had an extreme cold. Sounded extremely nasal and,
for some reason, I associate it with a cow sound. Don't know why.

Emme
Triglot
Italy
Joined 5135 days ago

980 posts - 1594 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English, German
Studies: Russian, Swedish, French

Message 327 of 553
30 January 2013 at 3:20am | IP Logged 
As the previous post about Swedish films and dramas available abroad was met with interest, here’s an update.

SVT has started publishing online the new 12-episode series Molanders. Each episode lasts about 45 minutes. Right now only the first episode, which was broadcast last Monday, is online; the others will be posted in the coming weeks after they are broadcast.

I’ve also found a couple of children’s series that I had missed the first time.

For convenience’s sake, here’s the list of films and drama available right now (and that I’m aware of):

Tack för senast: 25-min. short film (available until tonight 30 January 2013)

Ett nytt kapitel: 28-min. short film (available until 1 February 2013)

Fjällbackamorden: second of 2 TV-movies based on Camilla Läckberg’s popular thrillers (available until 1 February 2013)

Kent Agent och den hemliga kraften: 12-part children’s thriller series (available until 3 February 2013)

Dockäventyren: children TV-series in 8 episodes (available until 15 April 2013)

Molanders: new 12-episode series. (available until 15 May 2013)

Bastian: 14-episode webseries (available until 20 June 2013)

Jimmy Neutron - underbarnet: children animated short-film, part 1 (available until ?)

Enjoy!

--
P.S. Sorry, but I’m not ready for Skype yet! You guys have fun, though!

Edited by Emme on 30 January 2013 at 3:22am

5 persons have voted this message useful

Kez
Diglot
Netherlands
Joined 4145 days ago

181 posts - 212 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English
Studies: Swedish

Message 328 of 553
30 January 2013 at 8:35am | IP Logged 
Ah thanks for the list Emme!

Skype list update:
- Kez
- Expugnator
- Solfrid_Cristina
- Julie
- Sans-serif
- Jeff_lingdqvist

This discussion contains 553 messages over 70 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version