Norway
brunugle.wordpress.c
Joined 6409 days ago

1292 posts - 1766 votes 
Speaks: English*, NorwegianC1
Studies: Japanese, Esperanto, Spanish, Finnish

Message 161 of 439
08 January 2013 at 9:00am | IP Logged 
It sounds like it must be the same guy they're "sending" to fix my internet and heat and various other things.

I still think it's a great job where you can study while on the job. At my old job, we would have had to pretend to be busy no matter what. It was very stressful since we had almost nothing to do for most of the autumn. There's a limit to how much pretending to work that you can do.
1 person has voted this message useful

fabriciocarraro
Hexaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Brazil
russoparabrasileirosRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4504 days ago

989 posts - 1454 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, EnglishB2, Italian, Spanish, Russian, French
Studies: Dutch, German, Japanese

Message 162 of 439
08 January 2013 at 4:32pm | IP Logged 
Brun Ugle wrote:
I still think it's a great job where you can study while on the job. At my old job, we would have had to pretend to be busy no matter what. It was very stressful since we had almost nothing to do for most of the autumn. There's a limit to how much pretending to work that you can do.

True! It happened the same thing to me at my old job, where I had to pretend to be working for more than 1 month. I felt very uncomfortable, but still managed to study some Dutch and Russian =)

fabriciocarraro
Hexaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Brazil
Joined 4504 days ago

989 posts - 1454 votes 

Message 163 of 439
15 January 2013 at 5:29pm | IP Logged 
РУССКИЙ:

We finally had our first Skype meeting as Team MIR! =) I was good to talk to you again guys, now with new people like Josquin and Jack. Welcome!
We didn't do a lot of Russian, but hey, it was a good start.
As for myself, I've been chatting in Russian with some friends and I'm happy to notice that I can maintain conversations for hours like that.

I also started with LanguageSponge's challeges and, since I'm an anxious guy, I did 3 in a row. I don't know if it's better to post them here or to our team thread, but I'll do both this time.

1.     Write five sentences introducing yourself

Привет! Меня зовут Фабрисио Карраро, и мне 24 года. Я учусь в университете и работаю. Я учу Компьютерную Инженерию, и работаю программистом в малеьнкой компании тут в Кампинасе. Кампинас - это город, в котором находится мой университет. Я женат, и моя жена - русская.

2.     Write three sentences about who you have in your family

У меня очень большая семья. У моего отца есть 22 братьев и сестер, но большинство из них живёт очень далеко от меня, поэтому я их хорошо не знаю. У моей матери есть 4 брата и сестры, и у всех из них есть дети и даже внуки. У меня есть и новая семья, так как я женат.

3.     Describe a friend in six sentences. What does s/he look like? What is s/he like as a person?

Моего лучшего друга зовут Рафаел. Мы познакомились в детском саду, и с тех пор мы лучшие друзья. Он несколько месяцев старше меня, но до восьмого класса мы вместе учились. Потом я перешёл в другую школу, и поступил в университет в другом городе, но ещё каждый раз, когда я в доме моих родителей, мы встречаемся.

FRANÇAIS:

I had a VERY quick chat in French with the ones who attended our last Skype meeting and I was good to put it in real practice. I was able to express everything I wanted and be complimented for it =) I know my accent sucks, but hey, it's been 3 months =P

Yesterday I watched a very famous (and recent) French movie, called "The Intouchables". I've heard that it's the most watched French film in history, and it's really a great and very touching movie. It's about a poor guy who starts working for a rich tetraplegic, and the friendship they develop with time.
My French is not good enough to understand everything they said, especially when the poor guy spoke, because it was always with a looooot of slangs. The rich guy was MUCH easier. I really recommend it!

O Novo Francês Sem Esforço - Leçons 22-28:

And I finally got to another revision lesson!
Still pretty much the same in terms of listening. Still, the first time I listen to the audio I usually get about 60-70% of what's being said, and after repeating it some times I can get easily to 80-90% (depending on the lesson).

The first lessons were quite useless, explaining about games, lotto, horse races and stuff like that.
The last 2 lessons before the review were really great for new vocabulary though. Unfortunately I don't remember all of the new words, but I'll try and listen to these lessons as much as I can, since then present very useful words such as "se lever", "se reveiller", "se raser", "se brosser" and "s'habiller" on lesson 26 and "boulangerie", "avoir besoin", "viende", "boucherie", "jambon", "charcutier", "crèmerie", "épicier" and other foods on lesson 27. MUST - REMEMBER - THOSE. Although I was wondering, are there still all of those stores or you just go to Carrefour and buy everything you need?

