Studies: Mandarin, Italian, Spanish

Message 449 of 457
28 December 2013 at 1:52am | IP Logged 
大家好!对不起,我今年常常不在这儿。我今 年真忙!从二月到七月我在北京,我每天上中 文课。我觉得现

我的中文提高,可是我很少时间做别的东西。 我还不可以读中文的书很快,但是我肚漫画和 现在我听懂比以

多。我在中国的时候,我都考中,我非常高兴 了。夏天我学习很多,九月我回去大学。在大 学从2013年九月

2014年六月是我最好的年。我有太多的工作, 可以只学习。

我希望明年我是比较好的TAC队员。你们都是真 好的人,我很高兴认识你们!

Hi everyone! Sorry I've not really been here, I've been so busy this year! From February to July I was in
Beijing, where I had Chinese classes every day. My Chinese improved (like, drastically) but I didn't really
have time for anything else. I still can't read books that quickly, but I can read comics and now when I listen I
understand way more than I did before. When I was in China I did pass all my exams, so I was happy about
that. In the summer I studied a lot, then in September I went back to uni. September 2013 to June 2014 is my
final year, so I've got a lot of work to do. All I can do is study.

I hope that next year I'll be a better TAC participant (as in, hopefully I won't drop off the face of the earth and
fail to make headway in two of my languages…). Everyone else here is great, I'm really glad to have met you
all and to have been a part (even a tiny one) of such a great team! :)

Edit: to fix some characters -_-

Edited by Silbermond on 28 December 2013 at 1:54am

5 persons have voted this message useful

Kami
Groupie
United States
Joined 4313 days ago

55 posts - 62 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: French, Korean

Message 450 of 457
31 December 2013 at 7:26pm | IP Logged 
Hey Team!
Before 2013 is over I just want to say I accomplished very little this year, but seeing
all everyone else has done is really motivating! Even though I too dropped off the face
of the earth, I also hope I can do better for next year! It was nice being part of such
an awesome team!
1 person has voted this message useful

druckfehler
Triglot
Germany
Joined 4662 days ago

1181 posts - 1912 votes 
Speaks: German*, EnglishC2, Korean
Studies: Persian

Message 451 of 457
31 December 2013 at 9:29pm | IP Logged 
It's great to read some news from you, Silbermond and Kami!

@Silbermond: Congrats on improving your Chinese so much and passing all the exams! And good luck for the rest of your final year at uni - and TAC 2014? Are you participating in the Chinese team?

@Kami: A start is a start ;) It actually took me a year to go from learning the alphabet and doing 5 lessons in total to regular studying - there's always time to study more ;) Did you get the chance to go to Korea or are you still planning it?

Silbermond
Diglot
Groupie
United Kingdom
xuexisprachen.wordprRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4150 days ago

64 posts - 79 votes 
Speaks: English*, German
Studies: Mandarin, Italian, Spanish

Message 452 of 457
01 January 2014 at 11:48pm | IP Logged 
druckfehler wrote:
@Silbermond: Congrats on improving your Chinese so much and passing all the exams! And good luck for the rest of your final year at uni - and TAC 2014? Are you participating in the Chinese team?

Thank you! :D And yes, I'm on the Chinese team again this year, though I've still got to create my log. I'm hoping to be a bit more active this time around, so that'll be nice haha. (And I'll still be stalking all you Korean-learners' logs; I might not be studying it, but I do love it!)

Kami
Groupie
United States
Joined 4313 days ago

55 posts - 62 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: French, Korean

Message 453 of 457
02 January 2014 at 2:36am | IP Logged 
druckfehler wrote:

@Kami: A start is a start ;) It actually took me a year to go from learning the alphabet
and doing 5 lessons in total to regular studying - there's always time to study more ;)
Did you get the chance to go to Korea or are you still planning it?

Yeah I definitely plan on studying more next year!:) Also, I didn't make it into the
other program :( but I'm still planning on getting there sometime!

Sprachprofi
Nonaglot
Germany
learnlangs.comRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6264 days ago

2608 posts - 4866 votes 
Speaks: German*, English, French, Esperanto, Greek, Mandarin, Latin, Dutch, Italian
Studies: Spanish, Arabic (Written), Swahili, Indonesian, Japanese, Modern Hebrew, Portuguese

Message 454 of 457
03 January 2014 at 3:46pm | IP Logged 
Way to go, guys! You did great!

I'm tempted to join you in 2014 if there's an all-Asian team again, as I'm studying
Chinese, Indonesian and Japanese.

druckfehler
Triglot
Germany
Joined 4662 days ago

1181 posts - 1912 votes 
Speaks: German*, EnglishC2, Korean
Studies: Persian

Message 455 of 457
03 January 2014 at 4:14pm | IP Logged 
Thanks for dropping by Sprachprofi! Unfortunately there won't be an Asian team this year. Everyone has split into Chinese, Japanese and Korean teams. There's also a Southeast Asian team, but as far as I know the only other person studying Indonesian is on the Rare team. Complicated :)

Maybe next year we can have another team for people studying (or interested in) multiple Asian languages. It was definitely a lot of fun to be on this team with so much diversity.
3 persons have voted this message useful

Sprachprofi
Nonaglot
Germany
learnlangs.comRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6264 days ago

2608 posts - 4866 votes 
Speaks: German*, English, French, Esperanto, Greek, Mandarin, Latin, Dutch, Italian
Studies: Spanish, Arabic (Written), Swahili, Indonesian, Japanese, Modern Hebrew, Portuguese

Message 456 of 457
03 January 2014 at 4:26pm | IP Logged 
That's a pity. Thanks for clearing this up; I was on vacation until now and I find all
the TAC threads quite unwieldy now.

This discussion contains 457 messages over 58 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version