United States
Joined 4841 days ago

260 posts - 445 votes 
Speaks: Russian*, English
Studies: Sign Language, German, Spanish, French

Message 377 of 586
16 January 2013 at 4:42am | IP Logged 
@ fabriciocarrarp Message 376
Компьютерную Инженерию -> компьютерную инженерию : As a rule majors are not capitalized.
малеьнкой -> маленькой : Typo, I assume.
я их хорошо не знаю -> я их не знаю OR я их плохо знаю OR не очень хорошо знаю : I'm guessing this is a literal translation of the English "I don't know them well" which isn't something you say in Russian.
Рафаел -> Рафаэль is the typical Russian spelling, your way is not wrong, simply unusual or more specific.
Он несколько месяцев старше -> Он на несколько месяцев старше меня : Omitted a preposition.
но ещё каждый раз -> но каждый раз : You might've seen "а ещё" which sometimes can replace "но", but not always, and not here. Or maybe you're translating some Portuguese phrase that doesn't translate literally.

Otherwise, job well done!
1 person has voted this message useful

fabriciocarraro
Hexaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Brazil
russoparabrasileirosRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4510 days ago

989 posts - 1454 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, EnglishB2, Italian, Spanish, Russian, French
Studies: Dutch, German, Japanese

Message 378 of 586
16 January 2013 at 4:49pm | IP Logged 
s0fist wrote:
@ fabriciocarrarp Message 376
Компьютерную Инженерию -> компьютерную инженерию : As a rule majors are not capitalized.
малеьнкой -> маленькой : Typo, I assume.
я их хорошо не знаю -> я их не знаю OR я их плохо знаю OR не очень хорошо знаю : I'm guessing this is a literal translation of the English "I don't know them well" which isn't something you say in Russian.
Рафаел -> Рафаэль is the typical Russian spelling, your way is not wrong, simply unusual or more specific.
Он несколько месяцев старше -> Он на несколько месяцев старше меня : Omitted a preposition.
но ещё каждый раз -> но каждый раз : You might've seen "а ещё" which sometimes can replace "но", but not always, and not here. Or maybe you're translating some Portuguese phrase that doesn't translate literally.

Otherwise, job well done!

Thank you very much s0fist!

On the last one it was actually a Portuguese phrase like you said. I put ещё there with the meaning of "yet" or "still", meaning that even after so many years I still go there every time. But even with this meaning I don't know if it's correct at all.

Kerrie
United States
justpaste.it/Kerrie2
Joined 5190 days ago

1232 posts - 1740 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish

Message 379 of 586
18 January 2013 at 7:22pm | IP Logged 

Very reluctantly, I have decided not to be part of team MIR. I'm on three other teams, there are about 50 people between them, and I just can't keep up with everyone. I will probably continue to follow many of you through the year, but life is pulling me in other directions right now.

It's very probable I will return to Russian later in the year, but for now, there are too many non-language related things going on in my life to focus on language studies right now.

Good luck to everyone with their studies. :)

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5129 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 380 of 586
18 January 2013 at 9:10pm | IP Logged 
Kerrie wrote:

Very reluctantly, I have decided not to be part of team MIR. I'm on three other teams, there are about 50
people between them, and I just can't keep up with everyone. I will probably continue to follow many of you
through the year, but life is pulling me in other directions right now.

It's very probable I will return to Russian later in the year, but for now, there are too many non-language
related things going on in my life to focus on language studies right now.

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear that, but I totally understand how you're feeling. I'll keep a spot for you in the
corner of the space station, in case you want to come back later, and I'll wait until I come back from Egypt
next week to actually remove your name, in case you change your mind. Let us know if there is anything we
can do for you!

Kerrie
United States
justpaste.it/Kerrie2
Joined 5190 days ago

1232 posts - 1740 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish

Message 381 of 586
18 January 2013 at 9:15pm | IP Logged 
Solfrid Cristin wrote:
Kerrie wrote:

Very reluctantly, I have decided not to be part of team MIR. I'm on three other teams, there are about 50
people between them, and I just can't keep up with everyone. I will probably continue to follow many of you

It's very probable I will return to Russian later in the year, but for now, there are too many non-language

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear that, but I totally understand how you're feeling. I'll keep a spot for you in the
corner of the space station, in case you want to come back later, and I'll wait until I come back from Egypt
next week to actually remove your name, in case you change your mind. Let us know if there is anything we
can do for you!

Thanks.

If you could move the space station into orbit around another planet that has a longer day.. say 36 hours.. that would be awesome. :)

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5129 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 

Message 382 of 586
18 January 2013 at 9:16pm | IP Logged 
Kerrie wrote:
Solfrid Cristin wrote:
Kerrie wrote:

can do for you!

Thanks.

If you could move the space station into orbit around another planet that has a longer day.. say 36 hours..
that would be awesome. :)

I'll look into it :-)

milesaway
Triglot
Russian Federation
Joined 4126 days ago

134 posts - 181 votes 
Speaks: French, English*, Russian
Studies: Finnish, Sign Language

Message 383 of 586
20 January 2013 at 6:25pm | IP Logged 
Всем привет! Если можно я бы хотела стать участником этой команды.
Hi everyone. As mentioned in another thread, I would like to join the team as an associate member. I'll read the topics and take part in some activities, but no one is obligated to read my posts, and I am not obligated to read all the journals either (though I'll read a bunch of them anyway).

I'm a Canadian living in St. Petersburg, Russia. I've been here since August 2011, and I was here for a year in 2009-2010. I live with my Russian fiancee, although we only speak English at home (go figure). I'm a strong intermediate (maybe even basic fluency?) in Russian, and I'm hoping to get to a more fluent level by the end of the year.

Edit: I can't figure out how to post a link. I think it's because I'm still a newbie.
http://www.how-to-learn-any-language.com/forum/forum_posts.a sp?TID=35000&PN=1

Edited by milesaway on 20 January 2013 at 6:28pm

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5129 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 

Message 384 of 586
20 January 2013 at 7:50pm | IP Logged 
Welcome as an associate member of team Mir! ! I'll put your link at the first page as soon as I get home :-)

This discussion contains 586 messages over 74 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version