Norway
brunugle.wordpress.c
Joined 6416 days ago

1292 posts - 1766 votes 
Speaks: English*, NorwegianC1
Studies: Japanese, Esperanto, Spanish, Finnish

Message 41 of 586
06 December 2012 at 3:41pm | IP Logged 
I really should dabble like you do. That way I could try out a new language for a month or two before deciding if I want to do it.
1 person has voted this message useful

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5130 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 42 of 586
06 December 2012 at 3:56pm | IP Logged 
Brun Ugle wrote:
Solfrid Cristin wrote:
Brun Ugle wrote:
You guys are tempting me so!

I found a Russian book and taught myself the alphabet about an hour ago, but I don't know. I promised
myself I would wait. Maybe I'll just pop by and watch like I have to some extent this year.

You do realise that we have just one spot left, and you are in the position to get it :-)

Yes, but I don't know if I can manage Russian. I was going to add an easy language (Spanish) this year.
Russian and Japanese together? Of course, Woodsei does it. And I am the TAC-Dictator, so I could reserve
myself a spot for a few days until I decide for sure. I hate making decisions!!!

If you before the end of the month decide you don't need/ want it anyway, you get to make someone else
happy, by bowing out gracefully :-)

Brun Ugle
Diglot
Norway
brunugle.wordpress.c
Joined 6416 days ago

1292 posts - 1766 votes 
Speaks: English*, NorwegianC1
Studies: Japanese, Esperanto, Spanish, Finnish

Message 43 of 586
06 December 2012 at 4:01pm | IP Logged 
Solfrid Cristin wrote:
Brun Ugle wrote:
Solfrid Cristin wrote:
Brun Ugle wrote:
You guys are tempting me so!

I found a Russian book and taught myself the alphabet about an hour ago, but I don't know. I promised
myself I would wait. Maybe I'll just pop by and watch like I have to some extent this year.

You do realise that we have just one spot left, and you are in the position to get it :-)

Yes, but I don't know if I can manage Russian. I was going to add an easy language (Spanish) this year.
Russian and Japanese together? Of course, Woodsei does it. And I am the TAC-Dictator, so I could reserve
myself a spot for a few days until I decide for sure. I hate making decisions!!!

If you before the end of the month decide you don't need/ want it anyway, you get to make someone else
happy, by bowing out gracefully :-)

OK. I'll sneak myself in and just practice a little these next few weeks to see if I like it. If not, I can give my place to someone else.

At least the alphabet was easy :-) It's almost like Greek, and I majored in physics, so we use a lot of Greek letters. Also, when compared to Japanese almost any writing system is easy, except Chinese.

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5130 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 

Message 44 of 586
06 December 2012 at 4:06pm | IP Logged 
I just saw that the Japanese team are planning to have useful links in their thread, which sounds neat. Now
although I am pretty good at motivating and encouraging, I am really bad at technical stuff, so I wondered if
there is a volunteer? The ideal person would be Tarvos, who could edit his first post and put them there, but if
he is not up for it, anyone else would be good.

tarvos
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2012
China
likeapolyglot.wordpr
Joined 4503 days ago

5310 posts - 9399 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English, Swedish, French, Russian, German, Italian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Romanian, Afrikaans
Studies: Greek, Modern Hebrew, Spanish, Portuguese, Czech, Korean, Esperanto, Finnish

Message 45 of 586
06 December 2012 at 4:12pm | IP Logged 
I can just edit my post, sure. But I use very little internet materials. But if people
send me a collection of Useful Things I will make sure to collect them. They should
pretty much draw my attention to it though, since I too am no Internet Hero.

Men varför tycker du att jag begriper mig på sådana tekniska grejer? Jag har aldrig
studerat det...

Edited by tarvos on 06 December 2012 at 4:12pm

mrwarper
Diglot
Winner TAC 2012
Spain
forum_posts.asp?TID=Registered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5022 days ago

1493 posts - 2500 votes 
Speaks: Spanish*, EnglishC2
Studies: German, Russian, Japanese

Message 46 of 586
06 December 2012 at 4:36pm | IP Logged 
Well, that's an area where my other teams were ahead of us ;)

If you want, I can compile a link collection and post it here, or pass it along to Cristina or Tarvos so it can stay on the first page. It feels a bit strange to have 6 pages on the thread even before we start, but...

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5130 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 

Message 47 of 586
06 December 2012 at 6:54pm | IP Logged 
mrwarper wrote:
Well, that's an area where my other teams were ahead of us ;)

If you want, I can compile a link collection and post it here, or pass it along to Cristina or Tarvos so it can stay
on the first page. It feels a bit strange to have 6 pages on the thread even before we start, but...

Sending it to Tarvos would be great. And getting success entails benchmarking and using any good idea that
floats around :-)

Emme
Triglot
Italy
Joined 5143 days ago

980 posts - 1594 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English, German
Studies: Russian, Swedish, French

Message 48 of 586
06 December 2012 at 7:59pm | IP Logged 
Hi, everyone!

I’m really happy to have been accepted into this very active and enthusiastic team!

Thanks especially to Cristina who’s always so kind and makes everyone, newcomers in particular, feel at home!

I’ve been on the forum for some years now, but I’m a newbie as far as TAC goes, because 2013 will be first year I take part in one. I’m not yet sure what I got myself into by enrolling, so feel free to tell me the do’s and dont’s of TAC’s etiquette if I’m not doing it right.

This discussion contains 586 messages over 74 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 57 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version