Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4947 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, Norwegian, French, English, Italian, Papiamento
Studies: Mandarin, Georgian, Russian

Message 433 of 439
02 December 2014 at 5:09pm | IP Logged 
Well done! I only became aware of those tickets when it was too late...It turned out it was an error, but they are keeping the prices. I wouldn't have had time to go there anyway.
1 person has voted this message useful

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5115 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 434 of 439
01 January 2015 at 6:30pm | IP Logged 
Hi, where are you :-)

fabriciocarraro
Hexaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Brazil
russoparabrasileirosRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4496 days ago

989 posts - 1454 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, EnglishB2, Italian, Spanish, Russian, French
Studies: Dutch, German, Japanese

Message 435 of 439
02 January 2015 at 12:51am | IP Logged 
Hi Cristina, hi guys, I'm still here! It's just that I was too busy..... traveling to Russia! :)
In fact, I'm still here until tomorrow but anyway, traveling, New Year, you guys know it all :)
The weather here is quite cold as expected, but I'm actually handling it way better than I expected. Example: 2 days ago we had -17ºC and went ice skating, and with all the clothes and movement I was literally not feeling any cold at all.
Also, Moscow got way more beautiful than in the summer and the people seem nicer than the other 2 times I've been here, which were both in the summer. Go figure the Russians...

Anyway, I'd like to do my:

TAC 2014 Final Report

Let's go!

Русский:

Well, now that I'm actually in Russia I can properly evaluate my level, and I can honestly say that I failed.

My Russian level is way better than the last time I came here (2011) and I feel much more confident when speaking it, but even though I've been taking weekly Russian lessons on Italki and eventually writing texts in Russian, I noticed that I still struggle a lot with the vocabulary here.

I can get by without any problem and have conversations for a long time, but my comprehension depends A LOT on the person and the topic in question. Example: when talking to my wife's friends or people at a polyglot meeting where I've been, I could understand around 90% of the words they said (usually 100% of the context), but with her parents it can go down to 50%. I don't really know why it's happening, but it was a huge disappointment for me, since the whole point of stuying Russian more actively was being able to speak with them fluently. Even when answering, I make way less mistakes with her friends, which made me think it might have some emotional factor involved.

So, basically, I didn't reach C1 level as I intended. I feel that I've missed a great opportunity to really get my Russian to the next level, but oh well.. best luck next year :)

Français:

French was basically ignored during the whole year, except for a book and some articles that I read and the eventual conversations at the CS meetings. In about a week I'll go to Belgium and then to France, so it's my chance to get some real practice in a daily basis. I know I won't get to B2 just with a couple weeks in the country (also because I'll be on vacations, not actively studying), but it's always great to be able to travel and give your languages a real test.

Nederlands:

Dutch was even more ignored than French, because the only opportunities that I used my Dutch were at the CS meetings and sometimes during the World Cup, when I even gave an interview to a Dutch radio completely in Dutch.
Last week I was in Amsterdam for about 7 hours waiting for a connection flight to Moscow, but my wife and I went out to the city and I was glad to realize that I had no problem whatsoever with Dutch. Of course, I only used it for quick things, such as asking for information about the buses, trains, asking for directions and food, but it was still very nice to notice that I can still get by.
Tomorrow I'm going to Amsterdam and then to Gent in Belgium, so I hope to give it some more practice, just like my French.

Italiano:

I can actually copy my last year's post for Italian, which was: "I didn't do much for Italian this year, except some movies, chats with friends and one lesson with an Italki teacher, which made me realize that my level is still pretty good, since the teacher was impressed by the fact that I've never been to Italy =) It's still my favorite and beloved language, and it'll always be =)"

日本語

This year I found out that Japanese is an amazing language, and worth all the trouble of studying it. I studied the language actively for about 5 months, during which I had weekly Italki lessons all in Japanese, and then moved to the Kanji.
As of now, I forgot some of my spoken Japanese, but I can still say the basics. Also, the correct number for my known Kanji is 613. It's been some months since I gave it some attention (because I was focusing on Russian), but it's a very cool thing and I intend to get back to it as soon as possible. Unfortunately, I'm not planning on going to Japan any time on the next few years, so I gotta just use it online and eventually on CouchSurfing.

I guess that's it :) See you guys soon!

Edited by fabriciocarraro on 02 January 2015 at 12:53am

Emme
Triglot
Italy
Joined 5128 days ago

980 posts - 1594 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English, German
Studies: Russian, Swedish, French

Message 436 of 439
03 January 2015 at 3:39pm | IP Logged 
Anche se un po’ in ritardo volevo augurarti uno splendido 2015! Quest’anno non saremo nello stesso team, ma cercherò lo stesso di seguire i tuoi progressi.

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4947 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, Norwegian, French, English, Italian, Papiamento
Studies: Mandarin, Georgian, Russian

Message 437 of 439
03 January 2015 at 4:13pm | IP Logged 
Look who's back in the game! I won't be joining the German team but I will be following you progress
too...and we are still team mates at Pushkin.

Teango
Triglot
Winner TAC 2010 & 2012
United States
teango.wordpress.comRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5337 days ago

2210 posts - 3734 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Russian
Studies: Hawaiian, French, Toki Pona

Message 438 of 439
03 January 2015 at 8:17pm | IP Logged 
You made exceptional progress last year, mate, and I look forward to continue following your posts this year. And don't worry about not understanding new people in unfamiliar situations or contexts at first, that happens even to the best of native speakers too! I hope you and yours have a great time in Russia, indulge in a crazy number of ingenious salads, and that 2015 brings immense success your way in all your language goals!!

Edited by Teango on 03 January 2015 at 8:18pm

fabriciocarraro
Hexaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Brazil
russoparabrasileirosRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4496 days ago

989 posts - 1454 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, EnglishB2, Italian, Spanish, Russian, French
Studies: Dutch, German, Japanese

Message 439 of 439
03 April 2016 at 5:32pm | IP Logged 
Hey guys! It's been a while, right?

I have recorded this video in order to practice and get opinions from Polish native
speakers on how to improve my Polish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=Nq4H0jAMdKY

Could you please give me some tips on how and where to improve?

Dziękuję bardzo!

This discussion contains 439 messages over 55 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version