The review lesson was very good, explaining better important grammar concepts like "y" and "en". Also a big doubt I had, about when to use "qui" and when "que". Now it's solved (in theory) =)

ITALIANO:

I had a great Skype conversation with an Italian friend some days ago! I could notice clearly that my accent is worse than when I was studying Italian in 2009, and I'm getting a little rusty, but still we talked for more than 1 hour, all the time in Italian and it was great. My friend's accent is a little strong, but I still could understand pretty much all of it.

I also started playing Assassin's Creed 2 again, always in Italian. Since I lost my other savegame, I though "whattahell" and started it again.

Sorry for the long post guys! =)

Марк
Russian Federation
Joined 4845 days ago

2096 posts - 2972 votes 
Speaks: Russian*

Message 164 of 439
15 January 2013 at 5:54pm | IP Logged 
fabriciocarraro wrote:

1.     Write five sentences introducing yourself

Привет! Меня зовут Фабрисио Карраро, и мне 24 года. Я учусь в университете и работаю. Я
учу компьютерную инженерию, и работаю программистом в маленькой компании тут, в
Кампинасе. Кампинас - это город, в котором находится мой университет. Я женат, и моя
жена - русская.

2.     Write three sentences about who you have in your family

У меня очень большая семья. У моего отца 22 брата и сестры, но большинство из них живёт
очень далеко от меня, поэтому я их хорошо не знаю. У моей матери 4 брата и сестры, и у
всех из них есть дети и даже внуки. У меня есть и своя семья, так как я женат.

3.     Describe a friend in six sentences. What does s/he look like? What is s/he
like as a person?

Моего лучшего друга зовут Рафаэль. Мы познакомились в детском саду, и с тех пор мы
лучшие друзья. Он на несколько месяцев старше меня, но до восьмого класса мы вместе
учились (мы учились вместе). Потом я перешёл в другую школу, и поступил в университет в
другом городе, но каждый раз, когда я приезжаю к родителям (каждый раз, когда я у
родителей), мы встречаемся.

fabriciocarraro
Hexaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Brazil
Joined 4504 days ago

989 posts - 1454 votes 

Message 165 of 439
15 January 2013 at 6:02pm | IP Logged 
Thanks Марк! I have one question about the 2nd one. When should I use есть after у меня (etc.) and when should I not use it?

I noticed you removed the есть from "У моего отца есть 22 братьев и сестер" and "У моей матери есть 4 брата и сестры", but not from "У меня есть и своя семья". Should I use it only with "у меня" or what?

Марк
Russian Federation
Joined 4845 days ago

2096 posts - 2972 votes 
Speaks: Russian*

Message 166 of 439
15 January 2013 at 6:41pm | IP Logged 
fabriciocarraro wrote:
Thanks Марк! I have one question about the 2nd one. When should
I use есть after у меня (etc.) and when should I not use it?

I noticed you removed the есть from "У моего отца есть 22 братьев и сестер" and "У моей
матери есть 4 брата и сестры", but not from "У меня есть и своя семья". Should I use it
only with "у меня" or what?

No. But есть is used when the applied question to a sentence is "Is there? or Do you
have?", but not "How many? What? When?" and so on. You wanted to say that he had MANY
brothers and sisters, not that he HAD them.

fabriciocarraro
Hexaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Brazil
Joined 4504 days ago

989 posts - 1454 votes 

Message 167 of 439
15 January 2013 at 7:02pm | IP Logged 
Ah good. I think I got it! Thanks again!

fabriciocarraro
Hexaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Brazil
Joined 4504 days ago

989 posts - 1454 votes 

Message 168 of 439
03 February 2013 at 6:39am | IP Logged 
Just a quick update guys!

РУССКИЙ:

I didn't do much Russian last week, but I chatted quite a lot on Livemocha, so that's gotta count for something, right?

NEDERLANDS:

A little practice with a friend on Facebook, only to show me that yes, my Dutch got very rusty, but also yes, I still can manage a conversation without using Google Translate that much.

FRANÇAIS:

I'm quite impressed with my development in French. I haven't done any Assimil lesson since my last post (busy with my final exams), but it still seems to be improving. Today I chatted a loooot in French, both in SharedTalk and Livemocha, and got a lot of compliments. The best one was from a Canadian friend with whom I had not talked in a while. After chatting for about 20 minutes, she said that she was impressed with my French, and that I had not comitted even one mistake during those 20 minutes. I know it's not a big deal, but I'm quite proud about it =)

Anyway, I'll have my last exam on Tuesday and then FAREWELL UNIVERSITY! FINALLY! Ahahaha Let's hope for the best! \o/

This discussion contains 439 messages over 55 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version