Russian Federation
Joined 4851 days ago

2096 posts - 2972 votes 
Speaks: Russian*

Message 369 of 586
14 January 2013 at 11:09am | IP Logged 
tarvos wrote:
Yes, about three words!

Mark added the diareses above the e (неё - но не нее).

I didn't. The Russian orthography allows to write е instead of ё, so it's not a mistake
anyway. I added two commas and said the rest was correct.
1 person has voted this message useful

tarvos
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2012
China
likeapolyglot.wordpr
Joined 4502 days ago

5310 posts - 9399 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English, Swedish, French, Russian, German, Italian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Romanian, Afrikaans
Studies: Greek, Modern Hebrew, Spanish, Portuguese, Czech, Korean, Esperanto, Finnish

Message 370 of 586
14 January 2013 at 11:11am | IP Logged 
Марк wrote:
tarvos wrote:
Yes, about three words!

I didn't. The Russian orthography allows to write е instead of ё, so it's not a mistake

I see. I stand corrected.

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5129 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 371 of 586
14 January 2013 at 11:57am | IP Logged 
tarvos wrote:
Марк wrote:
tarvos wrote:
Yes, about three words!

I see. I stand corrected.

Well thank you,both of you anyway :-) I must admit that commas are not my forte in any language - even my own. An American friend once said that I had a promiscous relationship with commas, and I answered him that with my civil status (married) that was the only kind of promiscuity I could allow myself these days.

I would like to ask you to have a look at the web site of team Viking by the way, and see if we could fill our web site with some of the same things - or other things. I think it could be very useful and inspirational to have a web site full of nice links, ressources, challenges, answers to challenges, beautiful pictures from Russia or references to Russian culture. Most countries have a rich culture, but I think that Russia has an even richer culture than most others, with their famous writers and composers. As Godmother of team Viking, I have also given them little tidbits of Scandinavian culture. We do not have any official godparent at team Mir, but if any of the Russians who read the thread would like to share with us anything about Russian customs or little songs and poems they enjoy, or recommendations for films, that would be great.

Another idea is for those of you who have seen Russian films, and written about it in your logs previously, could copy that and send it to Riff or mrwarper. That would be a great resource, and a help for those who want to see some genuine Russian material. Most of the films I see in Russian are translations of American films, but I saw two Russian films based on recommendations from Teango which I really enjoyed. Having a little list of those would help us all when we start finding films to see.

Jokes are also welcome - whether in English or Russian. My Russian teacher told me a joke the other day, where she said I was the first Westerner in the history to have laughed at that joke, whereas all Russians laughed at it. (It had to do with two trains meeting on the same track and fate). You never truly understand a people until you understand its humour.

Also I had no feed back on my ideas for keeping the newbies with us. That can be because you thought my ideas were spectacularly bad, and you wanted to spare my feelings by not saying so in public, or because you have not had the chance to think about it.

I would particularly like every newbie to have a mentor - so if you think that this may be helpful, I would suggest that either the newbies ask those they would like to have as their mentors directly, or that the more experienced members pick out newbies based on languages, geography, gender or whichever other criteria they find meaningful.

This is a spaceship, let our motto be: "Noone is left behind" (or whatever that would be in Russian :-)

Go team Mir!!

PS. I am leaving for Egypt early tomorrow morning and will not be back until next Wednesday. I do not know if I will have an internet connection there, and I will have to turn off the message service for getting all the automatic messages from HTLAL, but I'll hang on to this thread and a couple of others, in the hope that I can at least read them.

Big hug from Cristina

Марк
Russian Federation
Joined 4851 days ago

2096 posts - 2972 votes 
Speaks: Russian*

Message 372 of 586
14 January 2013 at 12:07pm | IP Logged 
Знакомиться has a more narrow meaning than встречаться, so it is really better here. But
встречаться is not wrong either.

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4961 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, Norwegian, French, English, Italian, Papiamento
Studies: Mandarin, Georgian, Russian

Message 373 of 586
14 January 2013 at 1:18pm | IP Logged 
Hi guys, posting again just to let you know I'm not dead yet, but I will only be able to
continue by around January 21st, and at a full schedule only in February 1st. Looking
forward to seeing all the activities and Skype sessions!! (Though I really don't think
I'd be able to say anything in Russian at this point).

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5129 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 374 of 586
14 January 2013 at 1:27pm | IP Logged 
Expugnator wrote:
(Though I really don't think
I'd be able to say anything in Russian at this point).

Last year we read out sentences, so we did not have to worry about speaking freely, but just read. It is a good way to start for the newbies. I do not really feel comfortable speaking freely yet either, but we could pehaps chose a topic - for instance related to the small challenges - and talk about that. Let's say we took the challenge about travelling for instance, where the newbies could prepare sentences, and read them out, and the more experienced ones could just speak freely. In that way we could speak about the same thing, and we would really get reinforced the vocabulary within that theme, without the less experienced ones getting an anxiety attack, or the more experienced ones getting bored. It is all a matter of creativity and flexibility :-)

2 persons have voted this message useful

Emme
Triglot
Italy
Joined 5142 days ago

980 posts - 1594 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English, German
Studies: Russian, Swedish, French

Message 375 of 586
14 January 2013 at 11:48pm | IP Logged 
Solfrid Cristin wrote:
[...]

PS. I am leaving for Egypt early tomorrow morning and will not be back until next Wednesday. I do not know if I will have an internet connection there, and I will have to turn off the message service for getting all the automatic messages from HTLAL, but I'll hang on to this thread and a couple of others, in the hope that I can at least read them.

Big hug from Cristina

Hej, Cristina!

Have a safe journey and enjoy your holidays!

fabriciocarraro
Hexaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Brazil
russoparabrasileirosRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4510 days ago

989 posts - 1454 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, EnglishB2, Italian, Spanish, Russian, French
Studies: Dutch, German, Japanese

Message 376 of 586
15 January 2013 at 5:33pm | IP Logged 
It was a nice Skypre meeting guys!

I've just posted on my personal log and I started with LanguageSponge's challeges. I don't know if it's better to post them there or here, but I'll do both this time.

1.     Write five sentences introducing yourself

Привет! Меня зовут Фабрисио Карраро, и мне 24 года. Я учусь в университете и работаю. Я учу Компьютерную Инженерию, и работаю программистом в малеьнкой компании тут в Кампинасе. Кампинас - это город, в котором находится мой университет. Я женат, и моя жена - русская.

2.     Write three sentences about who you have in your family

У меня очень большая семья. У моего отца есть 22 братьев и сестер, но большинство из них живёт очень далеко от меня, поэтому я их хорошо не знаю. У моей матери есть 4 брата и сестры, и у всех из них есть дети и даже внуки. У меня есть и новая семья, так как я женат.

3.     Describe a friend in six sentences. What does s/he look like? What is s/he like as a person?

Моего лучшего друга зовут Рафаел. Мы познакомились в детском саду, и с тех пор мы лучшие друзья. Он несколько месяцев старше меня, но до восьмого класса мы вместе учились. Потом я перешёл в другую школу, и поступил в университет в другом городе, но ещё каждый раз, когда я в доме моих родителей, мы встречаемся.

Edited by fabriciocarraro on 15 January 2013 at 5:33pm

This discussion contains 586 messages over 74 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version