outerkhmer.blogspot.
Joined 4925 days ago

531 posts - 1126 votes 
Speaks: German*, Thai
Studies: Khmer

Message 145 of 457
18 January 2013 at 2:14pm | IP Logged 
billyshears66 wrote:
Hello. I know this group is closed, but if someone drops out and/or a spot opens up, I'd
love to join this team. Thanks!

My
Log

I'm in favor of taking billyshears66 in, he seems to be dedicated and motivated, and that can only be good for our team... what do you think?
1 person has voted this message useful

druckfehler
Triglot
Germany
Joined 4663 days ago

1181 posts - 1912 votes 
Speaks: German*, EnglishC2, Korean
Studies: Persian

Message 146 of 457
18 January 2013 at 6:25pm | IP Logged 
I'm also in favour of billyshears66 and I suppose the same goes for the rest or majority of our team, judging from the replies after Homogenik's request. I think if either of them checks back for an answer on the team log, I would deem them very motivated and would like to have them in our team.

So, my question to billyshears66: Have you read the team "rules" on the first page and are you okay with taking part in the monthly challenges? If that is the case, you're very welcome to join us. Your plans for Mandarin sound good and I like that you included "possible roadblocks" in your overview - great idea!

druckfehler
Triglot
Germany
Joined 4663 days ago

1181 posts - 1912 votes 

Message 147 of 457
18 January 2013 at 8:36pm | IP Logged 
druckfehler's introduction - 자기 소개

Okay, this is embarrassing. I'll post my Korean audio now before I change my mind... I did several (read: innumerous) takes, but decided to somehow stumble through the whole thing instead of making a script. Right now that's my biggest difficulty with Korean, as is probably apparent from the many "ummms" and pauses in the audio. I made so many mistakes that I'm cringing a little while writing this post. Apparently my hobbies include cleaning musical instruments... :D It's really a fascinating activity, that.

Anyway, here is the audio: my introduction in Korean Enjoy (if you can :D).

English script of what I tried to say

Hello Everyone. I'm Renate. I'm 25, 26 in Korean age. I live near Frankfurt, Germany and attend university. I'm really glad to meet all of the team members! I'm really happy that we've become such a great team. I'm majoring in English literature. But to be honest, my interests have changed a bit and I want to study once again with another subject. When I started university I didn't really know what I wanted to do later. Now I want to become a German teacher. So if I get the opportunity I want to study German as a foreign language. What else is interesting? Are you curious why I'm studying Korean? At first I wanted to just study any Asian language. Because Asian languages, literature, culture and philosophy is quite different from Western culture and languages I got curious. Back then I wanted to learn Chinese or Japanese. But at that time I wantched a lot of TV dramas. While I was wasting time on youtube I also found Korean dramas. When I watched those dramas I thought that the Korean language was quite appealing. So I decided to learn Korean. Now I've been learning Korean for about 3 years (correction: ...공부하기 시작한 지...?). I'm still enchanted by Korean (correction: ...빠져 있어요). That language is definitely very addicting. Apart from studying languages I also have other hobbies. I enjoy listening to music and like playing musical instruments (correction: ... 치기). Also teaching, cooking, reading (correction: ...독서?), dancing, I enjoy various activities. Let's wrap this introduction up now. If you're curious about anything else, feel free to ask. I hope we'll spend a fun/interesting and successful year together. Thanks for listening. Thanks for enduring it :) TAC 2013, Fighting!

I may or may not add a couple of sentences in Mandarin later.

Edited by druckfehler on 19 January 2013 at 1:09am

7 persons have voted this message useful

The Real CZ
United States
Joined 5444 days ago

1069 posts - 1495 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Japanese, Korean

Message 148 of 457
18 January 2013 at 8:40pm | IP Logged 
I had no idea you were a girl haha. All of this time I didn't really know what gender you were, but was leaning toward thinking you were a guy. You don't really spazz over actors when you mention certain Korean dramas, so that's why I didn't think you were a girl.

druckfehler
Triglot
Germany
Joined 4663 days ago

1181 posts - 1912 votes 

Message 149 of 457
18 January 2013 at 9:07pm | IP Logged 
I think I've been addressed as a guy a couple of times here. I guess the username doesn't help... For some reason I usually assume everyone on the forum with a gender-neutral username is a guy.

I do spazz over actors sometimes, but usually more or equally over characters they are playing (Lee Min Ho is an exception :D). I also usually restrict it to conversations with friends or with myself :D

billyshears66
Groupie
United States
Joined 4309 days ago

69 posts - 78 votes 
Studies: Mandarin

Message 150 of 457
18 January 2013 at 9:13pm | IP Logged 
druckfehler wrote:
Have you read the team "rules" on the first page and are you okay
with taking part in the monthly challenges? If that is the case, you're very welcome to
join us. Your plans for Mandarin sound good and I like that you included "possible
roadblocks" in your overview - great idea!

I have read the team "rules", and I'm trying to read through the entire team post (19
pages) to catch up. I'll also start working on my intro for the January team challenge
and get that posted if I'm approved by the team.

Thanks!
2 persons have voted this message useful

druckfehler
Triglot
Germany
Joined 4663 days ago

1181 posts - 1912 votes 

Message 151 of 457
18 January 2013 at 9:16pm | IP Logged 
Great! I added your name and log to our member list on the first page. Welcome to the team!

I also took Flargus off the list for now, because he hasn't made a log or posted anything in the last month.

Edited by druckfehler on 18 January 2013 at 9:20pm

billyshears66
Groupie
United States
Joined 4309 days ago

69 posts - 78 votes 
Studies: Mandarin

Message 152 of 457
18 January 2013 at 9:19pm | IP Logged 
Excellent! Thank you!

This discussion contains 457 messages over 58 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version